Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Peter Crouch Love him or hate him?

We have had a long debate ongoing on this board whether we should have spent £2m on the lanky one, who is now pulling up trees for the Saints.

Would he have done the same for the Canaries, it does seem improbable given there is no service to our forwards from the right, and last year in a poorer quality division Crouchy only managed 4 goals in 12/13 games.  Also hucks service from the left cannot be relied upon.

No mate you made the correct choice, if Worthy had signed you unlikely he would have played you given how the other close season signings have fared.

We must hope Worthy learns from his mistakes i.e. tactics, constantly playing his underperformin favourites, substitutions, selecting other options etc. etc.  But who amongst us can be certain he will change ?

If we waited 9 years for Prem football and were served up with the poor fare we have witnessed this season do we really want to go up, who will be happy in stuffing the Binners twice each year ? 

I think the main thing was that earlier in the season we needed someone, anyone, who could score goals. Ashton''s purchase was just too late

I certainly hate the amount of threads on here about him! I like him as bloke.  Thought he did a good job for us and I''ll give him a cheer when I go to Southampton on the penultimate weekend.  However, I stand by my opinion that Peter Crouch would NOT have kept us up.  If you look at nearly every one of his goals, they have come from chances Southampton have created.  Yes, ok he''s on the end of them.  But how many chances do our midfield create for Leon and Deano?  Very few.  Crouch doesn''t create goals on his own, he finishes them off.  As we haven''t got the kind of squad that makes X chances a game, he wouldn''t have scored as many goals here as he has at Southampton.  I''m perfectly happy with Deano thanks!

DD,

I don''t agree with you there mate!!

Recently, we have not been as many chances as I would like, however, throughout the course of the season we have created many chances.

Over half of the crticisms aimed at Leon has been about his inability to finish off the chances that we have created, Huckerby has also missed his share of chances.

I would suggest that if chances are few and far between then surerly we need someone on the end who knows where the goal is. Crouches 14 goals this season indicates that however good or bad his performances were in div 1, he certianly is able to put them away in the prem.

I also beleive that his hold up play and extra tactical options that he provided to the team were irreplaceable!!

Crouch is also sublime at pulling the ball out of the air, keeping it at his feet and releasing it to other players in the pitch!!

To summarise, it is not just his goals that he adds to the team, it is his all round play and extra tactical options that he gives to the team!!

LOVE HIM!!

Nice chap.

Good to see him doing well.

As Jim of ''Harry & Jim'' said - he just needed a little loving.

That why he did well for us. We took him in and made him feel welcome and appreciated.

OTBC

Love him: for the player and person he is

Hat him: for doing well for another team