Sign in to follow this  
djc

Exceptional hardship....

Zak Whitbread, avoids driving ban for clocking up 17 points on his licence, as he needs to find new employer. He got these points in october 2011 and jan 2012. he wasnt seeking new employers then, so surely there is no excuse! And the fine was pathetic for a premier league footballer.

[quote user="djc"]Zak Whitbread, avoids driving ban for clocking up 17 points on his licence, as he needs to find new employer. He got these points in october 2011 and jan 2012. he wasnt seeking new employers then, so surely there is no excuse! And the fine was pathetic for a premier league footballer.[/quote]
Yeah, but to be fair, even ex-Premier League footballers can''t afford to travel by train. [;)]

I got off with the same ploy and verdict at Swaffham magistrates for "totting up" around 2006-ish. £300 fine, £800 for the barrister...I''ve never had a point since so the deterrent worked for me...not sure the £880 fine + barrister fee''s would trouble Zak much but the fact if he so much as parks on a zig zag line within the next 3 years he''ll get an ban certainly will.

"Free the Swaffham one"! I shouted as I left the court. :0)

(the fact my mum had to come with me as the only person free to drive me home (if banned) was a tad embarrassing though).

He is unemployed remember. He has to get to the jobcentre every couple of weeks. God, cut the guy some slack people...

Has Nick " Mr Loophole " Freeman retired , lawyer for rich and famous sportsmen and drunks in general ?. The man who got Alex Ferguson off a motoring charge on the grounds that his client urgently needed to go to the toilet.

Does he not have an agent who is supposed to approach prospective clubs, drop press releases and generally promote his client?

If subsequently a club wishes to speak with him, surely he could afford to pay for the journey, or even ask the club to pay (- do they not usually refund travelling and others costs, unless an applicant turns down an offer - this is what happens in the area where I worked!)

You can''t blame him for trying, but 17 points is an awful lot!

Not waning the guy to suffer or anything, but why don''t they just defer the ban until he has a settled job again?

Sorry, I wish to mention another exceptional hardship:

I have been a member of this forun for 8ish years. Since the rules changed re. Moderating the Forum. I have not been able to create my own topics... Does anyone know how I can contact a system administrator to give me access?

I have never been reported for naughtiness and my previous posts are generally created to incite humour rather than anger. I am hoping someone can help as it has been an extreme hardship not being able to create my own topical posts over the last 3 or so years.

Thanks in advance.

Did you actually log in?

It sounds basic, but this is one forum where you can access the postings (but not post) without logging in. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Did you actually log in?

It sounds basic, but this is one forum where you can access the postings (but not post) without logging in. 

[/quote]

Withdraw that. You have just posted. Durr [|-)]

Zak Whitbread you are a P***k!why is that footballers think they are above the law and act this way?he should be banned from driving.. "Wont get another job in football" my fat hairy backside!I actually hope he doesnt get another job in football now... the blokes gone down in my estimation and is a complete and utter Pen!s!"oh sorry M''lud, I only earn in a week what you earn in a year and 3 times the Jury in that period...I''ll just take the Mick of the British Judicial system and pray ''hardship''"www.carshare.org Zak.. now do one!

[quote user="benjamin james"]

Sorry, I wish to mention another exceptional hardship:

I have been a member of this forun for 8ish years. Since the rules changed re. Moderating the Forum. I have not been able to create my own topics... Does anyone know how I can contact a system administrator to give me access?

I have never been reported for naughtiness and my previous posts are generally created to incite humour rather than anger. I am hoping someone can help as it has been an extreme hardship not being able to create my own topical posts over the last 3 or so years.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Benjamin, I''m still trying to determine whether or not this particular post is attempting to incite humour. Is so, it''s extremely subtle. If not, then I would only point out that, at your "speed of realisation rate", it must take you 6 months just to eat breakfast.

He was being given legal advice from a man, and I use the term loosely, who appears to have little by way of moral fibre. A man who seems to rank keeping killers on the street and bereaved families starved of justice as a success. It doesn''t surprise me in the slightest that Simon Nicholls also involves himself with getting millionaires off speeding bans on the grounds of "exceptional hardship".

There''s a house i know that has a thatched roof and sits by the sea.

One day it will be underwater - Expected within 40 years.

[quote user="canarydan23"]He was being given legal advice from a man, and I use the term loosely, who appears to have little by way of moral fibre. A man who seems to rank keeping killers on the street and bereaved families starved of justice as a success. It doesn''t surprise me in the slightest that Simon Nicholls also involves himself with getting millionaires off speeding bans on the grounds of "exceptional hardship".[/quote]

As a criminal defence solicitor myself, Canarydan, I take great exception to that.

You, I''m sure, wouldn''t know the difficulty of mounting a defence against improper charges against you as I''m sure you''ve never done anything wrong. We don''t lack "moral fibre", we don''t intend to keep killers off the street or "bereaved families starved of justice", we do a job and help ensure that the justice system is as fair as it can be.

It''s one thing criticising the courts for allowing such arguments to be successful; it''s another thing entirely to criticise a man I bet you''ve never met before just because he''s doing his job. Grow up.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]As a criminal defence solicitor myself, Canarydan, I take great exception to that.

You, I''m sure, wouldn''t know the difficulty of mounting a defence against improper charges against you as I''m sure you''ve never done anything wrong. We don''t lack "moral fibre", we don''t intend to keep killers off the street or "bereaved families starved of justice", we do a job and help ensure that the justice system is as fair as it can be.

It''s one thing criticising the courts for allowing such arguments to be successful; it''s another thing entirely to criticise a man I bet you''ve never met before just because he''s doing his job. Grow up.[/quote]In what way is Canarydan''s expression of opinion not grown up? I''ll bet there have been plenty of times during your adult life where you have criticised politicians for their actions, despite not being one yourself. How is this any different?

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="canarydan23"]He was being given legal advice from a man, and I use the term loosely, who appears to have little by way of moral fibre. A man who seems to rank keeping killers on the street and bereaved families starved of justice as a success. It doesn''t surprise me in the slightest that Simon Nicholls also involves himself with getting millionaires off speeding bans on the grounds of "exceptional hardship".[/quote]

As a criminal defence solicitor myself, Canarydan, I take great exception to that

It''s one thing criticising the courts for allowing such arguments to be successful; it''s another thing entirely to criticise a man I bet you''ve never met before just because he''s doing his job. Grow up.[/quote]Well that''s hard luck. It''s up to you if you get the hump on somebody else''s behalf just because Canarydan has an opinion.  Of which his opinion on some defence lawyers are shared by many.  That the perception is that they all don''t just ''ensure that the justice system is as fair as it can be''.  They seem to actively try and get the guilty ''off'' on the most BS reasons they can dream up. E.G Exceptional Hardship for a EPL footballer in between contracts.

I''ve met Simon Nicholls a number of times and he is simply very good at his job. Aside from that he is a decent enough guy and a I have seen him down at FCR a number of times so assume he is a regular.

As for Zak Whitbread and all the other footballers we have had at our Club recently who have been up for driving bans there is possibly an attitude amongst these spoiled young men that they can do what they like and for Whitbread to be such a serial speeder and escape a ban he must be either very unlucky in getting caught every time or else he drives like a prat!

Okay, these young men will have very good reactions and top quality vehicles but they are no different to anyone else other than they could afford to travel everywhere by taxi if need be.

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="canarydan23"]He was being given legal advice from a man, and I use the term loosely, who appears to have little by way of moral fibre. A man who seems to rank keeping killers on the street and bereaved families starved of justice as a success. It doesn''t surprise me in the slightest that Simon Nicholls also involves himself with getting millionaires off speeding bans on the grounds of "exceptional hardship".[/quote]

As a criminal defence solicitor myself, Canarydan, I take great exception to that.

It''s one thing criticising the courts for allowing such arguments to be successful; it''s another thing entirely to criticise a man I bet you''ve never met before just because he''s doing his job. Grow up.[/quote]

Wanna swap usernames, ''TheGoogler''? -- reckon mine would suit you to the ground.

There are solicitors around who will defend for a fat fee people who are charged with being drunk at the wheel or dangerously speeding . They will of course not admit that they know their client is as guilty as hell as it would be unprofessional conduct. Their method is to look for the tiniest of procedural errors or loop holes or cause endless delays to court procedures in the hope of the prosecution losing interest or pulling out due to mounting cost. I see nothing moral or " grown up " in such behaviour .

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="TheGoogler"]As a criminal defence solicitor myself, Canarydan, I take great exception to that.

It''s one thing criticising the courts for allowing such arguments to be successful; it''s another thing entirely to criticise a man I bet you''ve never met before just because he''s doing his job. Grow up.[/quote]In what way is Canarydan''s expression of opinion not grown up? I''ll bet there have been plenty of times during your adult life where you have criticised politicians for their actions, despite not being one yourself. How is this any different?[/quote]

The difference is quite simple. If I choose to criticise politicians for their actions, I criticise their actions, not question their intentions by saying they lack "moral fibre" and purport they seek to deprive victims of justice. That''s offensive, pure and simple.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="TheGoogler"]As a criminal defence solicitor myself, Canarydan, I take great exception to that.

It''s one thing criticising the courts for allowing such arguments to be successful; it''s another thing entirely to criticise a man I bet you''ve never met before just because he''s doing his job. Grow up.[/quote]In what way is Canarydan''s expression of opinion not grown up? I''ll bet there have been plenty of times during your adult life where you have criticised politicians for their actions, despite not being one yourself. How is this any different?[/quote]

The difference is quite simple. If I choose to criticise politicians for their actions, I criticise their actions, not question their intentions by saying they lack "moral fibre" and purport they seek to deprive victims of justice. That''s offensive, pure and simple.

Seems this forum doesn''t like Safari either.

Shyster: Actually, I would suggest you swap names with "Pinkun Role Model". The irony would be far greater.