Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

West Ham back again for Holt

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]Well, you''ll probably gather from my previous posts that I agree with the OP. He has just put it far more eloquently.[/quote]

Blimey Paul, that''s the funniest thing you''ve said since you stuck up for Cody Mac!!!
[/quote]

Not quite as funny though M''lud IMO as yourself professing the prolific CM as a striker better than Cody........ it''s all about opinions.

[/quote]

That''s interesting as I can''t remember ever sticking up for CM??????  Think that he should be on his way as well along with Elliott Ward and Leon Barnett!  That''s if we''re playing 5-a-side next year of course!  [:D]

afrodo1982: @davidmcnally62 @NorwichCityFC is it true we''ve accepted west hams bid for holt?

davidmcnally62: @afrodo1982 @NorwichCityFC no

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]And initially Iwan was replaced by the Doc, Ashton followed in the January[/quote]Yeah which lead several players to state that if Dean had been brought in in January that we''d have survived.And why are we comparing Manchester United losing Eric Cantona with us... Ridiculous analogy.

Well if any bid was £4m plus possible add ons of £1m then I am pleased we have rejected it because that is not enough. I know some people seem mad keen to bite anyone''s hand off for £5m but I think some people need to look at current transfer values and think what Holt is truly worth to us, and what it might take to get in a decent replacement. You can;t even buy the likes of Rodriguez or Rhodes for £5m and neither of them has the all round game or proven capabilities that Holt does.

If Hughton decides to sell (ultimately it will be his call and it will have to be based on his initial conversations with Holt and how reconcileable the differences are) then it needs to be for a very substantial, up front fee that enables us to get a decent replacement.

Us refusing to sell for £4m is not "getting personal with the kid" its us trying to get maximum value for one of our top players.

I agree with the poster above who says we should all just wait and see what happens before further slagging off Holty or making out that he has not been an integral part of our success. it may well all get resolved and he may stay iof we don;t burn our bridges any further. However, if he does go it needs to be for a big fee and in my view we should not be selling to the likes of West Ham who we will be competing with next season in the bottom half of the table.

As a final point someone at the club needs to start getting hold of these journalists who are writing thes nonsense stories (such as the Setanta one yesterday) and find out who is feeding them this crap because clearly behind the scenes this close season journalists are being fed stories and people are sh8t stirring and we need to get a grip of it. From what i know from friends in the media the clubs media department rule with an iron fist and are not always hugely accessible and i fear that this may be contributing to some of these rumours which seem to be surfacing with alarming regularity. Perhaps if we kept a few more of the national press guys a bit more onside then they would come to us first rather than simply printing cr*p they have been fed by agents.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Thanks wiz mate, it''s just how I feel.[/quote]

Really good to see you back on the forum WAY49, always enjoyed your posts

[/quote]

Thanks very much it''s good to be back, I think lol

What I don''t understand about Holt is, he tells us on twitter quite publically that he wants out, he tells us on twitter that he didnt say what the papers say he said about Surman''s new contract, so why can''t he tell us on twitter the reason he wants to leave because if he did that we might begin to understand.

Payne has already told us CA, namely that he is/was upset at things that have been said/done relating to the handling of his new contract request.

He must have been pretty offended to want to leave what he''d built here, but time is a great healer and Hughton''s arrival is the perfect opportunity to sort this out.

After Payne''s comments posted on the Pink'' Un homepage this morning I''m actually optimistic that he''ll be starting against Fulham for the 1st time since he handed his request in.

Or now push has come to shove. He doesn''t really fancy a move to the Smoke with his wife and three young girls.  And it''s dawned on him that if he puts his ego back in its box.  Hooton can help smooth things over and patch things up.Well it''s a possible...

[quote user="cityangel"]What I don''t understand about Holt is, he tells us on twitter quite publically that he wants out, he tells us on twitter that he didnt say what the papers say he said about Surman''s new contract, so why can''t he tell us on twitter the reason he wants to leave because if he did that we might begin to understand.[/quote]

Come on, cityangel, you''re a woman, you should be sympathetic to a little mystery being left in place.