Sign in to follow this  
Oli470

Robert Green signs 50k a week deal at QPR

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2157794/Robert-Green-set-sign-QPR.html#ixzz1xX0vp593

[quote user="York Canary"] Interesting choice.[/quote]

For which party?

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]This more proves what motivates him! He''s joining a smaller club down the road[/quote]

I''d wager that QPR will finish above West Ham next season and this kind of signing will only help that?

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]This more proves what motivates him! He''s joining a smaller club down the road[/quote]

Quite. This will certainly be interesting to see what it does for his England prospects.

Unless Hart gets injured and RG gets to play in Euro 2012, we''ll have to look behind the scenes. It''s a well known rule that every England squad has, by law, to have at least one West Ham player in it . Green is currently that man. No such rule exists for QPR players .

This signing just goes to show that we can compete with QPR this season even if they are chucking shedloads of money at things. Green is no better than John Ruddy who is probably on a fraction of what he is wage wise.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Quite. This will certainly be interesting to see what it does for his England prospects.

Unless Hart gets injured and RG gets to play in Euro 2012, we''ll have to look behind the scenes. It''s a well known rule that every England squad has, by law, to have at least one West Ham player in it . Green is currently that man. No such rule exists for QPR players .

[/quote]

That does seem to be the rule, I can only assume this means Carlton Cole will soon be stepping back up to the plate!

As for Greeno, good move for him. He let his contract run down, and moved clubs for a huge signing on fee, plus he won''t have to move house. They''re roughly the same level club, capable of the same I''d say, and he''s going to be their number 1 ensuring the England number 2 spot for the forseeable future.

[quote user="Jacko"]

This signing just goes to show that we can compete with QPR this season even if they are chucking shedloads of money at things. Green is no better than John Ruddy who is probably on a fraction of what he is wage wise.

[/quote]It also highlights that we can''t compete with QPR this season. I notice Englands number 2 goalie shares the same agaent (World in motion) as Englands number 3 goalie. I do hope the disparity in wages between the two keepers isn''t used as a tool by WIM to unsettle big John Ruddy into a nice fee earning move for the agents benefit.

Greeno has been a good keeper over the years, although his form was a bit hit and miss this season for West Ham by all accounts.All that being said, 50k a week is silly money IMHO, obviously they''ve made a saving on any transfer fee but I don''t think he justifies that sort of wage.Keepers are notorious for getting a rougher deal wages wise than many outfield players (especially strikers and attacking mids), and only the very best tend to get top dollar, and I don''t believe Green falls into this category.At this stage I''d much rather have Ruddy, both in ability and a sensible and fair wage.

["Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]This more proves what motivates him! He''s joining a smaller club down the road

In fairness if you was offered £50,000 a week to play for small club with money QPR I bet you would!

Interesting - I saw a story a little while back that he was unsettled.  Said he was on £20k per week at West Ham and asking them to double it.

A solid premiership keeper, getting on but keepers do have long careers nowadays.  £50k by QPR is just crazy but let''s fact it, nothing new when you look at their squad.  Problem IMO is they have too many players who think they''re bigger than the club.

Gotta be a good deal for Greeno though !

They could have got a better, younger, keeper on less wages if they looked at Fraser Foster.

Can''t believe that Green has landed himself such a wage - As great as he was for us, he''s damaged goods as far as i''m concerned, and the only way is down.

Personally, I Would much rather finish my career at a passionate club like West Ham than a bloody ''boutique'' club like QPR. He''s obviously turned into a slave to the pound.

Feel a bit sorry for Green his high profile ricket has made him damaged goods, lots of other top class keepers have made bad errors, including, James, Clemence and Shilton but it seems Green will never be forgiven. I actually thought Hart was poor the other night, thought he could have done better with the goal and nearly got caught out near post, had it been Green playing i am sure he would have been crucified. I have alot of Hammers mates who reckon he has done a great job for them. If he can get 50 grand a week good luck to him as for Passion i think the QPR Fans are quite a passionate bunch a create a good atmosphere for 15/16000.