Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

West Ham back again for Holt

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I dont know why you are all getting wound up. Like it or notHolt has 2 yrs to run on his contract so is going nowhere unless we allow it. If he was younger he would have an option of running down his contract and going on a bosman. at his age he does not have that option, Norwich despite all the bluster and hype hold all the aces and as said before there is noway he should be going to a relegation candisate like west ham[/quote]

So Norwich hold him to his contract and keep an unhappy player. Great thinking !!

Lets face it guys, Holt wants out. For whatever reason he doesn''t see his future at Norwich. I for one would prefer the club to get some money for him rather than let him sit unhappy playing for the reserves for 2 years. Sell him now for 4 or 5 million, he will never be worth that money again.

We all know that experience of having an old car which is well looked after and very reliable.  Consequently, it is worth far more to us as the owner than any sales valuation or insurance payment.   The market value could get you a similiar model or a complete dud because it is way below what the car means to its owner.   It is special and gives you much more than an equivilent apparently similiar model.

For me, Holt is that car and even £5m does not guarantee a suitable replacement.   The Club should do everything in its power including sacrificing an appropriate number of sheep or virgins to get Holt back on board.   If the rift cannot be healed (which I doubt because he is so committed to the club and area in so many ways) then sobeit but then he goes to auction and it''s best bid over £6m

What about moderic he was unhappy at the start of last season and he had a blinder even tevez was made to stay and helped them win the league. He should be told he is staying to help keep us up this season and if he still wants to goafter that, with 1 seasonstill on his contract he will be allowed to go. I dont buy this not wanting the odd so called unhappy player its all about being professional in the interests of player and club

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]What about moderic he was unhappy at the start of last season and he had a blinder even tevez was made to stay and helped them win the league. He should be told he is staying to help keep us up this season and if he still wants to goafter that, with 1 seasonstill on his contract he will be allowed to go. I dont buy this not wanting the odd so called unhappy player its all about being professional in the interests of player and club[/quote]

Well, I hope you''re right but I''m pretty sure you''re wrong.

Holty and Club, just kiss and make up.After all it was your agent(holt) that caused this problem for giving you the green light to sign your current contract, sack him.

[quote user="Dibs"]Holty and Club, just kiss and make up.After all it was your agent(holt) that caused this problem for giving you the green light to sign your current contract, sack him.[/quote]HE DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

We all know that experience of having an old car which is well looked after and very reliable.  Consequently, it is worth far more to us as the owner than any sales valuation or insurance payment.   The market value could get you a similiar model or a complete dud because it is way below what the car means to its owner.   It is special and gives you much more than an equivilent apparently similiar model.

For me, Holt is that car and even £5m does not guarantee a suitable replacement.   The Club should do everything in its power including sacrificing an appropriate number of sheep or virgins to get Holt back on board.   If the rift cannot be healed (which I doubt because he is so committed to the club and area in so many ways) then sobeit but then he goes to auction and it''s best bid over £6m

[/quote]

But, to continue with your car analogy, CC, we are all equally familiar with the car that''s given good service, but as it gets older , things start to go wrong, and it ends up spending more time in the garage, having things fixed than it does on the road for you. And the guy up the road offers you good money for your "nice little runabout", and you take the money, and pile off down to the dealership for a brand new model.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Dibs"]Holty and Club, just kiss and make up.After all it was your agent(holt) that caused this problem for giving you the green light to sign your current contract, sack him.[/quote]HE DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE!

[/quote]No he probably doesn''t, but he has two more years here and we might aswell get along.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

But, to continue with your car analogy, CC, we are all equally familiar with the car that''s given good service, but as it gets older , things start to go wrong, and it ends up spending more time in the garage, having things fixed than it does on the road for you. And the guy up the road offers you good money for your "nice little runabout", and you take the money, and pile off down to the dealership for a brand new model.

[/quote]Not a brilliant analogy because a brand new model will probably cost 10 if not 15 times what you got for your runabout. And you still don''t know for sure whether it will do the job you need it for.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

New models are no guarantee of reliability. Selling your current one that has a great record for being reliable when it has not had one break down and getting a much more expensive model with inevitable teething problems could lose you your job if you can''t get to work.

Oh dear [*-)], so should I sell my old car and get a new one, or should I just keep the old one?

[quote user="E.L.F."]Oh dear [*-)], so should I sell my old car and get a new one, or should I just keep the old one?
[/quote]

Cars are just a means to get around. I''ve had mine for 12 years and the previous one for 20 years. Reliability is the key and don''t buy second-hand without being aware of a good history of performance at a good level. New cars depreciate very quickly, 30% as soon as you drive them off of the forecourt so beware inflated prices !!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="E.L.F."]Oh dear [*-)], so should I sell my old car and get a new one, or should I just keep the old one?[/quote]

Cars are just a means to get around. I''ve had mine for 12 years and the previous one for 20 years. Reliability is the key and don''t buy second-hand without being aware of a good history of performance at a good level. New cars depreciate very quickly, 30% as soon as you drive them off of the forecourt so beware inflated prices !!!

[/quote]I hear you Paul.  I know my own needs and what I need from an automobile, I know I get from my 1975 Chrysler Cordoba.  I could ask for nothing more beyond the quality of Cordoba''s workmanship, the tastefulness of it''s appearance.  I request nothing beyond the thickly cushioned luxury of seats available in soft Corinthian leather.  Yet it is on the highway that the Cordoba best answers my demands.  I have much more in this small Chrysler than great comfort and a most pleasant price.  In Cordoba, I have what I need.The only problem is the fact that replacement fan belts are impossible to get on the island so I am forced to use an old pair of me wife''s thong unmentionables to keep me going.  Any thoughts?

[quote user="E.L.F."][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="E.L.F."]Oh dear [*-)], so should I sell my old car and get a new one, or should I just keep the old one?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear you Paul.  I know my own needs and what I need from an automobile, I know I get from my 1975 Chrysler Cordoba.  I could ask for nothing more beyond the quality of Cordoba''s workmanship, the tastefulness of it''s appearance.  I request nothing beyond the thickly cushioned luxury of seats available in soft Corinthian leather.  Yet it is on the highway that the Cordoba best answers my demands.  I have much more in this small Chrysler than great comfort and a most pleasant price.  In Cordoba, I have what I need.

The only problem is the fact that replacement fan belts are impossible to get on the island so I am forced to use an old pair of me wife''s thong unmentionables to keep me going.  Any thoughts?
[/quote]

In that instance you''ve obviously kept it too long. As I said in my case I have had excellent reliability (touch wood) so will simply not sell until it starts to fail me. Many new cars replete with all the latest technology have suffered recalls for serious defects !!!  

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Not a brilliant analogy because a brand new model will probably cost 10 if not 15 times what you got for your runabout. And you still don''t know for sure whether it will do the job you need it for.
[/quote]

Don''t really follow the logic of that NS. Presumably if you sell your 10 yo Mondeo and then toddle off to your friendly local Ford dealer to buy a brand new Mondeo, you''re pretty sure that your new purchase will basically do the same job as your old one ? The point about price is fair enough, but there again ,footballers appreciate in value (for a while !) but cars depreciate from the word go.

To be fair, it wasn''t me that started this comparison with cars idea in the first place !!

Similar age groups despite being different types of players:-Peter Odemwingie - 31 supposedly leaving WBA this season for around £8m - Nigerian int''lPeter Crouch - 31 Went to Stoke for £10m! - England int''lRicke Lambert - 30 Valued at £3m+ - no PL exp. - no int''l exp.Steven Fletcher - 25 - Valued at £12m! - 2 yrs PL exp. - 8 scotland caps

Grant Holt 31 PL Proven - supposedly near int''l quality - Valued at £5m? WTF

[quote user="TheRock"]Similar age groups despite being different types of players:-Peter Odemwingie - 31 supposedly leaving WBA this season for around £8m - Nigerian int''lPeter Crouch - 31 Went to Stoke for £10m! - England int''lRicke Lambert - 30 Valued at £3m+ - no PL exp. - no int''l exp.Steven Fletcher - 25 - Valued at £12m! - 2 yrs PL exp. - 8 scotland caps

Grant Holt 31 PL Proven - supposedly near int''l quality - Valued at £5m? WTF[/quote]There is no way that Southampton would sell Rickie Lambert this summer for only £3m, and his wage demands would be higher than any Norwich player.

Holt doesn''t want to be here so sell him rather than have a disruptive element around the club.

Anything over £3.5m would do nicely thank you.

Holt suited Norwich and Norwich suited Holt.

Whether he stays or goes you won''t get another 15 goal season out of him either way.

Houghton no matter what he said at his preference may have other ideas about the strike force anyway.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]£3.5m is an effing joke.[/quote]

Its a cockney conn, they will make sure he is benched enought times so they won''t have to pay the extra,  

2 things:I think we can all tell even without the so called ''phantom sources'' who claim to have the inside loop that GH hates being on the bench. A deal based on appearances will surely mean GH spends more time on the bench especially when you take into account the owners at WHU.Another thing GH isn''t a selfish player he often passes when he could shoot. So his value should be seen as more than just the goals he''s scored.

Lets face it, despite Holt''s agent drumming up his clients availability there has hardly been a rush of clubs coming in for him at any price. Combined with Hodgson''s rejection of him it might be time to recognise that his reputation is not as great in the football world outside Carrow Road.

If the truth be known I don''t think Lambert rates him that highly either

grant holt ‏@holty30

Well done to surs on his new deal well deserved done great the last 2 years for Norwich great lad 2. #bitofatriggerthough

He was obviously hoping it would be 40K a week so he could put pressure on the board to help his own case. No wonder he''s angry !!