Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Curtis Davies

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Chris Hughton is working on Curtis Davies. Great move IMO. Hopefully we can afford him. Def a move in the right direction.[/quote]

[:O]I just choked on my toad in the hole!

good news CUSDP, your one of the only people i trust on such matters!

Brum paid 10million for him if i remember correctly. Must be on a fair whack a week. Just the kind of player we need to sure up a leaky defence.

Should be able to get him cheaper than Birmingham paid, their financial difficulties prob makes them more likely to accept lower offers, anything to help balance their books. The wage is the issue, reported 30-40 grand a week, we can''t/shouldn''t match that.It''s a shame there are no other prem teams around us, up north there is an agreement between some of the top clubs over wage cap with only 3 players being allowed to exceed that. i forget which teams are part of it though and whether the agreements is still in place, it was last year.

Transfer fee to Brum was undisclosed but reports said approx £1.5m. He was also previously a captain of Villa! Would be a good signing but not sure we could afford the wages (not that I have any idea what they''d be?)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Chris Hughton is working on Curtis Davies.

Great move IMO. Hopefully we can afford him. Def a move in the right direction.[/quote]Well, I believe you! [:$][;)]

Believe it was Aston Villa who forked out £10 million for him but he was not much of a success and they shipped him out to Leicester on loan then to Birmingham for an undisclosed fee . You could say he has already had a crack at the Prem and fell short , not sure he is a whole lot better than we already have ,would not want to pay much over £2 million for him .

Just another illustration of why Martin O''Neill is so overrated a manager. I think Curtis Davies is a good player and I would like to see him here. But to pay £10 million for him is absolutely criminal. He must be the most expensive player never to have received a full England cap.

Would be an excellent signing, well worth 3-4 Million and has every chance of making an England squad if playing regularily in Premiership.

Would be a good signing - the gossip a few games before the end of the season was that we were after him, so perhaps he was on Lambert''s list - though maybe not now he''s at Vanilla.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]O''Neill won''t last the season at Sunderland[/quote]

If the bookies offer decent odds on it that certainly isnt the worst bet in the world. If you look at the end of season form table. They failed to win in their last 8 matches and were 19th behind only a Steve Kean inspired Blackburn.

Daily Mail says we have contacted Spurs about a  £4 million move for Naughton , unfortunately Lambert also wants him and Hughton is concerned we will miss out.

A straight fight between us and Vanilla fr Naughton would be interesting Unfortunately they can afford better wages, but we might offer something different like almost guaranteed games and he already knows the guys (and he''d hardy be poor on c£20k a week or whatever!).

[quote user="Ncfc"]Daily Mail says we have contacted Spurs about a  £4 million move for Naughton , unfortunately Lambert also wants him and Hughton is concerned we will miss out.[/quote]

He''d go to Villa. More money on offer, nearer Sheffield and he is working with a manager he knows well. I think testing whether Palace''s resolve over Nathaniel Clyne would be a more realistic option. He has got bags of ability too.

Davies is playing at his level. He s never a Premiership player as he is an accident and a mistake a game sort.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]O''Neill won''t last the season at Sunderland[/quote]Yes he will,...great manager

I''m ashamed to say i went with the father in law (Brum fan) v Ipsh!t and, altho the game was particulalry bad, Curtis Davis was head and shoulders (and literally) the best player on the pitch by a country mile.....not that that was hard! Good signing if we pull it off.