Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

West Ham back again for Holt

I''m sorry, but am I the only person that thinks this is absolute bull?! Setanta have seen Surmans new deal and coupled it with Holty''s situation and come out with some poor journalism. 2+2=5.

And from Holt''s tweet, it seems if anything that he''s happy for the guy, not angry or jealous as is claimed...

With respect to Setanta they should focus on trying to provide a sports service people are actually prepared to pay money to watch. Rather than wasting time writing garbage such as this.

If I was someone at the club and saw this crud I''d be on the phone to the editor, it''s got to be unsettling for all concerned and I for one am getting hacked off with it all!

Interesting that we have gone out and given two players 3 year deals since Holt''s agent went public saying that is the issue.

or maybe just a complete co-incidence.

Personally I can;t wait for hughton to get back from holiday, speak with Holt and then we can try and bring this saga to an end one way or another. That conversation is going to be the key to whether or not this all gets resolved or Holt leaves.

I think it''s bull personally, but I''d like to hear what people''s interpretations of "#BitOfATriggerThough" means? The way I interpret that is slightly worrying so I''d like to hear what others think.

65k for Pavel Pog is crazy. Surman is premiership standard and 22k is a snip of what other clubs would probably be prepared to pay him.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]£22k per week for 3 years for Surman is just plain crazy.
[/quote]

I''m tempted to agree but I''m sure there are relegation clauses which allow a substantial wage cut........ well I hope so anyway !!!! 

[quote user="tom cavendish"]£22k per week for 3 years for Surman is just plain crazy.[/quote]

No it isn''t. Just because you don''t rate him that highly.

[quote user="kick it off"]I think it''s bull personally, but I''d like to hear what people''s interpretations of "#BitOfATriggerThough" means? The way I interpret that is slightly worrying so I''d like to hear what others think.[/quote]

You can relax. I believe trigger is a nickname used for Surman by some of the squad - presumably after the only fools and horses character. In the Q&A things he''s always being identified as being a bit of a space cadet.

It may well not be the true figure anyway but if he is on £22k then that is just a run of the mill premiership wage for a lower mid table club and we all need to get used to that. Clubs like Villa will be paying even their squad plyers £30k plus a week.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="kick it off"]I think it''s bull personally, but I''d like to hear what people''s interpretations of "#BitOfATriggerThough" means? The way I interpret that is slightly worrying so I''d like to hear what others think.[/quote]

You can relax. I believe trigger is a nickname used for Surman by some of the squad - presumably after the only fools and horses character. In the Q&A things he''s always being identified as being a bit of a space cadet.

[/quote]
Cheers for clearing that up, I did have a vague inkling that was the case, but obviously the word "trigger" used by Holt about someone else''s contract slightly worried me. Holt really needs to learn to be a bit less ambiguous in his tweeting!! [:D]

Trigger is a very common nickname. Usually given to the least intelligent member of the team.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]
Cheers for clearing that up, I did have a vague inkling that was the case, but obviously the word "trigger" used by Holt about someone else''s contract slightly worried me. Holt really needs to learn to be a bit less ambiguous in his tweeting!! [:D]
[/quote]

He would be better off if he lost his phone.![6] 

I understand Surman is intelligent, funny and popular so maybe ''trigger'' is used as an opposite.

Oh and those on here who seem to be gagging at the bit to have a go at Holt given any half cocked story - ffs get off the guys back.

Short memories eh? Let''s just wait until more info comes out... please

I think you will find that ''Trigger'' refers to Holt''s nick name for Surman, make of that what you will!             

Seems like very sloppy and lazy journalisim to me.

Holts Twitter " Well done to surs on his new deal well deserved done great the last 2 years for Norwich great lad 2."

Now, if he''s as angry as the report says,, he must be hiding it well.

As far as I''m concerened he''s a Norwich player till he puts pen to paper on another club''s contract. Lets hoope Hughton can iron out the mess and get him banging in another 15 goals for us.

Of course, if he does go to wet sham or someone else, I hope his shorts fall down every time he get''s near the goal.

[quote user="soixante"]

I think you will find that ''Trigger'' refers to Holt''s nick name for Surman, make of that what you will!             

[/quote]

Maybe he call every one "Dave" and regularly loses inflatable dolphins. 

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I understand Surman is intelligent, funny and popular so maybe ''trigger'' is used as an opposite.

Oh and those on here who seem to be gagging at the bit to have a go at Holt given any half cocked story - ffs get off the guys back.

Short memories eh? Let''s just wait until more info comes out... please[/quote]

I''ve never met him but he comes across quite well in interviews. In that case as you say the nickname probably ironic.

Re Holt - I agree. I don;t like how he''s gone about things and if he goes it will be very disappointing but for now I''m going to sit tight and see what happens. The situation may be retrievable and it doesn''t need the fans making it worse whilst the outcome is still up in the air. Slagging him off on the internet or twitter just risks making the situation less retrievable.

grant holt ‏@holty30

We''re do these people get there information,did they not see my tweet yesterday.

Holt just RT''d someones tweet to him and Mcnally about what I presume is the Sentanta article (link didn''t work for me).Hmm.

Odemwingie is on 35k a week and he''s scored goals for a solid PL side for a couple seasons now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="tom cavendish"]£22k per week for 3 years for Surman is just plain crazy.[/quote]

No it isn''t. Just because you don''t rate him that highly.[/quote]He only starts about 20 league games per season so that works out at about £57,000 per game.

Surman became an almost ever present for the second half of the season once he hit form following the Wolves game. Added to that, even squad players are going to be able to get 20k a week at most premiership clubs. If we want to keep hold of our best players, we need to start paying premiership wages.

As for the Holt thing - well Holt has clearly said the story was nonsense. Setanta seem to have missed the point that most of the argument seems to be about extending for a third year rather than wage increases. Surman, being significantly younger than Holt, is in a totally different boat on that front, and Holt - seemingly - isn''t even all that fussed about an increased wage, it''s the timescale.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]If I was someone at the club and saw this crud I''d be on the phone to the editor, it''s got to be unsettling for all concerned and I for one am getting hacked off with it all![/quote]

Spot on  mate. [Y]