Sign in to follow this  
cotswold canary

What will we dao at the Villa game?

Will we Boo Lambert ? For Me I think we should maybe cheer some sort of thanks for about a minute, then never mention it again in the game or again. Theirs only one Chris Whoton (I think thats how its spelt)  COYY OTBC

If the''re still at the club then we should sing "One Gary Karsa! There''s only one Gary Karsa!"

Before the game we make it as hostile for Villa as possible and their manager as we would any other visiting side.  During the game we continue to make it as hostile as possible.   Then at the end, if we win - then we can sing  "There''s only one Chris Hughton".   

I think Lambert has made his bed and has to lie in it.     He did great when he was here but has moved on.  Win or lose against Villa we have to show that we''ve moved on. 

It would just look bitter and childish to boo and give Lambert the limelight. I suggest we chant hughtons names as loud as possible and have a massive party and show we''ve moved on. Unless we lose all the games prior them we should all throw our tickets at Hughton and get banned for life.

If this was a relationship and Paul Lambert was the dumping ex gf, half of you lot would be classified stalkers with restraining orders in place...Who gives a stuff about Aston Vanilla !!!

I will treat it like any other game, I''ve seen so many managers come and go at Carrow Road I don''t let it get to me, Lambert is just the latest on the list of ex Norwich Managers.

Why not treat him as any other visiting manager, with neither boos nor applause. I remember how he defiantly waved to the Colchester fans on our visit there. They were probably even more angry as a result. Perhaps that''s what he intended?

I respect what PL has done for us, but im going with about 20 mates and we''re going to dish out banter for Lambert.If (when!) we''re leading Villa, we''re gonna chart "It coulda been you, It coulda been yooooou, oh PL, it coulda been you!" and "There''s only one CH!" [H] Not childish.

I always remember the Blackpool reaction to Wes Hoolahan at Bloomfield Road a few years ago a club he left after success to join us - for not much money after a clause in his contract.

They pantomime booed him through the game, waited until they were leading and until he was substituted then started chanting his name. I hope we only go as far as banter with PL and not gutter abuse because he doesn''t deserve that.

Interesting question.....

What we will do versus what we will feel.

What I will do will be entirely related to us stuffing Villa because I''ve never much liked them and because I want us to stuff every team that comes our way.

What I will feel?

I''m not sure. It may sound a bit ''limp'', but I will probably feel a bit sad, because I associate so much of my happiness over the last 3 years with PL and then suddenly he''s in the other dugout. It''s a bit like your favourite girlfriend as a teenager who left you for someone you know, but not a close friend: you still love her (and would probably quite like her back) despite the fact she went behind your back and behaved like a bit of a s**t. On the one hand you want to crucify her, but on the other you want to tell her she meant the world to you despite what she did at the end.

Er...so.......ummmm......

OK, be a MAN!! Villa and that two-timing tosser can f* off to Tuesdays at Doncaster and be miserable ever after....

Two Villa fans chatting before the game. One turns to the other and says, (Brummie accent) "what''s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?"

"Don''t know. What''s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?" says the other.

"You can''t wash your hands in a buffalo."

Travel to Villa Park in good numbers (like we usually do away from home). Cheer the team on as loudly as possible. Don''t go over the top with the abuse because it makes us look really small like Colchester when we went there. How does that sound?

[quote user="Cromer Canary"]Two Villa fans chatting before the game. One turns to the other and says, (Brummie accent) "what''s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?" "Don''t know. What''s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?" says the other. "You can''t wash your hands in a buffalo."[/quote]

Funnily enough whilst I was in the traps at the loos in Dunkirk waiting for a ferry a couple of weeks ago I could hear a couple of blokes chatting by the sinks - straining (no pun intended) to hear what they were saying I couldn''t work out what language they were talking.  When I came out to wash my hands I eventually worked out they were Brummies or Black Country types and I still couldn''t understand them.

........ and in answer to the original question...when we play them towards the end of the season.... we will win 7-1 and relegate them!