Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Could this explain Paul Lamberts wobble?

I know there have been a million threads re PL, so I apologise for starting another.

Also, this, unfortunately IS one of those things where somebody knows someone who knows someone etc., so take it as you will. It may even be complete BS, but I have no reason to believe/disbelieve it.

A customer of mine - who is a staunch Man Ure fan may have shed a little light on this.

According to him, (partner works for someone at the club) last summer, PL was offered an assistant manager type of role at Liverpool, under Kenny, with the intention of grooming him for the job in the future. He supposedly didn''t take it, as there was no guarantee that he''d get the job should King Kenny be sacked. Basically, if Kenny got the boot, it was equally possible that PL would also be booted out, to allow the replacement to bring in his own team. And PL wasn''t too happy about stepping down to assistant manager.

As I said, could be utter BS, but this guy has no reason to make this up.

I found this interesting following on from Bowketts comments the other day. Doesn''t sound totally implausible to me.

I''ve read enough on here to know that people will shoot down whatever is said here, so please, form an opinion! I doubt it would be any different had I said that I knew for sure what had happened!

*tin hat on*...

I for one will not be berating you for this post as I have actually heard the same thing from a reliable source, although I heard it was it was in the January when the Burnley talk materialised he was offered it (same time as Kenny rejoining Liverpool).

I wouldn''t be suprised if this was very true, there were two games where Lambert looked out of sorts last season, one obviously being Sunderland away with O''Neill and the other ....... Liverpool at home. He worked under both men at Celtic and obviously there is a respect thing there but theres no smoke without fire.

Anyway wobble or not I think he has jumped ship too early but that not our problem now, lets get behind Super Chrissy Hughton and the boys next season!!!!! (and hopefully finish higher than Villa again

That would sort of tie in with the ex footballers talk of Lambert telling the club he was off in the summer pre Liverpool home match!

To be honest I realy don''t care anymore though, he has gone and we have a new manager with bags of potential to move us clear of the bottom 3 next season.

So, basically, the rumour suggests that the wobble was about Lambert NOT wanting to become assistant at Liverpool? Doesn''t sound like much of a wobble.

Surely Burnley interest was in Jan/Feb 2010 when NCFC in the Championship has nothing to do with this thread.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]I know there have been a million threads re PL, so I apologise for starting another. Also, this, unfortunately IS one of those things where somebody knows someone who knows someone etc., so take it as you will. It may even be complete BS, but I have no reason to believe/disbelieve it. A customer of mine - who is a staunch Man Ure fan may have shed a little light on this. According to him, (partner works for someone at the club) last summer, PL was offered an assistant manager type of role at Liverpool, under Kenny, with the intention of grooming him for the job in the future. He supposedly didn''t take it, as there was no guarantee that he''d get the job should King Kenny be sacked. Basically, if Kenny got the boot, it was equally possible that PL would also be booted out, to allow the replacement to bring in his own team. And PL wasn''t too happy about stepping down to assistant manager. As I said, could be utter BS, but this guy has no reason to make this up. I found this interesting following on from Bowketts comments the other day. Doesn''t sound totally implausible to me. I''ve read enough on here to know that people will shoot down whatever is said here, so please, form an opinion! I doubt it would be any different had I said that I knew for sure what had happened! *tin hat on*...[/quote]

Yes indeed there have been a million threads re PL and i now make this three on the now famous "wobble" alone.[:@] Now of course a Man Ure fan would never dream of making any mischief about Liverpool now would he ? [:|]