Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City's 2012/13 Premier League fixtures

Two boring starting fixtures - but if Hughton manages to maintain the standard of football we were laying last season we are more than capable of getting atleast 4/6 points there! [:)]Lets hope Hughton can banish the craven cottage memories too.

I''d say the key periods are the middle of November through to the Chelsea game on Boxing Day, and then from the Man Utd (a) game on March 2nd right through until the end of the season.  We have got a very generous run in as far as I''m concerned, and as long as we position ourselves well by the end of February then this season could be very successful, especially as the majority of our second half of the season are at home.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Got to play everyone at some time of course but should we be struggling near the end of the season the last fixtures - bar the obvious one - don''t look as formidably scary as they did last season.[/quote]

Thats exactly how I feel. Last season it was all "Blimey, look at that" this time its still exiting, but a piece of me is going "meh!"

Boxing day- Chelsea (H), Dec 29th, Man City (H) could be a great couple of xmas/new years shocks there :)

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Now just wait for Sky/BT To change all the dates/times [/quote]It''s still Liverpool TV, I mean ESPN, this season.  So it will probably be the Liverpool matches moved again.

Chelsea (a) is on a weekend following the Champions League matches so this could easily be moved to a Sunday

Decent schedule..a good mix of winnable and less winnable games.

Last thing you want to start the season is either

a) all the top sides

b) all the sides tipped to struggle

Good to have the promoted sides 10+ games in and not straight away too.

[quote user="TheRock"]Two boring starting fixtures - but if Hughton manages to maintain the standard of football we were laying last season we are more than capable of getting atleast 4/6 points there! [:)]Lets hope Hughton can banish the craven cottage memories too.[/quote]

Don''t think they are boring at all. London away day and a game where we have a chance of getting a result followed by QPha at home which is always one of our more lively and interesting fixtures. Give me QPR at home (again winnable) over a spanking from Man City anyway.

Looking at the fixtures our only really nightmarish run is from late september through to the end of October. We must therefore not panic if after 10 games we are near the foot of the table because during that period the chances are we won;t get many points even if playing ok. After that it gets easier and, provided all our confidence, has not been destroyed, we should start to pick up. Could really do with a couple of wins out of the first 4 games though.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="swindoncanary"]Now just wait for Sky/BT To change all the dates/times [/quote]It''s still Liverpool TV, I mean ESPN, this season.  So it will probably be the Liverpool matches moved again.[/quote]Oh ya, getting ahead of myself there.For info. all TV Matches must be submitted by 5th July, that''s for matches taking us up to 30th Nov.

I think Fulham away then QPR at home is a good start.

Last year I felt Fulham were a very ordinary team with a couple of good strikers.  At Craven Cottage Lambert tried to get us playing 3 at the back and keep possession a la Swansea; it just didn''t work.  3 at the back creates openings for wide players if you''re not careful, & they got 2 very soft goals.  In the second half we overran them while still never really looking like scoring.

So it would be a good one to put out a solid team and realistically we have a chance of getting all 3 points.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Now just wait for Sky/BT To change all the dates/times [/quote]I think we can safely say the first game won''t be moved........

March and April, united and the Gooners apart, are probably the best months of the entire season!We could get some really good results out of those games.I can honestly see a top half finish this season, there isnt a single team we cant beat in the premiership... Christmas throws up funny results so Man City and Chelski wont like it up em!bring it on!

Wouldn''t surprise me if the Chelsea game on Boxing day will be shown by Sky,think they normally have at least 2 games from the Premier not sure if i would prefer lunchtime or teatime kick off