Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Scrap goal music at Carrow Road

Stupid petition, if you don''t like the goal music then just ignore it, you don''t have to cheer along to it, I personally quite like it but can''t see how it makes a difference to the atmosphere either way.

[quote user="ellis206"]Stupid petition, if you don''t like the goal music then just ignore it, you don''t have to cheer along to it, I personally quite like it but can''t see how it makes a difference to the atmosphere either way.
[/quote]

It is not stupid at all.    There alot of people who find it irritating.  As has been said - when celebrating goals away from home is better than at home there is something wrong.     It''s like your drinking a pint all in one go and finding bits in the bottom of the glass - it spoils the enjoyment of the whole pint.

[quote user="ellis206"]Stupid petition, if you don''t like the goal music then just ignore it, you don''t have to cheer along to it, I personally quite like it but can''t see how it makes a difference to the atmosphere either way. [/quote]

How exactly can you ignore it when it completely drowns out any noise you are trying to make? If you like it though fair play thats your opinion. Personally I just think its sounds a bit plastic and tinpot.  

Get rid of  the rhizopodic ear bashing noise that comes from the loud speakers after goals.   There is nothing better than the sound of genuine outburst of emotion after a goal is scored.     The  nyctalopic muzak just takes away from the natural celebration. Who needs it??Petition signed.

When we scored last sseaon,we went so crazy in the Lower Barclay I forgot we had it!But when I hear it on MOTD, playbacks, and for example when I was in the Jarrold, I cringe. [:|]Signed.

[:$]I cannot believe there are as many people there are, that are in favour of the goal music! Surely only at Norwich would this be the case it saddens me to say...If it is so fantastic in helping to ''create atmosphere'', why don''t more clubs have it? (for example at the Emirates?).As I mentioned in a previous post there is now only us Swansea and Wigan in the Prem, that persevere with it. And the 3-2-1 thing before kick-off is even worse!I really despair at some sections of our support, bunch of fuggen saps!   

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][:$]I cannot believe there are as many people there are, that are in favour of the goal music! Surely only at Norwich would this be the case it saddens me to say...If it is so fantastic in helping to ''create atmosphere'', why don''t more clubs have it? (for example at the Emirates?).As I mentioned in a previous post there is now only us Swansea and Wigan in the Prem, that persevere with it. And the 3-2-1 thing before kick-off is even worse!I really despair at some sections of our support, bunch of fuggen saps!   [/quote]Bit of a narrow minded comment there, I am sure there are plenty of other fans at other clubs who would like goal music, not just a few Norwich fans??? To be honest, where I sit (lower barclay block E) I can''t hardly hear it half of the time, so I don''t know if we just make more noise when we score or possibly the sound system isn''t as good but I just don''t think it makes a difference either way, the atmosphere certainly won''t be improved by removing it that''s for sure. Also we should definitely not remove the 3-2-1 bit before kick off, it helps gets the atmosphere going and really stops the away fans from making some noise.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][:$]I cannot believe there are as many people there are, that are in favour of the goal music! Surely only at Norwich would this be the case it saddens me to say...If it is so fantastic in helping to ''create atmosphere'', why don''t more clubs have it? (for example at the Emirates?).As I mentioned in a previous post there is now only us Swansea and Wigan in the Prem, that persevere with it. And the 3-2-1 thing before kick-off is even worse!I really despair at some sections of our support, bunch of fuggen saps!   [/quote]Bit of a narrow minded comment there, I am sure there are plenty of other fans at other clubs who would like goal music, not just a few Norwich fans??? To be honest, where I sit (lower barclay block E) I can''t hardly hear it half of the time, so I don''t know if we just make more noise when we score or possibly the sound system isn''t as good but I just don''t think it makes a difference either way, the atmosphere certainly won''t be improved by removing it that''s for sure. Also we should definitely not remove the 3-2-1 bit before kick off, it helps gets the atmosphere going and really stops the away fans from making some noise. [/quote][:@]Totally disagree about this ''create atmosphere'' argument. If  anything this imposed ''creation of atmosphere'' does the opposite, because it stifles any spontaneity!You didn''t answer my question as to why so few clubs have it I notice, and I wonder if there is a clamour from fans at other grounds to have it introduced? Of course there is''nt because it''s TINPOT!There was a very good article written in a recent edition of When Saturday Comes about a similar subject i.e that of music being blasted out at the end of games at Wembley (and similar occasions). It basically takes away the ''right'' of a clubs supporters to be able to sing songs of their own choosing after whatever triumph, instead they are drowned out by some dick-head PA anounncer, who decides that it must be Queen or Tina ***tting Turner that must be heard!The same thing happens at England games with that fuggen band, (who were a bit of a novelty when they first appeared about 1998 but now are just a pain in the ears!)Carrow Road has always been able to create a great atmosphere previous to that cock with the microphone yelping at people to do as they are told. Enough is enough!!!

there must be a link between liking goal to being a certified happy clappy. When Millwall scored against us the roar was immense, if any one was there there would be no way in hell that they could of said that shitty music over the top would of made it better. Honestly ellis do you travel to away games? Have you heard us score a goal at home without goal music over the top?

For those on Twitter David McNally has just asked for feedback on likes / dislikes / alternatives to the goal music.

Some have suggested that such matters shouldn''t be decided on social media but it''s happening as we speak.

If McNally twittering and asking about alternatives to goal music - is it stating the b****g  obvious to say that the alternative is.....................nothing?    Zilch? 

Let people celebrate on their own.   We don''t have to be choreographed.   People always think that they have to do something.   It''s not necessary.  Just allow people to do their own thing.   We know how to cheer, applaud, shout, jump up and down.   Give the people back their freedom to respond in a way that is natural to them.  

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][:$]I cannot believe there are as many people there are, that are in favour of the goal music! Surely only at Norwich would this be the case it saddens me to say...If it is so fantastic in helping to ''create atmosphere'', why don''t more clubs have it? (for example at the Emirates?).As I mentioned in a previous post there is now only us Swansea and Wigan in the Prem, that persevere with it. And the 3-2-1 thing before kick-off is even worse!I really despair at some sections of our support, bunch of fuggen saps!   [/quote]Bit of a narrow minded comment there, I am sure there are plenty of other fans at other clubs who would like goal music, not just a few Norwich fans??? To be honest, where I sit (lower barclay block E) I can''t hardly hear it half of the time, so I don''t know if we just make more noise when we score or possibly the sound system isn''t as good but I just don''t think it makes a difference either way, the atmosphere certainly won''t be improved by removing it that''s for sure. Also we should definitely not remove the 3-2-1 bit before kick off, it helps gets the atmosphere going and really stops the away fans from making some noise.

[/quote][:@]Totally disagree about this ''create atmosphere'' argument. If  anything this imposed ''creation of atmosphere'' does the opposite, because it stifles any spontaneity!You didn''t answer my question as to why so few clubs have it I notice, and I wonder if there is a clamour from fans at other grounds to have it introduced? Of course there is''nt because it''s TINPOT!There was a very good article written in a recent edition of When Saturday Comes about a similar subject i.e that of music being blasted out at the end of games at Wembley (and similar occasions). It basically takes away the ''right'' of a clubs supporters to be able to sing songs of their own choosing after whatever triumph, instead they are drowned out by some dick-head PA anounncer, who decides that it must be Queen or Tina ***tting Turner that must be heard!The same thing happens at England games with that fuggen band, (who were a bit of a novelty when they first appeared about 1998 but now are just a pain in the ears!)Carrow Road has always been able to create a great atmosphere previous to that cock with the microphone yelping at people to do as they are told. Enough is enough!!![/quote]That would be a good argument if other teams created a good atmosphere, but they don''t. Norwich and Swansea create 2 of the best atmospheres in the premiership, saying we are tinpot because we play music is stupid, have you ever been to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc? the atmosphere at those grounds is non existent, Arsenal and Chelsea being especially embarrassing. Also did playing out "you''ll never walk alone" after the Drury match not help create an amazing atmosphere? Pretty sure it did. And if we don''t have the guy on the mic before kick off doing the 3-2-1 thing, then you have no chance of getting the Jarrold and N&P to do it, absolutely no chance. I am not fussed either way with the music but if you want us to be spontaneous then you will lose a lot of atmosphere   

Us folks in the Jarrold know how to sheer a goal thank you however the music gets our joints moving again after a long period sat down. I am all in favour of this since with only the Barclay knowing how to create any "h''Atmosphere" Carrow Road would be like a trip to the Emirates and full of people who could not walk out at the end of the game.

I''m amazed that some of the anti music lobby could be so thoughtless and selfish. Fuggers the lot of em.

B ugger thats * Cheer not sheer. See, no music since May and I have lost the feeling in my typing fingers!!

B ugger....

Not Rob Butler''s biggest fan but he has nailed it for me.

"Didn’t realise #ncfc were looking for fan feedback. Goal music is the number one hallmark of Tinpottery. I really hope they get rid…"

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][:$]I cannot believe there are as many people there are, that are in favour of the goal music! Surely only at Norwich would this be the case it saddens me to say...If it is so fantastic in helping to ''create atmosphere'', why don''t more clubs have it? (for example at the Emirates?).As I mentioned in a previous post there is now only us Swansea and Wigan in the Prem, that persevere with it. And the 3-2-1 thing before kick-off is even worse!I really despair at some sections of our support, bunch of fuggen saps!   [/quote]Bit of a narrow minded comment there, I am sure there are plenty of other fans at other clubs who would like goal music, not just a few Norwich fans??? To be honest, where I sit (lower barclay block E) I can''t hardly hear it half of the time, so I don''t know if we just make more noise when we score or possibly the sound system isn''t as good but I just don''t think it makes a difference either way, the atmosphere certainly won''t be improved by removing it that''s for sure. Also we should definitely not remove the 3-2-1 bit before kick off, it helps gets the atmosphere going and really stops the away fans from making some noise. [/quote][:@]Totally disagree about this ''create atmosphere'' argument. If  anything this imposed ''creation of atmosphere'' does the opposite, because it stifles any spontaneity!You didn''t answer my question as to why so few clubs have it I notice, and I wonder if there is a clamour from fans at other grounds to have it introduced? Of course there is''nt because it''s TINPOT!There was a very good article written in a recent edition of When Saturday Comes about a similar subject i.e that of music being blasted out at the end of games at Wembley (and similar occasions). It basically takes away the ''right'' of a clubs supporters to be able to sing songs of their own choosing after whatever triumph, instead they are drowned out by some dick-head PA anounncer, who decides that it must be Queen or Tina ***tting Turner that must be heard!The same thing happens at England games with that fuggen band, (who were a bit of a novelty when they first appeared about 1998 but now are just a pain in the ears!)Carrow Road has always been able to create a great atmosphere previous to that cock with the microphone yelping at people to do as they are told. Enough is enough!!![/quote]

Christ, some real energy going into this crusade against goal music. I can just picture the battle going on in your head when we score at home. The battle between ''Yessssss! Get In, we scored!'' and ''Grrrrr, this goal music is so irritating and it makes us look bad (errr no worse..tinpot apparently!)''.  Wow!...........really?

I can tell you, I just go with the former. You care about this far too much. Time for a holiday?Wink [;)]

[quote user="Ruddygore"]B ugger thats * Cheer not sheer. See, no music since May and I have lost the feeling in my typing fingers!!

B ugger....[/quote]

How many typing fingers have you got?  I`m restricted to 2 maybe three, I have many more after a few beers but they just seem to go where they choose. NFN should of course, if harnessed correctly, result in a County full of exceptional typists[:D]

[quote user="Smokebomb"][quote user="Ruddygore"]B ugger thats * Cheer not sheer. See, no music since May and I have lost the feeling in my typing fingers!!

B ugger....[/quote]

How many typing fingers have you got?  I`m restricted to 2 maybe three, I have many more after a few beers but they just seem to go where they choose. NFN should of course, if harnessed correctly, result in a County full of exceptional typists[:D] [/quote]Ah! A trick question where you probably hoped I would say 12!! Not so fast Smokebomb........!I seem to have three, sometimes four on my right hand but only two on my left hand. Oddly enough though the introduction of alcohol results in me believing that I can type faster but not....more accurately.I''m getting old now and some of that music is good for my joints, lets all try it. What music should we type to?

[quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="Smokebomb"][quote user="Ruddygore"]B ugger thats * Cheer not sheer. See, no music since May and I have lost the feeling in my typing fingers!!

B ugger....[/quote]

How many typing fingers have you got?  I`m restricted to 2 maybe three, I have many more after a few beers but they just seem to go where they choose. NFN should of course, if harnessed correctly, result in a County full of exceptional typists[:D] [/quote]Ah! A trick question where you probably hoped I would say 12!! Not so fast Smokebomb........!I seem to have three, sometimes four on my right hand but only two on my left hand. Oddly enough though the introduction of alcohol results in me believing that I can type faster but not....more accurately.I''m getting old now and some of that music is good for my joints, lets all try it. What music should we type to?

[/quote]

Try this Ruddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0g-7K9qing   Will bring back a few memories for the old boys on here, we could really stir things up and suggest we also use it when we score at CR [;)] 

In the 21st century, everyone is crying out for attention.    Business''s, media, kids at school - everyone is trying to be heard.   It seems like everyone has to make more noise than the next person - just to be heard, or taken notice of.    It''s the syndrome of  ''he who shouts loudest''. 

For business''s it''s dog eat dog so to a certain extent the ''noise'' is understandable - they are trying to get your attention.    This "noise" or "chatter" is everywhere.      So why is it there after we score a goal?    What is the point of it?     Are they afraid we won''t celebrate it?   Do they not have confidence in us that we are going to cheer the goal?    Is it to artificially prolong the celebration (by about 3 seconds)?    Do they think we will like the music?    By very definition,. if you play a piece of music - not everyone is going to like it - so why annoy a percentage of the crowd when we score?   

You may like the music - fair enough.   But there is obviously a proportion of the paying public who don''t like it - and why should their enjoyment of a match be spoilt at the very time it should be at it''s height?    I just don''t get it.  I don''t understand the logic of it.  I don''t like it.   Why should I prefer celebrating a goal at away matches rather than at ''home''.  Home goals should and would be more enjoyable without the out of date idea of ''muzak'' to artificially attempt to generate more ''atomosphere''.    

It don''t work. [:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

In the 21st century, everyone is crying out for attention.    Business''s, media, kids at school - everyone is trying to be heard.   It seems like everyone has to make more noise than the next person - just to be heard, or taken notice of.    It''s the syndrome of  ''he who shouts loudest''. 

For business''s it''s dog eat dog so to a certain extent the ''noise'' is understandable - they are trying to get your attention.    This "noise" or "chatter" is everywhere.      So why is it there after we score a goal?    What is the point of it?     Are they afraid we won''t celebrate it?   Do they not have confidence in us that we are going to cheer the goal?    Is it to artificially prolong the celebration (by about 3 seconds)?    Do they think we will like the music?    By very definition,. if you play a piece of music - not everyone is going to like it - so why annoy a percentage of the crowd when we score?   

You may like the music - fair enough.   But there is obviously a proportion of the paying public who don''t like it - and why should their enjoyment of a match be spoilt at the very time it should be at it''s height?    I just don''t get it.  I don''t understand the logic of it.  I don''t like it.   Why should I prefer celebrating a goal at away matches rather than at ''home''.  Home goals should and would be more enjoyable without the out of date idea of ''muzak'' to artificially attempt to generate more ''atomosphere''.    

[/quote]LDC I fear we are at risk of you becoming obsessed with this campaign but I like to encourage you. You speak a lot of sense a lot of the time however the irony is that your argument also works for those who like the goal music too.Let''s face it, when we score we the fans are the quickest to react, we cheer and then a few seconds later the music comes on, the barclay end like to think that they drown out the music and set an example in how to cheer independently and they may be right, in the Barclay End but for some of us with old fogies around us, kiljoys and moaners we NEED that music to get them going. It crushes the opposition fans who are puny by comparison when, no, if they score and their celebrations are minute, tiny and feeble and they know it. They feel inadequate and their spirit is subdued and they wish that they could all sneak out.Have tolerance for your fellow man, the Jarrold and N&P nuclear family. Take strength from your knowledge that you are a true fan and that no music could possibly release any more endorphins than our team scoring already has. There''s a good fan, shhh, quiet, rest - your work is done, the race is won.

Absolutely spot on Lake. The other thing I feel the music does is to bring every goal celebration to the same level, which they are not. Our goal in the infamous 7 - 1 hardly got a murmer yet the noise after winning Jackson''s goal aginst Derby was absolutely fantastic.

Cheering is spontaneous and trying to artificially enhance it (as you say, what other purpose does it serve) belittles the genuine reaction.

[quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

LDC I fear we are at risk of you becoming obsessed with this campaign but I like to encourage you. You speak a lot of sense a lot of the time however the irony is that your argument also works for those who like the goal music too.

Let''s face it, when we score we the fans are the quickest to react, we cheer and then a few seconds later the music comes on, the barclay end like to think that they drown out the music and set an example in how to cheer independently and they may be right, in the Barclay End but for some of us with old fogies around us, kiljoys and moaners we NEED that music to get them going. It crushes the opposition fans who are puny by comparison when, no, if they score and their celebrations are minute, tiny and feeble and they know it. They feel inadequate and their spirit is subdued and they wish that they could all sneak out.

Have tolerance for your fellow man, the Jarrold and N&P nuclear family. Take strength from your knowledge that you are a true fan and that no music could possibly release any more endorphins than our team scoring already has. There''s a good fan, shhh, quiet, rest - your work is done, the race is won.

[/quote]

My main argument, Ruddy, is that not everyone likes the music and that as paying public, the club is annoying a proportion of their own fans at the very time when they should be enjoying it the most.

As for away fans, when they score it is a sound of pure elation - with no artificiallity about it.  Its true away goals are delicious if you are an away fan, but at Carrow Rd  I want to enjoy goals, turn to the next person and say what a goal or whatever and more often than not the people around me are doing some moronoic jigging about in time to moronic music.     [:(]

Maybe its alright in the barclay end, but to be fair that''s only 1/4 of the stadium........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]LDC I fear we are at risk of you becoming obsessed with this campaign but I like to encourage you. You speak a lot of sense a lot of the time however the irony is that your argument also works for those who like the goal music too.Let''s face it, when we score we the fans are the quickest to react, we cheer and then a few seconds later the music comes on, the barclay end like to think that they drown out the music and set an example in how to cheer independently and they may be right, in the Barclay End but for some of us with old fogies around us, kiljoys and moaners we NEED that music to get them going. It crushes the opposition fans who are puny by comparison when, no, if they score and their celebrations are minute, tiny and feeble and they know it. They feel inadequate and their spirit is subdued and they wish that they could all sneak out.Have tolerance for your fellow man, the Jarrold and N&P nuclear family. Take strength from your knowledge that you are a true fan and that no music could possibly release any more endorphins than our team scoring already has. There''s a good fan, shhh, quiet, rest - your work is done, the race is won.

[/quote]

My main argument, Ruddy, is that not everyone likes the music and that as paying public, the club is annoying a proportion of their own fans at the very time when they should be enjoying it the most.

As for away fans, when they score it is a sound of pure elation - with no artificiallity about it.  Its true away goals are delicious if you are an away fan, but at Carrow Rd  I want to enjoy goals, turn to the next person and say what a goal or whatever and more often than not the people around me are doing some moronoic jigging about in time to moronic music.     [:(]

Maybe its alright in the barclay end, but to be fair that''s only 1/4 of the stadium........

[/quote]I feel that I understand your argument LDC. In fact it could be my own in that if you take the music away it may upset some of the other paying public.Personally when we score and cheer and enjoy the jigging and the jiving and the shaking of the b um I have found a freedom to turn to the person next to me, embrace her (she is my wife and it is not abhorrent under the law) and shout that it was a great, brilliant, fantastic, easy, goal and I encourage you to do the same, no, not with my wife but with the person next to you. It is possible even when loud music is being played and whilst you are distracted with the jigging up and down, the jiving and the shaking of the b um b um and hopefully the other person will not be someone elses wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend of a significant other, or on the other hand you may just get away with an exhilarating "moment". Nothing is impossible.I am glad that you particularly enjoy your away celebrations, to me it proves that our fans have the spirit needed to combat the home crowd and their in your face attempts to subdue the mighty Yellas. Scum I say.Have tolerance, keep the faith, grind to the music.

I would like to see mexican wave style "huddle" go around the ground like against Celtic, I know it won''t happen but it would be excellent and get all the stands involved.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][:$]I cannot believe there are as many people there are, that are in favour of the goal music! Surely only at Norwich would this be the case it saddens me to say...If it is so fantastic in helping to ''create atmosphere'', why don''t more clubs have it? (for example at the Emirates?).As I mentioned in a previous post there is now only us Swansea and Wigan in the Prem, that persevere with it. And the 3-2-1 thing before kick-off is even worse!I really despair at some sections of our support, bunch of fuggen saps!   [/quote]Bit of a narrow minded comment there, I am sure there are plenty of other fans at other clubs who would like goal music, not just a few Norwich fans??? To be honest, where I sit (lower barclay block E) I can''t hardly hear it half of the time, so I don''t know if we just make more noise when we score or possibly the sound system isn''t as good but I just don''t think it makes a difference either way, the atmosphere certainly won''t be improved by removing it that''s for sure. Also we should definitely not remove the 3-2-1 bit before kick off, it helps gets the atmosphere going and really stops the away fans from making some noise. Yes pal, I have been to all of those grounds and probably a whole load more times than you! Why do you think I used The Emirates as an example of a ground that does indeed lack atmosphere most of the time, but where are the calls from Arsenal fans to introduce goal music to help it along?

[/quote][:@]Totally disagree about this ''create atmosphere'' argument. If  anything this imposed ''creation of atmosphere'' does the opposite, because it stifles any spontaneity!You didn''t answer my question as to why so few clubs have it I notice, and I wonder if there is a clamour from fans at other grounds to have it introduced? Of course there is''nt because it''s TINPOT!There was a very good article written in a recent edition of When Saturday Comes about a similar subject i.e that of music being blasted out at the end of games at Wembley (and similar occasions). It basically takes away the ''right'' of a clubs supporters to be able to sing songs of their own choosing after whatever triumph, instead they are drowned out by some dick-head PA anounncer, who decides that it must be Queen or Tina ***tting Turner that must be heard!The same thing happens at England games with that fuggen band, (who were a bit of a novelty when they first appeared about 1998 but now are just a pain in the ears!)Carrow Road has always been able to create a great atmosphere previous to that cock with the microphone yelping at people to do as they are told. Enough is enough!!![/quote]That would be a good argument if other teams created a good atmosphere, but they don''t. Norwich and Swansea create 2 of the best atmospheres in the premiership, saying we are tinpot because we play music is stupid, have you ever been to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc? the atmosphere at those grounds is non existent, Arsenal and Chelsea being especially embarrassing. Also did playing out "you''ll never walk alone" after the Drury match not help create an amazing atmosphere? Pretty sure it did. And if we don''t have the guy on the mic before kick off doing the 3-2-1 thing, then you have no chance of getting the Jarrold and N&P to do it, absolutely no chance. I am not fussed either way with the music but if you want us to be spontaneous then you will lose a lot of atmosphere    [/quote]