Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Matty Etherington Stoke City ?????

Have i missed this rumour, where on earth did those short odds come from?? If no press attention and such short odds, i would be more inclined than usual to listen to the bookies on this one.I would also be very happy with Etherington, actually i take that back, just researched, he''s 31, gambling addictions, not sure he''s the type of player who fits in with our dressing room- imagine the end of season trip to Vegas, we could end up like Ip5w1ch, with mafia men with guns turning up to the training ground!

I read this rumour that he was coming here on their forum before our away match there.

As a cynic, I''m thinking that he is coming here cos he would have had a large wager on it himself !!!

Cant find any rumours at all about him joining, i think this could well be a done deal. He has some quality, but almost 31, 2 year contract, would give competition to Pilkington. I just hope he comes for under 2M, average wage and does not represent the type of player we will be signing this summer.

Good player. We had him as a youngster of course. Not sure we need another left winger with Pilks though.

Very random this has just appeared out of the blue.

I also thought he was over his gambling problems.

I couldn''t give a stuff what he does with his money, gamble it or give it to those idiots who want your money for decrepit donkeys or whatever.  As long it doesn''t effect his professional life.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Good player. We had him as a youngster of course. Not sure we need another left winger with Pilks though.

Very random this has just appeared out of the blue.

I also thought he was over his gambling problems.

[/quote]

Ignore the bit about us having him as a youngster. appears we didn;t. Must have had him confused with Simon Davies. Good player though.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]I couldn''t give a stuff what he does with his money, gamble it or give it to those idiots who want your money for decrepit donkeys or whatever.  As long it doesn''t effect his professional life.
[/quote]

I agree with you, but the only problem is that is has affected his professional life and my worry would be that he could come to Norwich and spread a bit more gambling misery.

Can vouch for the fact that he likes a bet.  When at West Ham was a very big card school including him and Teddy Sheringham amongst others.  Not many of the shoe boxes around the changing rooms contained football boots.....

Think Etheringtons best days are behind him now , could not get excited about his signing . I see Holt is 1/5 to end up at West Ham .

Footballing wise Etherington has the right pedigree and experience to fit into the scheme of things at CR imo.    Good competition for Pilks, as has been said, and of an age where he can offer that extra help to some of the younger players.    On the gambling issue - only he knows how bad it is - but who knows, if he wants to sort out his gambling - a move to a club like ours could help him.  

Complete tool. Those of us who actualy go to games (a small minority I realise) might remember him getting himself sent off for persistently placing the ball for a corner outside the quadrant  despite being warned.

Has been who was never all that

To be fair to him he was done by the Snakepit there. The ball was hardly miles outside the line and the last time i''m not even sure it was outside the quadrant. Very funny at the time.

hardly makes him a complete tool. I think he would be a decent signing although I am not convinced we need another left winger and I think its unlikely to happen due to the fact he''s probably on good wages at Stoke.

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

Complete tool.

Those of us who actualy go to games (a small minority I realise) might remember him getting himself sent off for persistently placing the ball for a corner outside the quadrant  despite being warned.

Has been who was never all that

[/quote]

Is that a self portrait - if so, a fairly accurate one..............