Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Sunday Tease

Ok, time for a little Sunday brain-tester.

We have had players who have names the same as Norfolk place names - as in Grant Holt.

Can you think of any others, or any players that could play for us?   

If not can you make some up?     

Here''s a starter -   Theo ''Walcott''.  Now there''s a thought....

I saw the title of this thread and had hoped for something a little bit different if not mainstream. I''m glad I didn''t pay any money to enter.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]I saw the title of this thread and had hoped for something a little bit different if not mainstream. I''m glad I didn''t pay any money to enter.[/quote]

They you are.   Does that float your boat??............

Another little tease, a little quickie .... which is the only club never to be relegated from the top flight in English football?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Another little tease, a little quickie .... which is the only club never to be relegated from the top flight in English football?[/quote]

Wigan?

It''s actually in Cambridgeshire (not too far away) but surely Holt could also lay claim to a nickname along the lines of Six Mile Bottom.

Czech Republic are already on the way to having all of their team with the name of the country in their name (there are two of them)..all they need to do the job even better is some nice Croatian-esque squared shirts.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Wigan - correct ..... said it was a quickie, well done.[/quote]

mmm - isnt it also Arsenal?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Wigan - correct ..... said it was a quickie, well done.[/quote]

mmm - isnt it also Arsenal?[/quote]

my bad - since checked but they were relegated in 1913 - long held quiz question being factually inaccurate then! (although they were relegated as Woolwich Arsenal not arsenal)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Wigan - correct ..... said it was a quickie, well done.[/quote] mmm - isnt it also Arsenal?[/quote] my bad - since checked but they were relegated in 1913 - long held quiz question being factually inaccurate then! (although they were relegated as Woolwich Arsenal not arsenal)[/quote]

I have got Everton on my mind as well as never having been relegated from the top flight.

Everton were relegated in 1930 and promoted in 1931. They have had the longest unbroken run in the top flight ..... since then.

I think you will find that Arsenal were never actually relegated in that they have only played top flight football. As has been poined out they have finished in the relegation places but due to various fiddles they managed to retain their place in the first division. I beleive the small matter of the First World War may have intervened.

[quote user="PKC"]

I think you will find that Arsenal were never actually relegated in that they have only played top flight football. As has been poined out they have finished in the relegation places but due to various fiddles they managed to retain their place in the first division. I beleive the small matter of the First World War may have intervened.

[/quote]

The way i have heard it is that Arsenal were relegated,and although they only finished fifth or sixth in Div 2,they were re-elected into the top-flight.Some back-room deals have been alleged,but never proven.