Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Anyone else on here?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

England/Sweden -  10 minutes gone and struggling to watch Caroll.   Cringeworthy.  

No doubt I''ll eat my words by the end of the match.......................

[/quote]

Can''t find me looney tunes wav [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]Good ol'', LDC [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

England/Sweden -  10 minutes gone and struggling to watch Caroll.   Cringeworthy.  

No doubt I''ll eat my wordsby the end of the match.......................

[/quote]Would you like ketchup or mayonnaise with those words? [;)]

Watching the game; tried to watch with 5live commentary but get Moyles in a pop up window even if you don''t have his version. BBC dumbing down again.

Andy Carroll does exactly what it says on the tin.

The problem is that it doesn''t say that much on the tin.

If he had the all-round play of Ibrahimavic I would be happier. For now and for England''s future/

Another solid defensive display from England, the defence looks better with every passing game and could be up there with the best in the tournament. Hodgson has identified the weakness of the English team (keeping possession) and has decided to play with the counter-attack. I''m still concerned with Englands'' ability on the counter, England need to stretch the play more and encourage the wide midfielders to really attack the full-backs. So, it looks like the England team are really buying in to Hodgson philosophy, offensively the counter-attacks need working on and England could really do with a calming presence in midfield to keep the ball (but England have always needed one of them) but this is only Hodgsons fourth game as England manager and so far, his philosophy has got the best out of his players.   

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If he had the all-round play of Ibrahimavic I would be happier. For now and for England''s future/

[/quote]

up until this tournament i haven''t got ibrahinovic at all.... i was astounded when he went to barcelona for eto + 40 million euros or whatever it was ?

[quote user="Herman "]

..he looks a bit like Morrie from GoodFellas.

Get in[:D]

[/quote]Lol, "don''t buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Aye, laddie, that''s the problem.   A one trick pony.    Mind you, that goal wasn''t a bad trick.....

You can make all these Holt v Carroll v Welbeck comparisons till the cows come home, but one very Norwich City thing about England is their new-found spirit. I''m sure that under Capello, Sven and Brollyman, if we''d gone 2-1 down v the Swedes, that would''ve been it. Or a draw at the very best.

Certainly Hodgson has instilled a never say die attitude in the England players, in the same way that Lambert did so in our lads . Counts for a lot in a team of (relatively)average players . Of course that''s not to say that (again as with Norwich) when England come up against anybody any good they''ll not get beaten,  but I''m confident that wuith that kind of attitude we can get a result v Ukraine.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

You can make all these Holt v Carroll v Welbeck comparisons till the cows come home, but one very Norwich City thing about England is their new-found spirit. I''m sure that under Capello, Sven and Brollyman, if we''d gone 2-1 down v the Swedes, that would''ve been it. Or a draw at the very best.

Certainly Hodgson has instilled a never say die attitude in the England players, in the same way that Lambert did so in our lads . Counts for a lot in a team of (relatively)average players . Of course that''s not to say that (again as with Norwich) when England come up against anybody any good they''ll not get beaten,  but I''m confident that wuith that kind of attitude we can get a result v Ukraine.

[/quote]

But Welbeck gets more flukes than the others