Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Let's Get This New Era Started

I don''t know about anybody else but except for CH''s appointment a couple of weeks ago this off-season couldn''t be more boring.

Let''s get the new signings in!!!

Isn''t pre-season in the beginning of July which is only 2.5 weeks away.

Let''s go CH, McNally, looking forward to hearing something about recruitment and potential signings.  

It''s the same for most clubs at the moment though. There hasn''t exactly been a plethora of signings has there. It will all come in time, even if it is frustrating to wait for news.

For now it''s a case of waiting for the fixture list to be released on Monday, which is also our little man''s 2nd birthday so hopefully it''s double celebrations when we draw Villa at home first game of the season lol.

Your right York.

Keen to get this started and see how we are going to strengthen the squad. Holt situation needs sorting out also.

Fixture list will be interestting and I reckon somebody inside the FA will ensure we have Villa first, at home preferably.

Hope your young boy has a cracking day.

Couldn''t agree more. I normally find the close season boring, but despite the Euro''s this one has been exceptionally dull. Were it not for the "managerial merry-go-round", there would have been nothing doing, which is odd as normally there is some impending transfer action to debate. Is it just the Euros that are slowing things down, or is football feeling the pinch too? 

Wouldn''t be surprised if our first game is against Villa, but it will be away and on the Monday night thanks to Sky.

While I agree with you, CH needs time to work out where he sees the weaknesses in our squad. He was quoted as saying he will watch replays of all of our games this season, I am sure once this is completed he will build a wish list based on areas to strengthen and the action will begin.Or in the immortal words of Neil Doncaster, nobody does business in June... (I think it was that anyway)

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning Broadstairs.

Have a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee and start again.

Have a good day

Euro 2012 is the most important factor in all of this. Every 2 years (World Cup and Euro''s) the off-season is much quieter to start with, through June, than it is during the off years. Players are all over the place, many playing in the Tournaments, if not then on Holiday or attending said tournament. Managers and

During the off-year however players may take a Holiday, however they are not typically away for a very long amount of time. Whilst they may be away from the team it is much easier to bring them in, to discuss contracts and to purchase players from other clubs.

One reason for this being exaggerated is the fact it is our first time in the Premier League during such an event. The effects explained above don''t really have much hold, if any on the lower leagues, as such if we were in the Championship next season, player purchasing probably would have started. This is mainly due to the quality of lower leagues not matching Tournament standard.

Another potential reason that you are feeling like this off-season if particularly slow is that Paul Lambert typically did business extremely early (by 1st July last year we had 5 signings).We will probably still purchase relatively early (Early July), as McNally can probably see the benefit of that, especially with a new Manager. Many teams like to see what they have through the pre-season and first few weeks of the season before purchasing in August.

*Managers and other footballing staff tend to be involved with the tournament (either as Pundits or through scouting for new players), especially in the Premier League.

I think CH is on holiday at the moment? seem to remember it being mentioned. He''s probably sat by the pool going through our player profiles with a Margarita in hand deciding how best to use Hoolahan (unlike Trapattoni) on putting a few past Shay Given next season.

Looking forward to who he brings in don''t think it''ll be too long after he comes back, hopefully he''ll talk Holt round and bolster our defence a bit (Curtis Davies?) Personally, I''d expect our first signing to be early July once the dust''s settled on the Euros.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning Broadstairs.

Have a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee and start again.

Have a good day

[/quote]

It was a little joke Oz.

See previous post about Bowkett''s comments on Lambert.

Now say you''re  sorry [;)]

There are 10 more weeks before the summer "window" closes, I believe. Isn''t it the end of August? I wouldn''t want too many late deals done, - its hard on the finger nails, but I think it is right to search for what we need, and not waste money.

CH has been with us two weeks, part of that on a much needed holiday. He is having to judge strengths and weaknesses of players by watching DVDs, because the players are all away until the end of the month. He will doubtless want to consult Culverhouse and Karsa and, as he made it quite clear, he wants to talk to Holt. After he has done all this, then he can begin to consider possible targets.

I doubt very much if he will be influenced by recommendations for new players made on this board. To read all these postings would be beyond anyone!

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

Your right York.

Keen to get this started and see how we are going to strengthen the squad. Holt situation needs sorting out also.

Fixture list will be interestting and I reckon somebody inside the FA will ensure we have Villa first, at home preferably.

Hope your young boy has a cracking day.

[/quote]

You''re right about Holt Oz. I''m assuming that''s CH''s priority at the moment? It sounded like it from his interviews. That and watching dvd''s of our season just gone. Really hoping it gets sorted one way or another very soon because I feel like we''re stuck in limbo whilst it''s up in the air and we''re unable to move forward.

P.S Thanks for the well-wishes for junior''s birthday:) Just need some decent weather up here on the day as it''s been garbage recently (particularly at weekends which is peeing me off a treat!)

Hopefully that ''somebody inside the FA'' will make the Villa match happen:P

From the look of the Norwich City twitter accout even they are a little bored at the moment. June is generally a quiet month, although as Norwich fans we have been lucky with lots of activity to match our increasing rise in stature.

Having said that, a new manager and the captain handing in a transfer request is plenty of exicitment for now. I doubt it is the Euros holding things up, as very few scouts are draw to it these days - all the players there are well know to everyone (apart from Alan Shearer) and clubs know better than to buy a player off the back of a few good performances, or at least they should do.