Sign in to follow this  
yoda

With Harry leaving tottenham tonight if the rumours are true

Harry still wants another manager''s job:

"I love football. I would suit any job. I don''t think I am coming to the end of my career.

"Alex Ferguson is in his seventies and is still the best manager in the world. I am as fit as a fiddle."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18441894Cue the eight ''Should we have taken Rednapp instead of Hughton'' threads...

[quote user="JF"]Don''t think he would have got the Spurs job but am pretty sure he would have got the Everton job if Moyes goes to Spurs. Better group of players than Villa with a Lambert type attitude installed into them by Moyes. Jumped to soon Paul.[/quote]

Looks like Bowkett was correct in saying that Lambert was too impatient !!!!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Harry still wants another manager''s job:

"I love football. I would suit any job. I don''t think I am coming to the end of my career.

"Alex Ferguson is in his seventies and is still the best manager in the world. I am as fit as a fiddle."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18441894

Cue the eight ''Should we have taken Rednapp instead of Hughton'' threads...
[/quote]

Redknapp cannot work without shedloads of cash so he would have been absolutely no good for us.

Apparently, on top of everything else that has happened, he was quite strongly putting himself forward for the Monaco* job (which ended up going to Ranieri). The chairman may well have been aware of this and taking everything else into consideration, not least Harry''s recent comments to the media about his contract, decided that enough was enough.

*Not a tax related joke.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Harry still wants another manager''s job:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18441894Cue the eight ''Should we have taken Rednapp instead of Hughton'' threads...[/quote]

Redknapp cannot work without shedloads of cash so he would have been absolutely no good for us.

[/quote]one FA cup in 30 years of management means he cant work WITH shed loads of cash either!*Waits for the poster to start the "Bale to Norwich.. hughtons contacts!"* post

All a trifle unfair in that Harry can''t read or write so he won''t be able to come on here and defend himself....

Very glad we got our business done quickly because It''s very likely CH would have been a target for Everton (if they were to lose Moyes)

Nice to see Spurs fans have a sense of humour about it. This gem was posted on their forum....

"The club have agreed compensation of £3m to Redknapp, with after tax equates to approximately £3m"

Ooops! should have read

"The club have agreed compensation of £3m to Redknapp, which after tax equates to approximately £3m"

(I wish you could edit your posts)

[quote user="Sooty57"] "The club have agreed compensation of £3m to Redknapp, which after tax equates to approximately £3m"[/quote]

The irony of this post may just come home to roost when the dust settles and we find it was put in Rosies offshore account. [:P]

I know that there have been tongue in cheek comments about managers jumping ship before ever sending a team out and wondered whether this has ever happened. One name has sprung to mind, that of Sven Goran Erikkson. I believe that he was due to take over at Blackburn Rovers in 1997 but had a change of heart and jacked it in before he ever started. The job went to Roy Hodgson instead.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Sooty57"] "The club have agreed compensation of £3m to Redknapp, which after tax equates to approximately £3m"[/quote]

The irony of this post may just come home to roost when the dust settles and we find it was put in Rosies offshore account. [:P]

[/quote]

That dog is a criminal mastermind, the tax man will never bring her to justice.

[quote user="."]All a trifle unfair in that Harry can''t read or write so he won''t be able to come on here and defend himself....[/quote]

but he allegedly still has an account on here in the name of his dog that he was not aware of...