Sign in to follow this  
Yellows2009

Ruddy Out & Butland in according to Mirror

Always nice to give link when telling rumours

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-eye-jack-butland-birmingham-904443

Highly speculative even for Mirror''s news. Even if Butland would come, it probably would mean either of Rudd or Steer going loan or being sold.

No way Butland would be our 1st choise stopper.

The Mirror, the paper that devoted a double page spread to getting a national campaign on the move for David Seaman to get his pony tail cut off. I see it''s still up to the same standards.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Always nice to give link when telling rumours

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-eye-jack-butland-birmingham-904443

Highly speculative even for Mirror''s news. Even if Butland would come, it probably would mean either of Rudd or Steer going loan or being sold.

No way Butland would be our 1st choise stopper.[/quote]Well if there is any truth in the article and they do say Hughton has made a firm inquiry and if he is willing to pay up to £4 million for Butland then i would say he most certainly would be our No1 .

It''s like the Euros all over again. I really hope not. We have 3 promising goalkeepers and in Premier League terms a limited budget, £4m would be much better spent elsewhere.

Butland is only 19 and has never even played a first team game for Birmingham.There is no chance that he would be signed to be first choice keeper at Norwich.

Doesn''t really make any sense. We have 3 great young keepers and limited funds to improve the squad, why spend between a quarter and a third of our funds on a player who isn''t needed and is probably 3 years away from being ready for 1st team Premiership football.

Also why would Villa want Ruddy? Given is still a great keeper. Again they have a limited budget and need a lot of new players. If we were to pay 4m for Butland how much would we want for Ruddy? Twice that? He''s still young in goal keeping terms, has a year of Premiership experience and is the clear 2nd choice England keeper for the next 4-5 years

I remember a post on here 3 months back saying Ruddy had signed a pre-contract agreement with Man U. No-one believed it back then, maybe there was some truth in it after all?

Think there will be plenty of talk and until it becomes talk over a few days on one rumour or speculation then I think you can take it with a pinch of salt.It is interesting, I think it would be a bit early to dismiss Rudd and Steer and that is the message this signing would indicate. Ruddy being sold would be a big part of our team going, been here for two great seasons and the spine of your team is essential. Ruddy is one of those parts.If this speculation grows and rumour changes each day then we can be more worried about losing our senior number 1. Personally I rate Given so very highly, Villa released Guzan a very good keeper so need a number 2. There could be that move for Forster by Lambert but I am sure he has a long list at Villa. But starting keeper will not be one of those positions.

RUDDY TO VILLA HE THINKS LAMBERT IS JUST GREAT ALWAYS SAYING WHAT A GREAT MANAGER HE IS AND HOPE HE DO WELL AT VILLA .JUST READING BETWEEN LINES.WATCH THIS SPACE.DO NOT FORGET ALL THE STICK HE GOT FOR SOME TIME AT CARROW ROAD HE WOULD NOT FORGET.

Ruddy wouldn''t want to be Number 2 (or Number 13) at Villa. That''d be a move down if he wants to pursue his England career. Not getting games won''t get him another call up.

This is pure speculation from the Mirror. IF and MAY are key words.

IF Hughton lands Butland, that MAY let his predecessor buy Ruddy.

So clearly, Lambert hasn''t actually shown an interest in Ruddy yet. They''re just speculating what COULD happen.

Saw last night the journalist himself was tweeting that, and I quote, "all I know" is there had been an inquiry from Norwich to B''ham.

Nothing but turd stirring.

This is a load of rubbish. Ruddy is on the fringe of the England team and is only in his early 20s. This being the case he would command a fee in the region og £10m. If reports are correct Villa have a pot of about £25m they are hardly likely to spend nealy half on a goalkeeper when the rest of their squad needs major surgary. Added to this if Ruddy did go then Butland is too young and inexperienced to be our first choice so why would we pay £4m when we need to spend that in other areas ofthe squad

[quote user="Mahogany"]Doesn''t really make any sense. We have 3 great young keepers and limited funds to improve the squad, why spend between a quarter and a third of our funds on a player who isn''t needed and is probably 3 years away from being ready for 1st team Premiership football. Also why would Villa want Ruddy? Given is still a great keeper. Again they have a limited budget and need a lot of new players. If we were to pay 4m for Butland how much would we want for Ruddy? Twice that? He''s still young in goal keeping terms, has a year of Premiership experience and is the clear 2nd choice England keeper for the next 4-5 years[/quote]

I haven''t seen any of the RoI games but by all accounts Given has had a poor tournament. Lambert might be worried that this is not a blip but the start of a permanent slide in form.

Guys this is massive BS.

I know for a fact that Norwich have been in discussions with Ruddy about extending his contract and that he will remain here.

Don''t be taken in by the Mirror or the DM for that matter

The Guardians take on this complete non story:"According to the Mirror, Butland is available for £4m,

which is £3.995m more than he was worth before he was called up to the

England squad, even though it hasn''t made him any better as a player."

Jack Butland has not played premiership or championship football Birmingham loaned him out to Cheltenham last season there is no way he would be Norwich''s first choice keeper its lazy journalism at its very best what they do is link Norwich players with Villa and then link us with Birmingham players its in the mirror and the daily mail. 

It''s worth pointing out that Ruddy hasn''t signed a new contract yet, which means he has just 1 year remaining. I would assume negotiations have been going on for some time. It may be that the club feel they can''t agree and need to cash in? I hope not though.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]I remember a post on here 3 months back saying Ruddy had signed a pre-contract agreement with Man U. No-one believed it back then, maybe there was some truth in it after all?[/quote]It is complete rubbish because players are only allowed to sign pre-contract agreements with a foreign club.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Butland is only 19 and has never even played a first team game for Birmingham.There is no chance that he would be signed to be first choice keeper at Norwich.
[/quote]

This could be a Joe Lewis scenario, who was once in the England squad. Why not get Forster ? Probably because a new manager does want to do things his own way and not listen to other people.  Not a good sign IMO.  

Villa have been linked with the following of our players:John RuddyDaniel AyalaAnthony PilkingtonJonny HowsonGrant Holt.That''s half the starting eleven so far.  Starting to get boring.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]I remember a post on here 3 months back saying Ruddy had signed a pre-contract agreement with Man U. No-one believed it back then, maybe there was some truth in it after all?[/quote]......nobody believed it becuse it could not happen. ruddy contracted to us fully and for more than one year at that time. i believe pre-cons can only be agreed in the last six months of a players contract.

So what how many other city players have had talks and signed new contracts only to make a move before the ink has dried.However you look at this situation Ruddy is prob englands second keeper and he wants to keep it this way come what may weather with Norwich or some other club and as Givens is getting past his sell by date Villa with Ruddys mate Lambert in charge looks a good bet .Im sure the city board could make a few bob on this but we will see .We should all know by now how this club runs .

[quote user="ronburton"]So what how many other city players have had talks and signed new contracts only to make a move before the ink has dried.However you look at this situation Ruddy is prob englands second keeper and he wants to keep it this way come what may weather with Norwich or some other club and as Givens is getting past his sell by date Villa with Ruddys mate Lambert in charge looks a good bet .Im sure the city board could make a few bob on this but we will see .We should all know by now how this club runs .[/quote]

So Ruddy will just casually stroll into Aston Villa and displace Shay Given who has 4 years to run on his current deal? Given is not over the hill by any stretch of the imagination. He was blatantly not fit for this tournament but understandably wanted to play because Ireland havent featured at a major tournament for 10 years. That was evident in his performances which were off the pace and sluggish. However when he is fit he is still one of the best goalkeepers in the league. As he showed at Carrow Road. It would easily have been 4 or 5 nil without him.

I would be genuinely shocked if Ruddy was either moved on or wanted to leave. He is playing the best football of his career here and is guaranteed first time football which will enhance his England prospects. I don''t actually see many other teams who have major openings in the goalkeeper department either. So just joining another Premiership team would be pretty difficult. At the moment Norwich is the perfect fit for Ruddy on both a professional and personal level given how near it is to Cambridgeshire.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]I remember a post on here 3 months back saying Ruddy had signed a pre-contract agreement with Man U. No-one believed it back then, maybe there was some truth in it after all?[/quote]

Why would you go to Man Utd? Yes it is very prestigious to play for them and the money would probably be better. But it would represent professional suicide. For the first time in his career he has had a sustained period as first choice goalkeeper with club at Championship and Premier League level. At Man Utd he would be fighting very hard with Lindegaard just be getting on the bench behind De Gea. You can also throw into the mixer that Ben Amos has signed another contract with Man Ud. That would inevitably mean being farmed on loan to various clubs again which is something he absolutely hated and at one stage he even considered quitting the game because of it.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]I remember a post on here 3 months back saying Ruddy had signed a pre-contract agreement with Man U. No-one believed it back then, maybe there was some truth in it after all?[/quote]......nobody believed it becuse it could not happen. ruddy contracted to us fully and for more than one year at that time. i believe pre-cons can only be agreed in the last six months of a players contract.[/quote]This is true for a player from a different league, anyone in the same league and a pre contract can''t be done till either a month before or untill their contract has run down, not sure which one.,

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Butland is only 19 and has never even played a first team game for Birmingham.There is no chance that he would be signed to be first choice keeper at Norwich.
[/quote]

This could be a Joe Lewis scenario, who was once in the England squad. Why not get Forster ? Probably because a new manager does want to do things his own way and not listen to other people.  Not a good sign IMO.  

[/quote]

Blimey Paul, when did you start believing anything the Daily Mirror reported?????? [:P]

[quote user="Fozzie"]Villa have been linked with the following of our players:John RuddyDaniel AyalaAnthony PilkingtonJonny HowsonGrant Holt.That''s half the starting eleven so far.  Starting to get boring.[/quote]And chances are they wouldn''t be able to afford all of them.  It goes some way to prove how much BS is written by journos.

Ruddy is settled here, he''s already stated how much he''s looking forward to working with Hughton and he''s currently in Barbados.

It''s just journos putting two and two together and making sixty five.

Manager at one club, signs player from old club.

Load of codswallop.

My A*Se will Ruddy leave...Lambert can come in for him.. but then Lambert never dealt with Hughton before! he will be sent packing.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey Paul, when did you start believing anything the Daily Mirror reported?????? [:P]

[/quote]

I don''t judge rumours from which newspaper they come from, Lord Horn. I have an open mind on the subject unlike a few others on here.  [;)]