Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Season Ticket Waiting List

This morning I received a letter from the club offering me a season ticket for 2012/13 for my grandsons. Our waiting list number was 687 which may be of interest to others on this waiting list.

As I am off to Turkey tomorrow I went to the ticket office today to sort out the details and the guy was a real star. Our tickets are currently Lower Barclay Block E Row W. Obviously there are no tickets available anywhere near but he patiently showed us all our options, some of which I hadn''t thought of, and helped us get it sorted in what I now believe is the best way for us. I often see criticism of club staff on here so am happy to report my good experience.

So I am off tomorrow safe in the knowledge that my family''s youngest generation are now season ticket holders and Barclay Boys!

Hi Nutty!Any idea when your grandsons were put on the waiting list? The club won''t tell me and my dad where we are on the list, rather annoyingly, - it would be good to have an idea!

It is interesting that there are spaces free - we still haven''t been given any idea how many tickets were renewed, and if Nutty''s grandsons were 800-odd that suggests a fair few, but I doubt they''ll make it to general sale.

Nutty apologies that this is totally off topic, but there is something that I have been meaning to ask you.  Are you a really bad ski jumper?[:)]

Back on topic when are the waiting lists updated?  If you were number 687, then have several hundred not renewed?  Most probably not 686 as not all would take up the offer.  Is the seating in front of the hotel a contributing factor?

Anyone know what numbers on average we get to on the waiting list each season?

That''s why I posted because I thought the number could help. But obviously not! Unfortunately there isn''t a date on the original receipt but I THINK it was two years ago.

I guess you could try asking them your number Alec? Good luck and I hope you get sorted soon buddy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This morning I received a letter from the club offering me a season ticket for 2012/13 for my grandsons. Our waiting list number was 687 which may be of interest to others on this waiting list.

As I am off to Turkey tomorrow I went to the ticket office today to sort out the details and the guy was a real star. Our tickets are currently Lower Barclay Block E Row W. Obviously there are no tickets available anywhere near but he patiently showed us all our options, some of which I hadn''t thought of, and helped us get it sorted in what I now believe is the best way for us. I often see criticism of club staff on here so am happy to report my good experience.

So I am off tomorrow safe in the knowledge that my family''s youngest generation are now season ticket holders and Barclay Boys!

[/quote]

Good news, nutty. It starts to look as if the club really isn''t going to provide any figure for season ticket renewals, given that there hasn''t been an announcement, nearly five weeks on, and that the waiting list is now being used up.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s why I posted because I thought the number could help. But obviously not! Unfortunately there isn''t a date on the original receipt but I THINK it was two years ago.

I guess you could try asking them your number Alec? Good luck and I hope you get sorted soon buddy.

[/quote]My dad rang them a few weeks back and they said they couldn''t tell him where we were for some reason. Well if that''s the case, then it looks like I will have a bit more of a wait as we got put on in March of the season before last. Hopefully the season after next then! Thanks!

My experience of the ticket office staff when I''ve been in there over the last year or so has been positive too. They always get brickbats when someone has a bad experience but when it all goes smoothly then nothing is said.

That''s good news Nutty. I think i''m around 1800 or so on the list. I signed up a few months ago- in all honesty i was hoping not to get the ticket this year, considering i will miss most games, but rather hoping that when we stay up there will be a ticket waiting for me for 2013.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Nutty apologies that this is totally off topic, but there is something that I have been meaning to ask you.  Are you a really bad ski jumper?[:)]

Back on topic when are the waiting lists updated?  If you were number 687, then have several hundred not renewed?  Most probably not 686 as not all would take up the offer.  Is the seating in front of the hotel a contributing factor?

Anyone know what numbers on average we get to on the waiting list each season?

[/quote]

If the best in the country is really bad then I could be ''Slim[H] But then again Portugal could be the worst side that Ronaldo has ever played for...

I didn''t ask any of those questions. Was more worried about getting the seats sorted. Interestingly the letter stated "If you do not wish to take this opportunity we will issue you with a cheque refund and remove you from the season ticket waiting list.

Also I would imagine I was number 687 2 years ago so some of the previous ones would have got theirs last season when lots more seats were installed.

I received the letter today also [:D]Looks like i''m number 744 and I joined late april last year, hopefully this will help some of you work out where you are on the list.OTBC

[quote user="Starks"]I received the letter today also [:D]Looks like i''m number 744 and I joined late april last year, hopefully this will help some of you work out where you are on the list.OTBC[/quote]You''ve got me excited now! Bet I don''t get a letter...

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Starks"]I received the letter today also [:D]

Looks like i''m number 744 and I joined late april last year, hopefully this will help some of you work out where you are on the list.

OTBC
[/quote]

You''ve got me excited now! Bet I don''t get a letter...
[/quote]

You''re now excited Excited Canary!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Good news, nutty. It starts to look as if the club really isn''t going to provide any figure for season ticket renewals, given that there hasn''t been an announcement, nearly five weeks on, and that the waiting list is now being used up.

[/quote]

Just to add, the waiting list being used up is potentially good news for those people on it, of course! But it would be interesting to know how many people didn''t renew, and whether all the spaces will be taken up by people on the waiting list, or whether there will be some over, to be offered to anyone. Because that information would support or not, as the case may be, the Bowkett/McNally business plan that is based on another 8,000 NCFC fans at pretty much every PL home game.

Another point is that the ticket was £131. That rather upsets the calculations of income from any new stand. Unless of course the club decides not to allow concessions.

Purple Canary - I don''t think it''s right for you to keep saying that the business case for an increase in capacity rests on us getting an extra 8,000 NORWICH fans for each game.

For a number of Premier League games we could bank on getting a large number of extra AWAY fans as well. Certainly for same games such as Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man City etc we could easily sell many thousands of extra away tickets.

We would have to ensure that the design of the stadium allowed for the necessary flexibility, but we do that now anyway.

Also, bear in mind that there are no season ticket holders amongst away fans and that you tend to get a lower percentage of concessionary prices for away fans and you can see straightaway that you''re looking at a substantial amount of extra revenue coming straight into the coffers.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Purple Canary - I don''t think it''s right for you to keep saying that the business case for an increase in capacity rests on us getting an extra 8,000 NORWICH fans for each game.

For a number of Premier League games we could bank on getting a large number of extra AWAY fans as well. Certainly for same games such as Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man City etc we could easily sell many thousands of extra away tickets. We would have to ensure that the design of the stadium allowed for the necessary flexibility, but we do that now anyway. Also, bear in mind that there are no season ticket holders amongst away fans and that you tend to get a lower percentage of concessionary prices for away fans and you can see straightaway that you''re looking at a substantial amount of extra revenue coming straight into the coffers.[/quote]

But that is my understanding of what Bowkett and McNally have said, on more than one occasion, that they have a business plan based on a 35,000-seat stadium and based on filling it for pretty much every game. And the EDP''s David Cuffley has said this is what he understands the business plan to be. Of course we may both have it wrong.

As to selling tickets to many extra thousands of away fans, possibly for the biggest games we could, although the current limit is I think 3,000 or 10 per cent of capacity, which ever is the smaller. So it would be 3,000 in our case. But in any event, even if we scrapped that limit, I am not sure how your plan would work, in that if there are several thousand extra NCFC fans out there then they are going to want to watch us play Man Utd and Arsenal, so we won''t need to make space for extra away fans. And in the games where we might fall short, against the likes of Reading, they won''t bring any extra away fans to make up the numbers.

At a 7% cost of capital based on the current loans which were negotiated when interest rates were considerably higher than you would need to generate 175 extra from each seat to break even. Basically sell out the extra seats 6 times a season which should be possible. After that you are generating extra cash for players so I don''t agree that it is necessary to sell out the extra 8000 seats every game for a new stand to make sense. 

Purple - you''re not right about the ''current limit''. The 3,000 or 10 per cent of capacity is MINIMUM requirement imposed by the Premier League. Any club is perfectly at liberty to give more tickets than that to away fans, just think for a moment about the 4,500 fans that we took to the Wigan game for the first game of the season.

As for the games against Man Utd, Arsenal etc, you''re right in a sense that they are the games that more Norwich fans would probably like to watch too. However, they are also the games where the highest prices are charged - it was £43 for a casual ticket for these games last season - so just think of all that lovely extra revenue. (8,000 x £43 = £344,000) I do realise that in reality it would be less than that because of concessions - but it''s still an awful lot of extra revenue.

When it comes to games against smaller teams that is precisely the time when a bit more flexibility on prices can be introduced if it is needed. You have been very vocal this season in arguing that the club have had too many category A games - if capacity was extended to 35,000 and there were a few more category B and C games who knows - you might be happier.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Purple - you''re not right about the ''current limit''. The 3,000 or 10 per cent of capacity is MINIMUM requirement imposed by the Premier League. Any club is perfectly at liberty to give more tickets than that to away fans, just think for a moment about the 4,500 fans that we took to the Wigan game for the first game of the season. As for the games against Man Utd, Arsenal etc, you''re right in a sense that they are the games that more Norwich fans would probably like to watch too. However, they are also the games where the highest prices are charged - it was £43 for a casual ticket for these games last season - so just think of all that lovely extra revenue. (8,000 x £43 = £344,000) I do realise that in reality it would be less than that because of concessions - but it''s still an awful lot of extra revenue. When it comes to games against smaller teams that is precisely the time when a bit more flexibility on prices can be introduced if it is needed. You have been very vocal this season in arguing that the club have had too many category A games - if capacity was extended to 35,000 and there were a few more category B and C games who knows - you might be happier.[/quote]

I can''t imagine that! It''s not my role on this forum to be happy. I leave that to...and to...and to...of course...

You''re right, of course, that the 3,000/10 per cent is a minimum. I should have made that clear. But I stick by my point that the only games where we could sell loads of extra tickets to away fans would precisely be the games where we wouldn''t need to.

And to be clear, I think we probably have to take the leap and increase capacity to 35,000, given that there doesn''t seem to be a halfway house of - say - 31,000 we can go to. My worry is that Bowkett and McNally, from all they have said, are over-estimating the demand week in, week out. I am dubious that there are 8,000 extra NCFC fans out there who will attend pretty much every game. And it does seem they are basing their business plan on just that.

I doubt that they could sell 8000 tickets every game but then as stated above they don''t need to for a new stand to make sense. Secondly, they will have a good idea of the extra demand for sell out games and they also plan to do market due diligence so there is no evidence that they are basing a business plan on spurious assumptions.

I''m only going to get a season ticket when i''m 100% sure we''re an established Premier League team. Then i''ll be watching us against the big boys each week :D p.s does anyone know how easy it is to get tickets to Man CIty, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea home and away?

[quote user="T"]

At a 7% cost of capital based on the current loans which were negotiated when interest rates were considerably higher than you would need to generate 175 extra from each seat to break even. Basically sell out the extra seats 6 times a season which should be possible. After that you are generating extra cash for players so I don''t agree that it is necessary to sell out the extra 8000 seats every game for a new stand to make sense. 

[/quote]

T, you may be right. My point is that Bowkett and McNally seem to think we will sell out pretty much every game. Of course there is only one way we will ever know.

Don''t know whether this applies to many people but a friend''s son who we''ve given a lift to games over the past couple of years cannot afford to renew as he is now in the higher price category?  This might account for some non-renewals??

The waiting list is about 1500 long atm according to the ticket office, so unless you are at the top already its unlikely that you will get a ticket. The thing is when your name does reach the top, will you get a seat anywhere near where you want to be..

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Don''t know whether this applies to many people but a friend''s son who we''ve given a lift to games over the past couple of years cannot afford to renew as he is now in the higher price category?  This might account for some non-renewals??[/quote]

Or there again, could these be the new seats in front of the Hotel? I only ask as they said they were going to install some there for next season,Or did I get that wronge aswell

T, sorry I''m not quoting but I think the major sticking point for building the new stand is that at least part of the city stand would have to be shut for at least part of the season. In that case the revenue for the extra seats would have to cover the lost season ticket revenue. given that the city stand has the most expensive seats that may explain the cautiousness of the business plan although I would hazard a guess that even still not all the tickets would have to be sold for every match.

Interestingly Sky/BT announced that 40% of the games will be televised which means les 3pm Saturday games. This may be one of the reasons that people are walking away. It really wouldn''t bother me to walk away next season. - Not looking to win anything and never knowing when we will be playing so you can''t arrange anything to far in advance.

[quote user="Fellas"]T, sorry I''m not quoting but I think the major sticking point for building the new stand is that at least part of the city stand would have to be shut for at least part of the season. In that case the revenue for the extra seats would have to cover the lost season ticket revenue. given that the city stand has the most expensive seats that may explain the cautiousness of the business plan although I would hazard a guess that even still not all the tickets would have to be sold for every match.[/quote]

Agree, the lost revenue opportunity cost from the stand closure effectively has to be added to the 20m capex cost to derive a break even point. Based on capacity and season ticket prices around 2m which probably brings break even point up to 200 a seat - still not a sell out every game. Still think the bottom line is it makes sense if stay up but does not if get relegated.