Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Euro 2012 wishlist

Heres a thread for players you watch during Euro 2012 that you didn''t think/ know much of before but now think Norwich should and could realistically get.

I''ll begin:

Salapangidis.

Ninis.

Kostas Fortounis. Realistic target, plays in the 2. Bindesliga with FC Kaiserslautern. Would jump at the chance to play Premier League football. Only 19 so has a great future ahead of him at the right club.

I like the look of Michael Krohn-Dehli of Denmark, playing for Brondby so tentative, not had the best of luck plucking players from Scandinavia direct, other than Steeno

Petr Jiráček of Czech Republic is also a good player but has 4 years left at Wolfsburg

Ola Toivonen from Sweden is an absolute beast up front

Jacub Blaszczykowski (Kuba) is a monster out on the right flank

I don''t think any are really in our reach apart from Krohn-Dehli but we can dream

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Heres a thread for players you watch during Euro 2012 that you didn''t think/ know much of before but now think Norwich should and could realistically get. I''ll begin: Salapangidis. Ninis.[/quote]

The chap Chelsea have looked at. Out our league IMO.

Most of the names mentioned are unrealistic, I was impressed by Vaclav Pilar but he has only just signed joined Wolfsburg.

Scandinavians are always solid signings, Denmark will struggle in that group but could be a player or 2 in their side .

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Most of the names mentioned are unrealistic, I was impressed by Vaclav Pilar but he has only just signed joined Wolfsburg.

Scandinavians are always solid signings, Denmark will struggle in that group but could be a player or 2 in their side .[/quote]

Scandinavians are always class. Helveg and Jonson never let us down when we were last in the Premier.

I think them greeks would mostly fit into our team as solid signings, look up to the pace if not the most talented. They seem like a real good sort of unit that are 2 or 3 ''flair'' players away from being really class.

[quote user="Hughtons Green Army"]Lewandowski

Messi[/quote]which country will he be playing for in the euros?the lad who scored twice for Russia last night looked good.Much better than Kherzakov who i don''t think has ever scored a goal in his life after that showing!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hughtons Green Army"]Lewandowski

[/quote]which country will he be playing for in the euros?the lad who scored twice for Russia last night looked good.Much better than Kherzakov who i don''t think has ever scored a goal in his life after that showing![/quote]he plays for Poland and Dortmund, scored a hatrick vs Munich in the German cup final. Also scored the opener of the tournament yesterday, and is very strongly liked with United.

[quote user="Hughtons Green Army"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hughtons Green Army"]Lewandowski

[/quote]which country will he be playing for in the euros?the lad who scored twice for Russia last night looked good.Much better than Kherzakov who i don''t think has ever scored a goal in his life after that showing![/quote]he plays for Poland and Dortmund, scored a hatrick vs Munich in the German cup final. Also scored the opener of the tournament yesterday, and is very strongly liked with United.[/quote]i meant messi!

I actually think Helveg was a class act when here, you could see it, he also was the player that drove forward in the 2-1 win over newcastle at home and delivered a pin point cross for Ashton, while the rest looked happy with a draw. A great leader. Jonson was played out of position... we have had cracking scandinavian footballers at this club and to say why don''t we stick british is rubbish.Yes pick up some British players but the European market does have excellent players, their tempremant, their understanding of the game and most importnatly their cost is not that inflated.Anyway there will be a few players to look at, but of course these will be out of our league at the moment. Some of the squad players are worth looking at. Intersting to see Greece''s 20 year old centre half, saying he was the youngest ever to play in the greek league, Olympiakos started him when aged 15 years of age.We should look for the best player available british or otherwise, but I pretty certain that Man City, Chelsea etc compliment their british stars with amazing foreigh stars. Eventually you have to mix it through the team.

Gebre Selassie looked very good (albeit in a piss-poor Czech team) and would be a fantastic option at right-back if we can''t get Naughton. He''s supposedly got his eye on a move to the Premiership as well and would I imagine be a realistic target.

Nice to see my Danish pick of Krohn-Delhi bagging a cheeky effort in the match v Holland

Also, unsure why people are getting so precious about outlandish players being mentioned, this is a "wishlist" not a "shortlist", putting the title of wish list will always get some people out of our reach mentioned

The reality is, most people will pick players who are good on FM12 or FIFA12 because hardly anyone of us are experts on the Danish or Greek leagues

If you don''t know the Bundesliga, you may not know Lewandowski and his supposed impending move to Man U mentioning him on here gives people on here a heads up to check them out in the tournament. Hardly anyone outside Germany had heard of Ozil before World Cup 2010

Outside of Euro 2012, if we are looking at international standard players one country we should be looking at is Belgium, have a vibrant young team and some still playing in Belgium where a move to the Prem could well be on

[quote user="Herman "]Torres? Anyone?[/quote]

No,

and again, No.