Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

Replacement for holt.

I was more interested in this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/22706/7773572/The-20-year-table28th isn''t bad, we''ve only JUST caught up with the number of games Ipswich have played, and sit comfortably above them, too! Nice little stat zone, that.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]His buy out clause is a reported 9 million euros and heaven knows what his wages are[/quote]

Osasuna quite surely want to get rid of him at least in next summer if he doesnt want to continue in a team as he has contract until 2014 summer.

His estimated market value is between 2-3 million so it can be that they take offers of 5 to 6 million this summer maybe less if he puts out transfer request. Almost none gets bought out with buy out clause in La Liga :)

Osasunas average salary per player is under 10k £ per week and as he isnt their highest paid player, so it should be around that, if not lower.

Most likely we could afford him quite well, but different case is if he is worth of that money.

[quote user="manchesteryellow"]I was more interested in this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/22706/7773572/The-20-year-table28th isn''t bad, we''ve only JUST caught up with the number of games Ipswich have played, and sit comfortably above them, too! Nice little stat zone, that. [/quote]I suppose number of games is important as if you''re not in the PL, you''re by definition lower quality, but surely something like average points per game is a much more accurate way of measuring who''s on top?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="manchesteryellow"]I was more interested in this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/22706/7773572/The-20-year-table28th isn''t bad, we''ve only JUST caught up with the number of games Ipswich have played, and sit comfortably above them, too! Nice little stat zone, that. [/quote]I suppose number of games is important as if you''re not in the PL, you''re by definition lower quality, but surely something like average points per game is a much more accurate way of measuring who''s on top?[/quote]Somebody in the comments section worked out that with an average tally of 46.65 points per season in the Prem we are ranked 17th overall.

Save a million on Holt''s contract and spend many millions to replace him.... makes sense.   [:D]

I am not sure if there are any Grant Holt type strikers about within our price range.  Moro similar i.e. mobile, bustling, pressurises defenders and scores goals.  Not sure if any on the continent play this style.  May need to look for striker with different qualities maybe Taylor from Peterborough to replace Holt or Wilbraham, will be in our price range.  Even if Holt stays need additional striker to supplement the squad as cannot see Chris Martin staying.  So may need 2 replacement strikers to bring squad up to strength also unsure Jordan Rhodes is the answer, hope Chris H can pull a rabbit out of his hat, if we lose 15 goals next season only see a struggle to stay in the Division.

We may end up losing 15golas scored, but im pretty confident hughton is more cautious and can organise a defence batter than lambert so im confident we will be able to concede 15 less goals,which should even it out.ofcourse conceding less and scoring the same or more is preferable