Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Who have the most arrogant fans in football?

Liverpool -who honestly believe the myth perpetuated by Ian St John that they are "loveable scallies".Sorry just big city Millwall supporters "no one likes you I don''t care".

Id'' say Chelsea or Man Utd fans are the most arrogant in my experiences DDiM. I hate the lot of them with a vengeance (not forgetting binners that is).

I hate Man Utd fans just a little bit more than Chelsea fans due to the fact that 65% of self-proclaimed Man Utd fans haven''t actually been to Old Trafford (that is a true fact).

Any other thoughts on this?

i find some of the midlands clubs quite arrogant as well, villa and wolves and brum seem to think they are much bigger than they are.

I''d go for Wolves / Blackburn.

Wolves ''cos they''re all convinced they''re playing well below their station, Blackburn ''cos they''re convinced that they''re not playing well above theirs. Big team - my arse! Where would either be without their inheritances?

I think it''s fairly arrogant of anyone to define any group as arrogant. Throughout every crowd of people ( across the land, any land ) there are some people that come across the wrong way but many more that are just nice people and good fans. I''m sure we had our share of arrogance last season in some quarters. This season may well have added a dash of humility.

Wolves, Arsenal, Birmingham, Tottenham, Everton, West Ham and....................Stoke (based on personal experiences).

Speaking from a very personal experience it has to be West Ham.  Last season a few West Ham fans managed to find their way into the family enclosure in the Geoffrey Watling stand and they were very abusive.  They sat two rows behind me and when West Ham scored they went mad and wound the rest of the stand up.  At the end of the match the same fans were threatening to burn down Carrow Road.

I especially think most of the fans of London Clubs are bad plus Man Utd and also Wolves because they think they are so  brilliant'' and should be higher than they really should and their sheer arrogance about that Play-off semis.

I particularly hated both the West Ham Fans from last season and the Spurs fans from this.

The West Ham lot believed they had the right to sponsor the game and would get posh seats and loads of their fans thought it was acceptable to sit in our areas cos they couldn''t get a ticket in their own bit and thought they could take over the place and could mouth off about us and celebrate when they scored with no respect and considering in my mind they had no right to be there. A woman in front of me starting having a go at us and slagging us off when we scored although she got a full loud version of the goal music loud in here ear when we scored from me! and most of the people around made sure she got reminded of Mr Etherington getting sent off. From the stories afterwards from other fans it weren''t good either and the cheek of their fans 1st taking our seats that many of our fans wanted and then thinking they owned the place or expected to be in a friendly environment from the enemy was out of order.

The Spurs fans again taking our seats was annoying and then those fews fans in the N+P I noticed practically getting our fans done and ejected for sitting in our areas instead of his own and them voicing their annoyance and making sure he wouldn''t have it easy. I also hated the woman who supported Spurs who came on Radio Norfolk afterwards moaning that she took her son and sat in the Barclay and both got abused about supporting Spurs and she thought it was disgraceful because she as well had a young child. Of all the places to sit as an opposition fan at CR that is the worst with passionate supporters and she knew the problems before hand and what grief she could expect and to take a young child and try blaming other ppl and use her child excuse is disgraceful. Perhaps if she tried getting a ticket in the away end or if failed didn''t bother at all then she would never of had to put up with those problems. I have no sympathy at all and just probably it was for her son and taking him to see his heroes doesn''t wash on me. It''s a tough world and we all have to live it. The cheek of some people!

Generally as well there were Chelsea fans in the home areas at the game and generally London clubs in particular think they have a right to take our seats. Can''t bare fans of Many London clubs that do this or the other so called ''big'' teams and their fans. To me their trying to get rid of violence in football grounds and having fans mix in the stadium will cause problems like this and it seems our club just shrugs and gets on with it rather than ejecting the ones taking our seats and causing possible havoc and unrest. Unfortunately football isn''t polite as Rugby where fans can mix freely in the stadium and if it goes like this then it may be a long time before we ever reach that stage.

Man Utd is something I think we all know about

The teams with the most arrogant fans tend to be successful teams such as Man U or Chelsea. With the exception of Tottenham whose fans remain arogant even though the team is always useless

Tottenham fans are just bitter because they once thought themselves a big club but in reality are no bigger than teams like Middlesborough, Bolton and Southampton.

Mind you, to call them all arrogant is a bit harsh. There are still plenty of people (who post on this board) that seem to think Norwich should be an established Premiership side

West ham, Spurs, QPR, Wolves,Coventry and Forest, their fans seem to think they are bigger clubs than they are.

But if i was to say what fans i like least, then i would have to say millwall, scum, forest, coventry, reading and swindon

[quote]I especially think most of the fans of London Clubs are bad plus Man Utd and also Wolves because they think they are so brilliant'' and should be higher than they really should and their sheer arrogan...[/quote]

Having a go at a spurs supporting child with their mother is absolutely pathetic and whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves. No need for it in my opinion.

However, to go back to topic, in no particular order

1) Wolves

2) Man Utd

3) Liverpool (the friendly scouse scally tag is a complete myth)

4) Birmingham City

As a complete constrast, the best I would have to say are Man City. Superb support, home and away, and having been with a mate to a few of their away games as a complete stranger with a non-manc accent, I was made to feel most welcome. Top club.