Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Scrap goal music at Carrow Road

Signed it. I hate goal music. Euro 2012 has just driven home how dire it is. We don''t need it.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Signed it. I hate goal music. Euro 2012 has just driven home how dire it is. We don''t need it.

[/quote]

No, we need MORE, not less, goal music.

And, while we''re about it, let''s get that " Five, Four, Three, Two, One" countdown before kickoff started as well ?

The countdown has been great. Especially one game where the players thought sod it and kicked off about 5 seconds before the countdown finished.

It''s all about controlling the crowd and creating an artificial atmosphere.... This unwelcome Americanisation of our national sport is here for good unfortunately.

[quote user="Clever Clucker"]It''s all about controlling the crowd and creating an artificial atmosphere....

This unwelcome Americanisation of our national sport is here for good unfortunately.
[/quote]

Only if we let it. Sign up and be heard!!! Or should that be sing up....? Anyway..

They might listen if enough people get behind it.

I think the players should pick a song each and whoever scores gets their song played!

[quote user="Heeley5"]I think the players should pick a song each and whoever scores gets their song played![/quote]

What a novel idea. Then we could listen to, rather than sing their song. A bit of Give It Up for Wes etc.

If we get a late equaliser we could play The Great Escape theme tune, a Red Card could be met with Michael Jackson''s "Bad" or "Another One Bites The Dust"

This could have legs....

[quote user="Heeley5"]I think the players should pick a song each and whoever scores gets their song played![/quote]

I want the job of the poor guy who has to sit and find/play the sound clip for each player when they score

[quote user="Victor Segura and the Yellow Cards"]

This could have legs....

[/quote]

Another possibility. The ZZ Top track of that name.  American Southern rock does it for me.  With lots of oxygen cylinders round the perimiter track to bump up that "artificial atmosphere" ?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I quite like the goal music....if nothing else because I know for the fact that it annoys the hell out of away fans at Carrow Road!![/quote]Annoys them? Really? I think you will find that they think it''s totally cringe-inducing. The comments I have read from away supporters on the matter, all find it something to laugh at about the CR experience.Petition duly signed.Incidentally, all three of the relegated teams last season used goal-music, leaving only us,(although hopefully not for much longer!) Swansea and Wigan who continue with it.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I for one enjoy the goal music. Lets remember football is too business like these days, its good to have some entertainment![/quote]The actual scoring of the goal is not entertainment enough for you? FFS why even bother to go to football at all?!!!

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I for one enjoy the goal music. Lets remember football is too business like these days, its good to have some entertainment![/quote]The actual scoring of the goal is not entertainment enough for you? FFS why even bother to go to football at all?!!![/quote]Ain''t that the truth

I think lose the Samba De Janiro, replace it with something more flash.Kyle Minogue the Locomotion or that tinpot local song they wanted to push for enterance music last year.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I think lose the Samba De Janiro, replace it with something more flash.
Kyle Minogue the Locomotion or that tinpot local song they wanted to push for enterance music last year.
[/quote]

They never went ahead with that.I wonder why?!

Get rid of it.Signed[Y]

I thought the goal music was to wake up certain sections of our support so they can join in by clapping.

[quote user="Herman "]

They never went ahead with that.I wonder why?!

Get rid of it.Signed[Y]

[/quote]That would have made me run onto the pitch and throw my season ticket at Lambo like that phat muppet did to Gunny

[quote user="Clever Clucker"]It''s all about controlling the crowd and creating an artificial atmosphere....

This unwelcome Americanisation of our national sport is here for good unfortunately.
[/quote]

so did you sign it ?

The club realistically could get this going on social networks too.
Facebook poll for people on Facebook
Hashtags on Twitter 
eg..
#NoNCFCGoalMusic
#YesNCFCGoalMusic
Then they can tally up the votes after X days and come to a decision.