Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Adam Drury joins Leeds

All the best Adam.  You''ve been with the club through thick and thin, always a quality professional for us.

I (like many others on here) think you could have done a good job for us next year in the Prem.  This shows the high regard we have for you.  But sometimes in sport it is best to move on while you''re still at your best.

Great move Adam - you are a true gent and fully deserve a longer contract. Good luck to you and your family.

Good Luck Adam, thanks for all you''ve done for our club. When fit still a top top player and professional also the best tackler in a one on one situation i think i''ve seen at our club, we''d have been in big trouble at left back without him last season. Good move for him but i think our club needed to be realistic in that if Tierney is touch and go injury wise we need a left back who can play a full season.

Good luck and thank you, as Lambert said, there will be very few players in the future who devote themselves to a club in the way you did.A gentleman and a true Pro!

I suspect he was offered a modest 1 year deal here and with the probability he would only play odd games. A 2 year deal for him with Leeds has got to be good for him and we wish him all the best. It will be many a long year before we have another player who gives us 11 years. This does highlight how short we are in defence now with his departure and that of Whitbread. You can probably add barnett to that too so no surprises that most of our signings will be defenders this summer

Seldom has a player left NCFC with such tributes and with a proper send off.

A testimonial, a juicy signing on fee and two years of decent wages for a player who stayed with us for 11 years. That should do him and his family nicely.

I hope Leeds treat him well.

Thanks, goodbye and good luck Adam. A true gent and servant to the club. Sadly, the likes of Drury, Giggs and Maldini are long gone in todays cut and thrust game....... [:(]All the best Adam!

I can only echo that Adam Drury epitomises everything that a Pro footballer should be, an outstanding servant to his club, and an example to any aspiring footballer!

All the best to him.

Good luck to him - another 2 years is a handy retirement fund for the new Leeds man. I''m just glad he was given a proper goodbye unlike some others...

Thank you and good luck, Adam. As already said, you have never let the club down and have never let yourself down because you have been thoroughly professional and have always given 100%. It has been a huge added bonus that you are a really decent person. You deserve every success at your new club. but I hope you come back here when you decide to hang up your boots! Norfolk will miss you.

(My abiding memory of you will be your last gasp headed equaliser against Middlesbrough. That comeback was amazing and it couldn''t have fallen to anyone more appropriate than you. Brilliant! )

He''s gone to Leeds because like Hucks before him he couldn''t bear to play against us! Good luck ads, give me a shout if you need showing round!

My favourite canarie after Hoolahan gone now :(

So we need at least 2 full backs and one center back this summer. As we have only Tierney on left and Martin on right and latter plays better at center.

Well if Ayala promises us to stay fit, we might try with Ayala, Bennet, Ward as our top 3 and Martin + Barnet as fourth and fifth choise, Not many teams uses more than four anyway, if not in serious injury problems.

But that was offtopic and sorry about that.

Anyway very sad to see Drury go, but it had to end at some point. Still hoped few years for him, but hopefuly he has splendid time in Leeds and wish all the best in future. Mayby we see him back when our academy is fully up and running.

A model professional footballer.......and a very good servant to NCFC.

Good luck Adam to you and your family......and if the opportunity arises in training to kick Colin up the ar$e.....You can do so with my blessing.

"Adam.....Why have you just kicked me up the ar$e?"

Thanks and good luck, Adam.Getting a two year contract at age 33 is a great deal. Couldn''t point Snodgrass in our direction, could you?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Said a few weeks back someone had played their last game didn''t I....[/quote]

As usual, the omniscient Jas is here to proclaim his fullfilled prophecy...

Good luck Adam, wish the very best at leeds. As someone said earlier perfect example of a proper pro footballer and a great servant to the club.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Thanks and good luck, Adam.

Getting a two year contract at age 33 is a great deal. Couldn''t point Snodgrass in our direction, could you?

[/quote]

Aah! Do you think that he might be the football equivalent of an SAS infiltrator?! Planted to cast doubt in Snodgrass''s mind, and persuade him to plead for a move here?

</3
Gutted, welled up a little reading he was off. Legend. Best of luck to him at Leeds.

Good Luck Adam at Leeds and thanks for 11 wonderful years, we will miss you.

[quote user="Lambo"]</3
Gutted, welled up a little reading he was off. Legend.''''[/quote]

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] Pull yourself together ffs! Opposing football fans maybe reading this message board and you''re making us look like a bunch of fairies!

Love you, Adam - miss you [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-52.gif[/img]

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Wishbone"]. Further highlights what a bad decision it was to give Ward a new contract IMO![/quote]

Well not really because Ward is quite a decent player.

[/quote]Video or it didn''t happen lol