Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Let's spend big this summer.

I would like to see the club spend between 20-30m on players this summer. Its about time that other clubs looked at us and see we mean business instead of little Norwich that just gets lower league players.The only concern is that we have to keep the overall wages down so that the club can keep its head above water each year, will discard bigger earners.Saying that I would prefer to have players playing for the club and not just their wallet.

I''ed like to get off with Jesica Ennis, but just like your wish, it ain''t going to happen.

[img]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01205/ennis-main_1205394a.jpg[/img]

That is alot of money, I agree we need quality in key positions, the spine of the team, right full back and a winger would be ideal, 5 new faces in our starting line up are needed. Of course we will need to spend in January.But it is the calibre of the players that are needed, I still would look at Stuart Holden from Bolton, see where he is after his injury and after Bolton''s relegation how much they would let him leave for.If Holt leaves, which is looking unlikely as no-one but West Ham are interested, then we need two strikers and I would rather two from Europe to compliment Morison and Vaughan than spending the highly inflated prices for british strikers from the champ.We do have clout, but not as much clout as many feel in the transfer market... I still think a cheeky look at Nugent may be good, cocky, ability and may want that chance of Premiership football, but is he any better than Morison, maybe they are on the same level.I must say I do want us to move quickly and I believe we will as a settled team in after pre-season is need. We need to be at the races for the first 2-3 games we cannot be finding our feet. This league requires you to be storming out of the blocks straight away.Of course the fixture list announcement is going to be critical as we need another potentially great start.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Dibs - a couple of questions for you.

How much money has NCFC got?

Have you ever run a business?

[/quote]Looking at what was spent last year + 10m extra this year from TV rights I have never run a business but feel that its the wages that kill the club not the transfer fees.

[quote user="Wiz"]

I''ed like to get off with Jesica Ennis, but just like your wish, it ain''t going to happen.

[img]http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01205/ennis-main_1205394a.jpg[/img]

[/quote]Really? [+o(]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]You will if record the Track and Field events ........everything is possible.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Really? [+o(][/quote]

I know, yuk - flat chested and muscular certainly aren''t things I look for in a woman - I like ''em to be feminine & naturally pretty with ample bosom, but firm with sizable nips and obviously a nice, tight fanjita is always a bonus [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]Oh and of course they need to be subservient. 

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Behave yourself Wiz she could be your grand daughter for heavens sake. [:$]

[quote user="Shyster"]- I like ''em to be feminine & naturally pretty with ample bosom, but firm with sizable nips and obviously a nice, tight fanjita is always a bonus [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

Oh and of course they need to be subservient. 
[/quote]

.........I feel a visit from the Mod''s delete button coming on.............

Dibs

Last year we spent perhaps £15 m on transfers and loan signings, but we spent it out of last year''s money, and most of it in dvance of receiving Sky money. We also reduced the debt , which had been over £20m, by the same means, but I doubt if it has fully gone. We would also like to spend big on extra capacity, which means  getting rid of remaining debt.

We did not receive much, if any, from player sales, although if Holt goes there coud be more this year. It looks as if we may be out of pocket in the exchange of Hughton for Lambert plus, unless we can twist Villa''s arm. In addition a number of players had enhanced contracts to bring them more into line with Premiership wage levels. If we increase our playing staff with a few high-wage players, this will be another claim on our resources.

I have no idea what the transfer bill will be, or if we may need to have loan signings again. I think, however, that you are "crying for the moon" if you are hoping for anything much over £15m. Our Board are rightly cautious. They want survival, of course, that they want long-term survival. If we go for broke and fail, this could spoil our chances for some years to come. There are plenty of teams with billionaire backing, and if we went down and had to sell players to cover the drop in income we might find it very difficult to gain promotion again, as shown by clubs like Hull, Leicester, Leeds, Forest, Burnley, Sheffield, etc.

For the moment perhaps we can finance one or two signings of £5m or so, and two or three others. That could be about it.

[quote user="Dibs"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

Dibs - a couple of questions for you.

How much money has NCFC got?

Have you ever run a business?

[/quote]

Looking at what was spent last year + 10m extra this year from TV rights

I have never run a business but feel that its the wages that kill the club not the transfer fees.

[/quote]

does this ridiculous figure that you have come up with include wages or not ? If it doesn''t are you the Finance Minister for Greece or Spain by any chance ?

92 english clubs have gone into insolvency in the last 20 years and it  will take a generation to recover from the current European debt crisis and yet still some people argue for football clubs to spend more money than they can afford. I would like to see the end of this stupidity, greed and ignorance but I suspect that I will also be disappointed.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this better Officer?

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_298gUlJfDpY/SwDrRPkkuPI/AAAAAAAAADs/6U-1QvmmWbU/s1600/old_lady.jpg[/img]

I dont care what we spend as long as its quality. ie: £20m on 3 past it old bangers is not my idea of a good spending spree ! Would rather £5m spent on young quality.Ennis is not my first choice but a paper bag and a few beers and I certainly would. And I think we can all agree that shes hotter than ol Steve Ogrizovic love child Rebecca Addlington.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww  She should be a runner with a conk like that, could prolly win after running 10 metres !

This thread is heading for big trouble me thinks but let''s just hope Peter The Deleter has the weekend off and by the way Wiz surely that is George Burns in drag ?[:P]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this better Officer?

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_298gUlJfDpY/SwDrRPkkuPI/AAAAAAAAADs/6U-1QvmmWbU/s1600/old_lady.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

''Fraid you''ll have to get behind Rooney in the queue for her Wiz....

I can only assume that Dibs is taking the p*ss.  The sort of figures he''s "quoting" are pie in the sky stuff. I''d say that even 15m looks a little on the top side, tbh.

One figure I was quite shocked about was that during one of the Poland games, the commentator said that one of the Polish players had just moved from some other Polish club to (I think) Legia Warsaw for 4m€, which is a record for a transfer within Poland. I can assume that wages there are a fraction of here, so it just goes to  show how inflated things are here and how little you get for your cash. But, whether we like it or not , our budget at Norwich is far more likely to be comparable to that of Legia Warsaw, Lech Poznan et al ,than Man U, Liverpool or even Villa.

Arsenal have been linked with the Russian striker, Alan Dzagoez or w.e his name is. £13m. Thought that was quite fair considering hes scoring for fun at the Euros.

Being serious, and with respect to the OP, 20-30 million is a Never Never land figure......if Hoots gets 7 mil he''ll be doing well imo.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

I know, yuk - flat chested and muscular certainly aren''t things I look for in a woman - I like ''em to be feminine & naturally pretty with ample bosom, but firm with sizable nips and obviously a nice, tight fanjita is always a bonus [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]Oh and of course they need to be subservient.  [/quote]Bingo Shyster! I prefer my women to look more like.... You know... Women.....

If we keep Holt the only place we really need strengthening is right back. Beyond that its really just extra depth we need. We have a young team that now has a year of Premiership experience under its belt. Even if Holt left and we don''t sign anyone our team is good enough to stay up (not that I''m advocating doing that).

The teams coming up may have money, but from what I saw none of them were as good as us, Swansea or QPR when we came up. The Premiership isn''t going to be as strong next year as some people seem to believe

[quote user="Mahogany"]If we keep Holt the only place we really need strengthening is right back. Beyond that its really just extra depth we need. We have a young team that now has a year of Premiership experience under its belt. Even if Holt left and we don''t sign anyone our team is good enough to stay up (not that I''m advocating doing that). The teams coming up may have money, but from what I saw none of them were as good as us, Swansea or QPR when we came up. The Premiership isn''t going to be as strong next year as some people seem to believe[/quote]

Disagree completely, Mahogany. This squad needs strengthening in most areas, and is not good enough to kick on in the Prem in the way that most of us would wish.

It''s fair to say that we cannot afford to splash the cash in the gung-ho manner advocated by Dibs, but equally we cannot afford to take your advice either. It would be far too risky. Luckily, I think we have a behind the scenes setup at CR that is savvy enough to gauge the correct level we can spend, and I''m confident that, in Hughton we have someone with enough irons in the fire to get the best possible value for our money.

As I said, I''m not advocating spending nothing, just that spending loads isn''t as necessary as some seem to believe. I was thinking about a line-up for the start of the season and came up with this:

.......................Ruddy.....................

(..?..)......Martin....Bennett....Tierney

..............Fox...........Howson............

Bennett.......Hoolahan..........Pilkington

.........................Holt.......................

For me this is a team that could compete with everyone outside of the top 6 (provided we get a good right back in, Danny Simpson would be ideal).

There''s no one there that I think needs replacing. There might be a question mark over Tierney considering how much of the season he missed, but at the start he was one of our best players. If Holt goes then we are going to need to spend the best part of £10m to replace him but who knows what is going to happen with him.

That line-up still leave some quality players outside the starting 11. I''d be happy for Ayala, Surman, Johnson, Vaughan and Morison to come into that team.

I know that 20-30m may be la-la land for some of you but we spent 14-17m last season, that''s adding extra 3m to this season  (20m).We have got to be serious now about staying in the Premiership.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I dont care what we spend as long as its quality. ie: £20m on 3 past it old bangers is not my idea of a good spending spree ! Would rather £5m spent on young quality.

Ennis is not my first choice but a paper bag and a few beers and I certainly would. And I think we can all agree that shes hotter than ol Steve Ogrizovic love child Rebecca Addlington.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww  She should be a runner with a conk like that, could prolly win after running 10 metres !

[/quote]

If you put your finger over her nose on the screen, she actually looks quite fit!  Go on - try it!

[quote user="Dibs"]I know that 20-30m may be la-la land for some of you [/quote]

In the current economic climate we have to be realistic and many of us have no wish to be in your la-la land as you put it but chasing football dreams has to be based on sound financial footings and the romance of it all has to be put on the back burner unfortunately.Just look what has happened to Glasgow Rangers for starters or the old favourite Portsmouth who lurch from one crisis to another season after season.The late Nigel Doughty ploughed £75 million into Nottingham Forest and may i ask where exactly that has got them ?

Sorry but la-la land is not for me.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this better Officer?

[/quote]

''Fraid you''ll have to get behind Rooney in the queue for her Wiz....

I can only assume that Dibs is taking the p*ss.  The sort of figures he''s "quoting" are pie in the sky stuff. I''d say that even 15m looks a little on the top side, tbh.

One figure I was quite shocked about was that during one of the Poland games, the commentator said that one of the Polish players had just moved from some other Polish club to (I think) Legia Warsaw for 4m€, which is a record for a transfer within Poland. I can assume that wages there are a fraction of here, so it just goes to  show how inflated things are here and how little you get for your cash. But, whether we like it or not , our budget at Norwich is far more likely to be comparable to that of Legia Warsaw, Lech Poznan et al ,than Man U, Liverpool or even Villa.

[/quote]

Is that Jimmy Savile''s mother?

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

I know, yuk - flat chested and muscular certainly aren''t things I look for in a woman - I like ''em to be feminine & naturally pretty with ample bosom, but firm with sizable nips and obviously a nice, tight fanjita is always a bonus [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]Oh and of course they need to be subservient.  [/quote]Bingo Shyster! I prefer my women to look more like.... You know... Women.....[/quote]always funny reading posts from people on a mb about whether they would or wouldn''t get off with incredibly fit atheletes and celebrities. Of course depending if they had a paper bag over their head, or after a few beers. I expect Jessica would be gutted to know she''s not top of the list to be pawed by some spotty teenager drooling after his first pint of lager or some fat bloke who''s previous sexual highlight was snogging someone with a full set of teeth. I''m with you Wiz.

[quote user="SPat"]always funny reading posts from people on a mb about whether they would or wouldn''t get off with incredibly fit atheletes and celebrities. Of course depending if they had a paper bag over their head, or after a few beers. I expect Jessica would be gutted to know she''s not top of the list to be pawed by some spotty teenager drooling after his first pint of lager or some fat bloke who''s previous sexual highlight was snogging someone with a full set of teeth. I''m with you Wiz. [/quote]And heres you assuming that everyone on this message board is either a) not minted stupid rich or b ) looks like you and your brother in your avatar.....

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="SPat"]

always funny reading posts from people on a mb about whether they would or wouldn''t get off with incredibly fit atheletes and celebrities. Of course depending if they had a paper bag over their head, or after a few beers. I expect Jessica would be gutted to know she''s not top of the list to be pawed by some spotty teenager drooling after his first pint of lager or some fat bloke who''s previous sexual highlight was snogging someone with a full set of teeth. I''m with you Wiz.
[/quote]

And heres you assuming that everyone on this message board is either a) not minted stupid rich or b ) looks like you and your brother in your avatar.....
[/quote]

Or of course c) does not own a Pussywagon. [;)]