Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Managers with Canaries connections...

Was just reading the article on the front page about Dennis van Wijk and started wondering whether the Canaries might have more than their fair share of former players (+ managers) still plying their trade in the game - in the UK and elsewhere.I know most players + managers are associated with a number of clubs, but it seems every other week we''re hearing stories of former Canaries succeeding somewhere or other in a coaching role. Can anyone think of any examples other than Megson, O''Neill, Rioch, Bruce, Newman, Crook (well, okay they''ve not all been successful, but I''m sure there are others).Either way City''s old-boys seem to be a lot more successful on the touchlines than they do on the pitch!

culverhouse is assistant manager at leyton orient.

think there''s anything in that story by the way, because a few people have suggested worthy might look to extend his coaching staff.

[quote]I think Newmans at Cambridge now, with Iwan isn''t he?[/quote]

Weston.

Did a quick check.

Seems Rob Newman is Assistant Manager at Cambridge United, whilst still turning out for Gorleston when he has time to help in their fight against relegation.

In fact he got sent off playing for the Greens in February.

Interesting.

OTBC

Jan Molby technically has a Norwich connection - if only on loan - think he was plying his trade quite successfully at Kidderminster for a while.

Starting to wonder whether this really gives us more than our fair share, but it certainly makes you think just how many players/managers have been involved at Carrow Road over the last 20-odd years.