Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

If the rumours are true...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]... and ''Arry has left Spurs I bet Lambert is regretting his decision.

Ha![/quote]
Nah, he loves it at Villa, has a great rapport with the fans!

To Quote Lambert " I have never said I want to leave, I''m very happy here and you can post as much as you like on message boards, I can''t stop that" .................Spurs he I come lol

You''re right Gareth, Lambert and the Villa fans do have a special rapport, after all they have massive for him since he''s been there. Collossal. Huge.

At least if he wants to bring in a few new fans to give the lads a hand there''s plenty of empty seats for them.

"It''s been categorically denied by ''Arry," according to Adrian Chiles just now.

So Randy can relax.

Besides, Lambert has put his stamp on Villa, apparently:

How childish!

''Arry said on the Beeb last night the CEX has just lost a loved one so contract talks won''t happen for a while. I doubt he''ll leave, he''s loved and loves Spurs.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You''re right Gareth, Lambert and the Villa fans do have a special rapport, after all they have massive for him since he''s been there. Collossal. Huge.

At least if he wants to bring in a few new fans to give the lads a hand there''s plenty of empty seats for them.[/quote]

All that talk about bringing lads in to give them a hand did always worry me. Although perhaps the handjob initiation tactic is what created such a strong team spirit?

Spurs should have finished 3rd last year whether it was the court case, the England speculation, or a combination of the two they blew it and as it turned out due to Chelsea''s success it cost them their Champions League spot and the many millions that go with it. Doubt ''Arry is that popular down at the Lane at the moment.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]... and ''Arry has left Spurs I bet Lambert is regretting his decision. Ha![/quote]

Just because Lambert has signed a contract, doesn''t mean he''s staying there. Maybe the cancellation clause would be a little more strict than the one he had with us though.

Alls well that ends well

If Lambert quits Villa for Spurs now, Villa could claim compensation and would then be able to afford to pay Norwich compensation.

Then everyone will be ''appy

All joking aside, i think it''s probably safe to assume ''Arry will be there for another season.

However, if we do well next season and ''Arry was to move on at the end - CH would be well and firmly in the frame to take over, what with his links to spurs etc.

With that in mind, i''d quite like to see ''Arry leave and for spurs to appoint a quality manager and everything be rosey over there for a few years.

[quote user="Shankslad"]

Alls well that ends well

If Lambert quits Villa for Spurs now, Villa could claim compensation and would then be able to afford to pay Norwich compensation.

Then everyone will be ''appy

[/quote]

Correction - * Then Villa will ''poach'' Hughton and we will be back to square one.

Then Wiz will be happy

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]All joking aside, i think it''s probably safe to assume ''Arry will be there for another season. However, if we do well next season and ''Arry was to move on at the end - CH would be well and firmly in the frame to take over, what with his links to spurs etc. With that in mind, i''d quite like to see ''Arry leave and for spurs to appoint a quality manager and everything be rosey over there for a few years.[/quote]

A lot of ''ifs'' there, but that makes sense.

Oh no! Here we go again. Come back Bryan Gunn, at least nobody is ever likely to want him.

Remember those wonderful days when nobody wanted our manager, including us !

To be honest, Spurs seem to have bigger ideas these days and would be more likely to approach a manager from Europe such as Mourinho or Guardiola. However I have heard a rumour that Harry''s dog is in the frame.

He''s a very wealthy man and can take or leave the Spurs job.... plus walk into many others if he wanted.He will end up buying his local club Bournemouth and have fun taking them up the leagues.

quote "canaryfairy"

All that talk about bringing lads in to give them a hand did always worry me. Although perhaps the handjob initiation tactic is what created such a strong team spirit?

To be fair, who wouldnt want to be pulled off at half time?

Its better than a slice of orange and a cup of tea......

I thought ''arry''s reasons for wanting a more permanent contract, as opposed to a rolling one, were quite ironic. The jist of it was that he felt the players may feel a bit ''we don''t know if the manager will be here, or not, in a years time'', so that would create it''s own motivational problems within.

Are you listening Paul? (before anyone compares Lambert''s rolling contract, with Hughton''s, I would say they have completely different circumstances, i.e succesful Club in the Prem, as opposed to one in the Championship, riddled with all sorts of money problems)

I wonder if Spurs will go in for him now, Levy is a big fan. Be a kick in the pants if Villa received Comp for him whilst we ended up with nothing!

Not sour grapesbut like many i have always thought Villa to be the wrong club for Lambert at this moment in time. I do not think Spurs would have wanted him, but if they in turn steal Moyes from Everton then i am sure they would have had Lambert near the top of their shopping list.

I think Spurs will be looking for someone more established than Lambert.

Never mind all this talk about Lambert jumping too soon, I wonder if the Villa board will be wishing they had waited so they could try to get Redknapp.  Actually, I wonder if it''s too late for that...

I don''t get this assumption that Spurs would want someone more experienced/established than Lambert. Liverpool are a bigger club who have won silverware, including the Champions League, regularly over the past decade and will be in direct competition for league position with Spurs next season, and their number 1 choice was a man with arguably a less impressive CV than Lambert.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]All joking aside, i think it''s probably safe to assume ''Arry will be there for another season. However, if we do well next season and ''Arry was to move on at the end - CH would be well and firmly in the frame to take over, what with his links to spurs etc. With that in mind, i''d quite like to see ''Arry leave and for spurs to appoint a quality manager and everything be rosey over there for a few years.[/quote]

So who do you think will win Euro 2012 ?  [;)]