Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Ewan Chester

Can anybody shed some light on Ewan Chester''s situation.

Wasn''t he supposed to have got an offer to be Chelsea''s head scout or something of that nature?

Does anybody know what happened there and how he ended up at Birmingham with CH.

As far as I''m aware, Chester and Lambert had a falling out, Chester left as he was expected to get a job at Chelsea, but then AVB got the manager''s job and didn''t want him. So, he was left in limbo and eventually signed for Birmingham.

Does anybody know what Mr Chester has achieved ?

If Chris Hughton wants him in, that is his decision and fair enough but I just wondered if anybody could list a few players EC has scouted and got into a club where they have gone on to be a success.

Mark .Y. 

All I know is that he was Head Scout at Glasgow Rangers for a number of years and is supposed to be good at setting up international scouting systems.

Ewan has done a lot more than you think and know already. He has been

responsible for most our signings over the last 2-3 seasons.

[quote user="GRIFFTER45"]Ewan has done a lot more than you think and know already. He has been

responsible for most our signings over the last 2-3 seasons.[/quote]Lambert said that Culverhouse told him which players to sign.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="GRIFFTER45"]Ewan has done a lot more than you think and know already. He has been

responsible for most our signings over the last 2-3 seasons.[/quote]Lambert said that Culverhouse told him which players to sign.[/quote]
You believe what Lambert says?

[quote user="GRIFFTER45"]Ewan has done a lot more than you think and know already. He has been responsible for most our signings over the last 2-3 seasons.[/quote]

Griff, please clarify.  Are you claiming that Ewan Chester has been responsible for most of our signings over the last 2-3 years EVEN when he was not employed by us but when he was employed by other clubs?[:^)]

Chester never went to Chelsea - [URL=http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/chester.htm/]Ewan Chester[/URL]

I will stand by what i have written but would not like to provide and sources or specific transfers as he was contractually obliged to another club. He was destined to head towards chelsea as he wanted to explore foreign scouting some what more but ended up at Birmingham.Ewan is an expert and extremely knowledgeable with the players in the British divisions.

[quote user="GRIFFTER45"]I will stand by what i have written but would not like to provide and sources or specific transfers as he was contractually obliged to another club.
He was destined to head towards chelsea as he wanted to explore foreign scouting some what more but ended up at Birmingham.Ewan is an expert and extremely knowledgeable with the players in the British divisions.
[/quote]

I have heard this as well.......

[quote user="Hog"]

[quote user="GRIFFTER45"]I will stand by what i have written but would not like to provide and sources or specific transfers as he was contractually obliged to another club.
He was destined to head towards chelsea as he wanted to explore foreign scouting some what more but ended up at Birmingham.Ewan is an expert and extremely knowledgeable with the players in the British divisions.
[/quote]

I have heard this as well.......

[/quote]

Interesting, but wouldn''t that surely be a conflict of interests?  Not just on the part of Chester being employed by another club and him undermining that, but also the other club potentially knowing our transfer targets etc and us theirs? 

Furthermore, does it also not undermine the job that our scout(s) were doing?

Ewan Chester left Norwich specifically to join Chris Hughton at Birmingham. Hughton had previously tried to take him to Newcastle. While he was waiting to finish his contract with Norwich and take up his new post at Birmingham, Chelsea offered him a position covering the north of England which he turned down. Chester and Villas Boas became good friends when they were at Fulham and Chelsea respectively. Chester was instrumental in the appointment of Lambert to Norwich having recommended him the David McNally who had been Chester''s CEO at Fulham.