Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Holt next?

Russ Martin, Surman and now Ruddy all signing new deals, does this mean Holt will stay and sign a new deal now? I would like to see it happen even if he has gone down in my estimation for asking to leave!!

I''m past caring to be honest, if he stays I will support him as any other player, if he goes, oh well, we move on! It''s a shame he couldn''t have been as patient as the other players who have now got improved contracts!

I reckon we will know either way by wednesday evening, Hughton needs to start planning, so make yr mind up Holt........

I am with yellows49... Holt has found that he is actually prob at the only club who will give him first team football and a contract.I still think we need to bring in a better striker and then maybe next season we will need to look at replacing Holt in the next two years.

[quote user="smooth"]I am with yellows49... Holt has found that he is actually prob at the only club who will give him first team football and a contract.I still think we need to bring in a better striker and then maybe next season we will need to look at replacing Holt in the next two years.[/quote]

Urrrr what?! What on Earth has given you that impression?

My mum used to say patience is a virtue and always pays off, maybe he wasnt taught the same thing lol!

I''d Sooner he''d have been patient and not said anything especially on twitter, in my opinion he didn''t think it through properly.

Such a shame.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My mum used to say patience is a virtue and always pays off, maybe he wasnt taught the same thing lol!

I''d Sooner he''d have been patient and not said anything especially on twitter, in my opinion he didn''t think it through properly.

Such a shame.[/quote]Likewise I bet for every fan like you who wishes he hadn''t said his thought on Twitter there is someone who wishes he had said more on Twitter [:)]

All I know is that NCFC is better with Holt here than if he leaves. It''s the club that''s important and he''s important to the club. That''s enough for me and I hope he stays.

Think i''m just saying what everyone else is saying, if only he had been a little patient and respectful to the club and other players, rather than think he is the only one that matters he would have got his contract!

Now he looks like a spoil brat, and his mates are having a laugh!

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

Think i''m just saying what everyone else is saying, if only he had been a little patient and respectful to the club and other players, rather than think he is the only one that matters he would have got his contract!

Now he looks like a spoil brat, and his mates are having a laugh!

[/quote]

We don''t really know the facts, but it appears as if the agent has pushed things to crisis point.  Holt may feel legitimately agrieved, but until we know more,  I would give him the benefit of the doubt - he''s earnt at least that for his performances over the last three years.    Lack of information is the problem, not Holt.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My mum used to say patience is a virtue and always pays off, maybe he wasnt taught the same thing lol! I''d Sooner he''d have been patient and not said anything especially on twitter, in my opinion he didn''t think it through properly. Such a shame.[/quote]

Likewise I bet for every fan like you who wishes he hadn''t said his thought on Twitter there is someone who wishes he had said more on Twitter [:)]
[/quote]

Hmmmm. Just as you never hear anyone on their death-bed say "I wish I''d spent more time at the office ", in the future I doubt if you ever hear anyone say "I wish I''d spent more time on Twitter".

These thinks should always happen behind closed doors unless of course you want to try to manipulate. It was Holt/Agent who bought this in the open so who is trying to manipulate. More to the point, is Holt been advised to do these things by LP.

If you choose to go on Twitter, fine, but with that come responsibility. Think before you push that send button, look to see if there is a #tag and dont comment on confidential contractual information. Holty/Agent have ignored all that.

Like I said couple of weeks ago, someone should have take Holty''s phone off him, cut off his broadband and stopped him from going near an internet cafe.

The carp about "my own views" doesnt give you the right to say and do as you like. The bloke who hurled racial abuse at the 2 Ashleys doesnt have a right to do that just because it is his own warped view. You would get arrested if you did it in the street and tweeting is just the same as doing just that.

You have a very limited amount of characters to use with twitter and getting a point over can be difficult.If you cant. Dont. Simples

I think NCFC have handled this very well, they have been baited, accused, and bullied into having to make comments which they shouldnt have. The club has made it clear how they go about renewing contracts and from what I can see done it very well.

Of course you have to sort out players without contracts 1st.Those players become unemployed with no wages coming in (I wont go into if they actually be the pauper like Zak W claims...) What gives someone who has the security of income for another 2 years over the rights of those players.

Now maybe we can all stop worrying and allow our new very able manager do what he can to sort this mess out. Either way CH will have my 100% backing to make the right decision for NCFC

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My mum used to say patience is a virtue and always pays off, maybe he wasnt taught the same thing lol! I''d Sooner he''d have been patient and not said anything especially on twitter, in my opinion he didn''t think it through properly. Such a shame.[/quote]Likewise I bet for every fan like you who wishes he hadn''t said his thought on Twitter there is someone who wishes he had said more on Twitter [:)][/quote]

Hmmmm. Just as you never hear anyone on their death-bed say "I wish I''d spent more time at the office ", in the future I doubt if you ever hear anyone say "I wish I''d spent more time on Twitter".

[/quote]I think you''ve misunderstood my point. My point was that for every fan who wishes GH wouldn''t tweet about his future there is one who wishes GH would tweet more about his future.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I''m past caring to be honest, if he stays I will support him as any other player, if he goes, oh well, we move on! It''s a shame he couldn''t have been as patient as the other players who have now got improved contracts![/quote]

I''m with you WAY, past caring, if he stays all well and good, if he goes, then we move on and get a replacement in.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My mum used to say patience is a virtue and always pays off, maybe he wasnt taught the same thing lol! I''d Sooner he''d have been patient and not said anything especially on twitter, in my opinion he didn''t think it through properly. Such a shame.[/quote].....and "everything comes to he who waits " was another standard when i was a lad.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]My mum used to say patience is a virtue and always pays off, maybe he wasnt taught the same thing lol! I''d Sooner he''d have been patient and not said anything especially on twitter, in my opinion he didn''t think it through properly. Such a shame.[/quote].....and "everything comes to he who waits " was another standard when i was a lad.[/quote]

Ah but, a stitch in time saves nine!

Which is Grant Holt''s squad number!................ An Omen I tell you - AN OMEN!!

I think everyone is now resigned to the fact he did put in a determined and serious transfer request and will accept whatever the outcome is without high degrees of emotive reaction (they were all worn out in the wake of the initial shock). 

I would let him go for no other reason than he will need replacing in two years time anyway and £5-6 million for him now would be a fantastic deal . Add to that he may struggle to get anywhere near his 15 goal tally of this season again and its a real no brainer , £5 -6 million goes a hell of a long way to buying you a good young striker . Lets not forget also Holt really is not that bothered about being at Norwich or he would not have made it so clear he wants out .

[quote user="Ncfc"]I would let him go for no other reason than he will need replacing in two years time anyway and £5-6 million for him now would be a fantastic deal . Add to that he may struggle to get anywhere near his 15 goal tally of this season again and its a real no brainer , £5 -6 million goes a hell of a long way to buying you a good young striker . Lets not forget also Holt really is not that bothered about being at Norwich or he would not have made it so clear he wants out .[/quote]

Just one more good season for us from Holt would be worth much more than £5-6million for the club when you look at the new tv deal and the likely riches if we can stay up. If we are still a premier league club in 2 years time funding a replacement for Holt will not be a problem.

If, therefore it can be sorted out then i hope Holt stays. However only if it can be fully sorted out so he is fully committed.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="smooth"]I am with yellows49... Holt has found that he is actually prob at the only club who will give him first team football and a contract.I still think we need to bring in a better striker and then maybe next season we will need to look at replacing Holt in the next two years.[/quote]

Urrrr what?! What on Earth has given you that impression?[/quote]the lack of clubs beating the door down to sign him might be a small indicator....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="smooth"]I am with yellows49... Holt has found that he is actually prob at the only club who will give him first team football and a contract.I still think we need to bring in a better striker and then maybe next season we will need to look at replacing Holt in the next two years.[/quote]

Urrrr what?! What on Earth has given you that impression?[/quote]the lack of clubs beating the door down to sign him might be a small indicator....

[/quote]There was as much speculation about Holt going to other clubs as there ever is about a player who eventually does move clubs. And those players don''t have the Chief Exec coming out in the press every week saying the player isn''t for sale.

Even if he stays, he will have lost his special status as a NCFC legend. Maybe this will be a good thing, and we can view him more realistically as just another player (albeit a very good one) passing through.The club is permanent. The fans are in it for life. Players and managers are just temporary figures, here today and gone tomorrow.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]Even if he stays, he will have lost his special status as a NCFC legend. Maybe this will be a good thing, and we can view him more realistically as just another player (albeit a very good one) passing through.The club is permanent. The fans are in it for life. Players and managers are just temporary figures, here today and gone tomorrow.[/quote]
If he stays or if he goes, he will always be a legend to me (unless he joins Ips**t)