Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Holts Agent is in the press again Lee Payne'intheass!

I quite like the sound of this quote though:“It is difficult to make any comment with Chris Hughton out of the country and I wouldn’t want to comment either way until Chris is back,” said Payne.Makes it sound like they''re waiting for CH to return to continue talks..

No he''s taking 2 weeks, most people get 4 weeks in a year, and as a football manager he''s not going to get much more opportunity for urns the year.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Is it just me, or does it seem like Hughton is taking the longest holiday on record ?

[/quote]

Perhaps it''s me, but I would have thought that being given a brand new job as the manager of a Premier league team would come above a fortnight''s holiday in a caravan at Hemsby.

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Is it just me, or does it seem like Hughton is taking the longest holiday on record ?[/quote]

Perhaps it''s me, but I would have thought that being given a brand new job as the manager of a Premier league team would come above a fortnight''s holiday in a caravan at Hemsby.

[/quote]Yes it is just you. I''d rather Hughton take a month off if it meant he was refreshed and raring to go than go from working 6/7 days a week for 2 years without a holiday.

But why? All the players are on holidays etc. Why doesn''t a football manager deserve one? He said he''s got video''s of all of Norwich''s games last season to watch on holiday too, so I would go so far as to say that he''s not actually on holiday. I''m also sure he has his phone / laptop / iPad with him too to conduct any business he feels he needs to. With the power of Twitter / Skype etc, you really don''t need to be in the same country now to do a job.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Is it just me, or does it seem like Hughton is taking the longest holiday on record ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]

I quite like the sound of this quote though:

“It is difficult to make any comment with Chris Hughton out of the country and I wouldn’t want to comment either way until Chris is back,” said Payne.

Makes it sound like they''re waiting for CH to return to continue talks..

[/quote]

This.

[quote user="peter2704"]But why? All the players are on holidays etc. Why doesn''t a football manager deserve one? He said he''s got video''s of all of Norwich''s games last season to watch on holiday too, so I would go so far as to say that he''s not actually on holiday. I''m also sure he has his phone / laptop / iPad with him too to conduct any business he feels he needs to. With the power of Twitter / Skype etc, you really don''t need to be in the same country now to do a job.[/quote]Precisely.  Or does everyone still work with telegrams in Norfolk?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Is it just me, or does it seem like Hughton is taking the longest holiday on record ?[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, :-/ At risk of being controversial I kinda agree that he should have come in and got on with the job. Im gonna try that though, get a new job and say "guys, my old employer had me down for a months holiday starting the day after Im due to start with you guys... I trust you will honor this ?"Although what was said about him being refreshed is a fair point as well !Bah just bored of all this non action and bored Twitter rumor morons  :)

Employers do tend to honour already booked holiday? And he hasn''t taken a month off, he''s taken two weeks. And as you can tell by the lack of transfer activity at every club, him being here with other staff on holiday, as well as the players, well what exactly would he be doing? He deserves the break, yeah for us it''s a bit annoying nothing has happend in his first two weeks, but what happens in the next 7/8 weeks before Fulham away is what really matters.

And at risk of being hanged at mentioning him, who has Lambert signed?

He likes to get business done quickly, and he''s done nothing other than get rid of a long serving member of staff and told Hutton to get lost.

Without a doubt Hughton is still ''working''.. he''ll have given any transfer targets to the board to put into motion and whilst he''s been away other bits of business have been tied up such as Surmans and Martins new deals.I''d rather he took his holiday now than closer to the start of the season, and as I said before I''d rather he took a holiday and refreshed than started the season without a break.

"The Independent are saying Holt and agent are waiting for more talks with Hughton."

The Sky Sports News website said the same earlier today.

Sounds like Holt and/or his agent are now willing to talk, which is a change from the previous "Holt categorically wants to leave Norwich" stance.

Maybe the lack of bids, or their turning-down by McNally, have made them realise that Holt''s current deal is the best he can get at the moment and want to use Hughton as the "new man in" to save face. If this report is true, it sounds to me like burning bridges could slowly be extinguished.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]The Independent are saying Holt and agent are waiting for more talks with Hughton.[/quote]I would suggest the Independent are saying that because of the comments made by Payne

I am no more or less confident about grant wanting to stay now than I was before.   He may be looking to talk to CH to say I am now happy to stay, or to persuade him to add another year to the contract, tell CH that he still wants to leave, just hear what CH has to say or seek an assurance that he will play every game - who knows.

As for the length of the contract, both Surman and Martin are mid 20s making a 3 year deal far more sensible than a 31 year old.   Plenty more to go on this one yet - but what will happen will happen no matter how much we speculate or try to predict what happens next.  

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you expecting him to upset his family by cancelling his 14 day prebooked family holiday in Florida when he wont get another break from Mon 25th June until probably June 2013

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I am no more or less confident about grant wanting to stay now than I was before.   He may be looking to talk to CH to say I am now happy to stay, or to persuade him to add another year to the contract, tell CH that he still wants to leave, just hear what CH has to say or seek an assurance that he will play every game - who knows.

As for the length of the contract, both Surman and Martin are mid 20s making a 3 year deal far more sensible than a 31 year old.   Plenty more to go on this one yet - but what will happen will happen no matter how much we speculate or try to predict what happens next.  

[/quote]

I don;t see a problem in principle with Holt having a 3 year deal. He''s not a player who relies hugely on pace and in the context of the modern game plenty of players play on well beyond 34.

I''m guess that the problem might be him wanting a 3 year deal at an increased salary level, not simply the fact its a three year deal.  would still think, however, a compromise could be brokered with a review of his salary after 2 years based upon his performance over the previous 2 seasons. he could either stay on that performance related salary or perhaps have an option to leave if he wants to and thinks he can get better elsewhere. Provided any deal also builds in a relegation clause then I don;t really see giving him a 3 year deal and too much of a risk.

Time can be a healer and the break that people will have had should have allowed them to take stock and assess what they really want.    Do the club really want to keep him?  Does he really want to go or has the situation just got out of hand?     Will the CH factor be the deciding one?   I think that no (real) news has been good news.    It offers the chance for everyone to get what they really want.   I hope he stays as I still think that he has a big contribution to make and  to get someone else in to fill that void if he left, would be difficult.   Also, with the strikers as we have them now there is room for another one which would add something.   With Holt, Morison, Vaughan, Jackson + another - things would look great for next season in the strikers dept.

Wiz, I''m afraid your about to get a bit of abuse from a few posters.

That''s nothing new, in one or two other Holt threads today, it''s already been mentioned. That article is just repeating what his agent has said.

There is nothing new here. all these national news agencies are just rehashing the earlier quotes from Payne about making no decisions until they have spoken to the Hoot.

Fine talks are fine, but I hope this means that a decision will be made very quickly next week. It does look like interest has been low and certainly no club is going to sign him on a three year contract. West Ham as mentioned would still not have him as a guaranteed starter. He has it good here.Personally if he stays, he stays... if he goes he goes. We need a new striker in any case and I think this striker has to offer more than Holty and hence Holty becomes number 2 with Morison and Vaughan pushing for that spot and competing with Holty. Holty will not be a starter in 2 years time if he wants a three year contract. So I still see a 2 year deal being ideal and maybe a possible extension if he wants that, but 3 years is too long. We need new strikers in this club and to move forward. If Holty is starting in two years then we have not moved forward.Just hope it is resolved quickly, I do think Holty realises he is not in that strong a position he thought he was. We need a new striker and I would expect us to look at a new one next summer if Jackson, Morison and Vaughan are struggling and we are still in this league.

He''s just a man looking after his family''s interest as we all are. Yes, he gets paid more than most of us can dream about, but thats football. If we all got the chance to double our wages, would we turn it down because we like the accolade our job gets us, No, we pay for our children and our future. So please let us offer Grant the contract he deserves. If he leaves I will be gutted, but as a father I will understand. I will thank him for what he has done and wish him good luck for the future.But life at NCFC will go on with or without him.NCFC forever!!