Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

A Helicopter for Bowkett

Does anyone have a helicopter to airlift this fella out from Carrow Road? First of all he said he wanted to stick with Gunn before McNally saved him from himself. Then he said he wanted to finish five places lower next season compared to last. Now he says they want to recruit players from Europe. He clearly does not know his Canary history very well. Carrow Road is littered with failed signings from the continent. This abysmal Canary Board has gone down this route before and it is now about to repeat the same mistake. And posters tell me Delia has learned from her past mistakes? Well, here is ample proof that she, and they, haven''t. Does Bowkett remember Raymond de Waard, Fernando Derveld, Pape Diop, Cedric Anselin, Marc Libbra, Thomas Helveg, Matthias Johansen, Steen Nedergaard, Dennis Van Wyk, and, going back to the John Bond era, Drazen Muzinic. The latter was a full international for Yugoslavia and captain of his country, yet never got the hang of English football. It will be an extremely dangerous strategy to bring in players who are not used to the pace and intensity of the Premiership. Even more so if, as I suspect, the Board are going down this route in order to save pennies now so that they can lose millions when they get relegated as a result of it. The Board will do anything except pay the going rate for a proven Premiership player. They want to stay rooted to the bottom of the Premiership Wages Table because Norwich are somehow a special case, and should not be expected to pay even modestly higher wages. And Delia, as we know, will not put her baby up for auction to the highest bidder because we are forced, by her, to believe that billionaires do not exist. Lambert was right when he said that Norwich is not the right type of club for bringing in foreign players. History backs him up. The only foreign player who had a good spell was Matti Svensson, and that was because he already had several seasons with Charlton in the Premiership. Hoist that fella out........... 

Nottingham Forest appear to have a veritable queue of big money buyers lining themselves up to invest there. Such a shame that we have no hope of anyone ever wanting to buy City. It must be true because Delia said so.... didn''t she?

If Delia did put the club "up for auction to the highest bidder" as you seem to be advocating no doubt you would be the first one on here accusing her of profiteering.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Dennis Van Wyk - one of the few canaries to win a major trophy??

[/quote]Was going to query this one myself.Good player, as was a certain Aage Hareide who Vince has clearly failed to find in his " Foreign Norwich city players" Google search.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Dennis Van Wyk - one of the few canaries to win a major trophy??

[/quote]Aage Hareide, another good''un

[quote user="Big Vince"]Then got relegated the same season.....did Dennis.[/quote]

So did Woods, Watson, Bruce, Barham, Channon and Deehan to name some more...

Cluck in disguise? Binner is disguise? or perhaps they are both the same thing! Anyway i can''t believe Nedergard (? spelling) is on that list, best RB i have seen at Norwich, loved him, some other good players mentioned too.Just to amuse you for a little and reply sensibly, why should pass failings under different mangers prevent us recruiting from Europe, it''s the cheapest market and i don''t want to see us blow 1/3 or 1/2 our transfer budget on one player, we''re not a one man team.It''s been known that in the past we haven''t had a scouting system, Ewan Chester was our first head scout to set up something abroad, now he is back, along with Hughton, who has worked with the best scout in the business- i am very excited to see some gems uncovered this summer, as should everyone else who supports the club- it''s a great time to be a supporter, if you can''t enjoy it now, i doubt you ever will, so i suggest you stop sitting at home and listening to the games on the radio on a saturday, instead go out, find a new hobby, i would advise somewhere where bullshit is tolerated!

Interstellar levels of trolling or monster levels of stupidity, hard to tell but were it not for AB the club would almost certainly have entered administration three years ago.

There are many successful foreigners that have played for Norwich.   What about Peter Silvestre??  A very  successful French forward in his time.      And then there is Phil Boyo, as Welsh (Welsh is foreign isn''t it?) as a ten bob bit, and not forgetting  that great Czech striker Roberto Vleck................

The list is endless............

Lots of stupidity to deal with in one post, but here I go.
Firstly whilst Bowkett may have publicly stated he wanted to keep Gunn, you have forgotten the first rule of Football: Everyone lies. What Bowkett might state publicly is often complete b****cks, we have no knowledge as to what happens inside the board room, so we have no knowledge as to what ''side'' (that is of course if there was a side that wanted to keep Gunn) Bowkett was on, the same could be said about all his public statements, people are taking Bowkett suggesting we may look at foreign markets for players (something which I thought would be quite obvious) as gospel. McNally claimed that we would be scouring Europe for our new manager, days later Hughton was signed from the championship. You can''t trust anyone publicly when it comes to football, your a complete idiot if you think you can.
Secondly, Bowkett never, ever, EVER stated that he wanted to finish 17th. He said the goal this season was to finish 17th (with a silent at least) If Norwich finish 12th, or 10th or even 5th Bowkett is not going to throw a fit because we didn''t finish 17th. Like the majority of all teams in the Premier League are goal this season is to guarantee safety ASAP, anything else, whilst great, is a bonus.
Thirdly, you have no idea as to what the current wage bill is, if it''s larger than last seasons or smaller and treat the idea of success without spending over the odds as a BAD thing, are you insane?
Finally:

par·a·graph/ˈparəˌgraf/

Noun:
A distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
Verb:
Arrange (a piece of writing) in paragraphs.
Synonyms:section - article - clause - item 

Why on earth do we have two threads practically next to each other just digging at the Board for no real reason? Is it that sometimes one is just not enough?

Surely it is up to Hughton where he wants to shop for players, and I doubt Delia Smith will have anything to do with it. The fact is that many of the best PL players are foreigners, a number of whom have been picked up cheaply. You clearly have to be careful, as there are those who won''t work out, but if Hughton wants to look abroad it is up to him.

But to cherry pick some poor foreign players, mostly from when we were also-rans in the Champs (and financially precarious from Chase''s legacy) is just pathetic - you could pick out any number of crap English players from that time as well. As for Jonsson, I thought he was good, as was Svensson; I thought Helveg never really got over injuries and we didn''t see the best of him.

[quote user="Big Vince"]

The only foreign player who had a good spell was Matti Svensson [/quote]

Absolutely, Big Vince. If we''d had some no-hope journeyman Englishman on the right-wing back in 1959 instead of that fancy-dan Canadian Errol Crossan we would have won the FA Cup that year.

[quote user="Clever Clucker."]Nottingham Forest appear to have a veritable queue of big money buyers lining themselves up to invest there. Such a shame that we have no hope of anyone ever wanting to buy City.

It must be true because Delia said so.... didn''t she?
[/quote]

Indeed they have a front runner in the form of a Kuwaiti called Fawaz Al-Hasawi who wants to install Neil Warnock as his manager !!!!!!

Bet you would just love that happening at NCFC wouldn''t you Cluck ?

Please remember that the late Nigel Doughty ploughed £75 million of his own money into Forest merely to keep them afloat in the Championship so i expect those left holding the baby after his unfortunate death will be in no position to be fussy who the new owner is merely to carry on in existence.

Is that a scenario you would REALLY IN ALL HONESTY want to see happen at Carrow Road Cluck Nose an absent foreign owner and Warnock in charge of the team ?

Big Vince and Cluck''s helicopter for Bowkett.........[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/thumbnailaspx.jpg[/IMG]

Errrrrrrr what clueless post!

You are completely talking outta your ass.

The ambition is to stay in the premier league!!! 17th is the target anything else is a bonus.

European players are rubbish at Norwich??

There has been some really good foreigners at this club.

And saying Mathis Svensen was the only one good. I compare him to Steve Morison in the 2nd half if this season. Lazy and pants

Not forgetting that great south american we had in the 80''s - Robert del Rosario I think his name was...

One thing the majority of our ''failed'' ex-foreigners all have in common is the fact they were predominantly brought on the cheap. Either free transfers or trialists desperate for a club.

Proper scouting of talent with proper funds to invest should equate to a higher standard of player that comes in. Rocket science it isnt, when questioning why many have failed here in the past.

Big Vince is spot on yet again and what does he get for his troubles?  You''s lot giving it the big I AM!

Henrik Mortensen, Drazan Muzinic, they set Norfolk on fire didn''t they!?

Jesus, FFS, give me strength![:@]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Clever Clucker."]Nottingham Forest appear to have a veritable queue of big money buyers lining themselves up to invest there. Such a shame that we have no hope of anyone ever wanting to buy City.

It must be true because Delia said so.... didn''t she?
[/quote]

Indeed they have a front runner in the form of a Kuwaiti called Fawaz Al-Hasawi who wants to install Neil Warnock as his manager !!!!!!

Bet you would just love that happening at NCFC wouldn''t you Cluck ?

Please remember that the late Nigel Doughty ploughed £75 million of his own money into Forest merely to keep them afloat in the Championship so i expect those left holding the baby after his unfortunate death will be in no position to be fussy who the new owner is merely to carry on in existence.

Is that a scenario you would REALLY IN ALL HONESTY want to see happen at Carrow Road Cluck Nose an absent foreign owner and Warnock in charge of the team ?

[/quote]

Completely irrelevant, if the same person bought NCFC, and I''m not saying it is or isn''t a good idea, then they would not appoint Warnock. It is clear that Warnock is an expert at getting teams up, it at least shows that the prospective owner has at least done their homework which if true is actually quite impressive!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Rootin FerHooten"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18408457
[/quote]

Is that a wizard?

P.S. Last time I looked, Ireland was in Europe.
[/quote]

That article is a load of tosh.  The BBC use the word troll all the way through it and then at the end admit that the word will not appear in the regulations and only defamatory content will be subject to it.

What did that Zimmerman put in his private email to warrant a suspended sentence? 

In the late 90''s we had an unsavoury episode with some members of our family and I spelt out in a letter, in no uncertain terms, what I thought of them and their family.  This person contacted the police and her solicitor about it, claiming slander and defamation and was told quite clearly that because the letter was a personal letter sent only to them and addressed only to them that they didn''t have a leg to stand on.  The police even told me that "you can put whatever you want in a private letter".  I didn''t take this literally as I would assume a letter or letters sent to a person, constantly abusing and/or threatening them would be a different kettle of fish.

It will be interesting to see how this law, especially with regards to private emails, links to the laws of real-life stalking (which I think may have been changed recently?), which have been far too lax for far too long.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

That article is a load of tosh.  The BBC use the word troll all the way through it and then at the end admit that the word will not appear in the regulations and only defamatory content will be subject to it.

[/quote]

That''s simply because "troll" is the commonly understood term, but in a legal document you have to define what you''re talking about much more precisely.