Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Rangers FC to be liquidated

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18410999The first and probably not the last. Just as well we didn''t sell them Holt in January.

How can it be fair that they can be reinstated at SPL level? Surely they should have to start at the bottom of the ladder and work their way back. What a farce.

[quote user="Phyxius"]Apparently good old Doomcaster will decide their fate.[/quote]And whichever way it goes this could make old Doomy the least popular Englishman in Scotland since Hugh de Gressingham.LOL!!

Do they have anybody left worth signing? Only ones I can think of in their squad who might be worth picking up on the cheap are Maurice Edu and maybe Aluko?

The SPL will decide whether to elect Rangers back in. Which I would imagine is a virtual certainty. These clubs are not going to deny themselves less gate receipts and a more attractive TV deal which Rangers would bring. The sad reality of the situation is that both Rangers and Celtic are bigger than the SPL which would lose any remaining credibility as a competition if either team is absent.  

[quote user="Jacko"]

The SPL will decide whether to elect Rangers back in. Which I would imagine is a virtual certainty. These clubs are not going to deny themselves less gate receipts and a more attractive TV deal which Rangers would bring. The sad reality of the situation is that both Rangers and Celtic are bigger than the SPL which would lose any remaining credibility as a competition if either team is absent.  

[/quote]

Which begs the question where is the punishment ?

It all boils down to money and the other Scottish clubs desperately need them to survive. They should be hammered for it.... but of course they won''t be.Jocko football is a laughing stock.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Do they have anybody left worth signing? Only ones I can think of in their squad who might be worth picking up on the cheap are Maurice Edu and maybe Aluko?[/quote]

I am not an expert on Ranger''s players, but if there were in any worth signing and not necessarily first teamers but good youngsters, then I''d suspect we are pretty will placed having Ewan Chester.

[quote user="yoda"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

Which begs the question where is the punishment ?[/quote]

I think the only punishment is that they wouldn''t be allowed to compete in Europe for 3 years. Presumably as a new club as well technically they have won no honours and the new Rangers FC will only refer to events of June 2012 onwards. The big losers once again are the taxpayer and any local creditors who were offered the frankly insulting figure of 1p in every £1 for the CVA. The poster who made the point about Darlington is bang on the money. What kind of message does it send out if Rangers are re-elected. Darlington and their supporters trust tried everything to pay creditors what they were owed and to keep the original club alive. The could have taken the easy option and reformed as a phoenix club leaving all that behind but didnt. The FA still shafted them and they would have been better off walking away from all that baggage.

I wondered that. What also happens to the player registrations and contracts. Can they be transferred to a new company?

[quote user="Jacko"]

I wondered that. What also happens to the player registrations and contracts. Can they be transferred to a new company?

[/quote]i guess they will all be released on a free then re signed again the same day?

I think there new name will be Glasgow Rangers FC as that is how many refer to them anyway.

I dont think fans of other SPL clubs should suffer just because Rangers fu cked up and ultimately this is what would happen if they were booted out of the SPL and lossed essential revenue, I do think more longer term penalties should be enforced including Mr Doomcaster being made club CEO as they would never overspend again with mr prudence at the helm.

"newco Rangers is set to have its application to become an SPL club

rejected, after St Johnstone joined Aberdeen, Inverness Caledonian

Thistle, Hibernian, Hearts and Dundee United in indicating they would

refuse to back the move. The application is to be voted on on 4 July and

requires an 8-4 majority
."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18582965And they are facing opposition from div 1 clubs already leaving it likely they''ll have to apply to join the scottish football league at the bottom tier which tbh will be about their correct level after the impending player exodus.

As the EPL sign a eye-watering TV deal the SPL will now be worthless !

Dont know what the share of TV money is for all the different clubs but TV companies only buy the rights for fixtures between 2 teams.

In the spast the only player I would have been interested in was John Fleck, but that was when we were in the Championship.

I''m not sure any Rangers players could really cut it at a decent premiership level.

I have to say, I congratulate the teams in SPL, it would be too easy to look at the financial implications and voting to allow them back in…..Then what would be the penalty for them to have been liquidated.

Have you noticed that since it looks like not being allowed back in the SPL the players are rejecting the contracts.

This is as it should be, thrown into the bottom league and made to start from scratch, not just be allowed to rise again!

This should be the automatic penalty for any club going into administration, all assets sold, players sold or allowed to go and sent to the bottom division!

Look at Southampton, three years ago they were in the same division took the easy option and look how strong financially they are now!

[quote user="Indy"]

I have to say, I congratulate the teams in SPL, it would be too easy to look at the financial implications and voting to allow them back in…..Then what would be the penalty for them to have been liquidated.

[/quote]

I noticed that both of the main Edinburgh sides, Hearts and Hibs, voted against Rangers and it crossed my mind that this could be more to do with strategy and history than pure finance. Do they perhaps finally see a chance to end Glasgow''s virtual domination of the game up there? They would surely become stronger without Rangers in the Scottish Premier League after all. To say nothing of a greater chance of European qualification.

This will change the domestic football scene in Scotland for good, and for the better IMO. It has beeen pretty dire for so long as a virtual two horse race most of the time.

Any Scottish fans on here might well dispute this deduction. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

I noticed that both of the main Edinburgh sides, Hearts and Hibs, voted against Rangers and it crossed my mind that this could be more to do with strategy and history than pure finance. Do they perhaps finally see a chance to end Glasgow''s virtual domination of the game up there? They would surely become stronger without Rangers in the Scottish Premier League after all. To say nothing of a greater chance of European qualification.

This will change the domestic football scene in Scotland for good, and for the better IMO. It has beeen pretty dire for so long as a virtual two horse race most of the time.

Any Scottish fans on here might well dispute this deduction. 

[/quote]

Because it will now be a 1 horse race!

[:^)]

"Because it will now be a 1 horse race!"

We''ll see.

There might well be wider implications than that, as I suggested.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

We''ll see.

[/quote]to start off with yes, it will be a 1 horse race... but 3 years worth of champions league qualification for Aberdeen/Motherwell/Hearts/Hibs will close this gap...the clubs have voted the right way imo.. Games against Rangers were lucrative, but how much more money will the likes of Manchester City, Barcelona, Juventus bring to Pittodrie or Easter Road?Rangers going bankrupt is the best thing to happen to Scottish football.. give it 3 years and there will be a different name on the SPL title, different sides competing in Europe and greater interest in Scottish football with it being "anyones game".

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

We''ll see.

[/quote]to start off with yes, it will be a 1 horse race... but 3 years worth of champions league qualification for Aberdeen/Motherwell/Hearts/Hibs will close this gap...the clubs have voted the right way imo.. Games against Rangers were lucrative, but how much more money will the likes of Manchester City, Barcelona, Juventus bring to Pittodrie or Easter Road?Rangers going bankrupt is the best thing to happen to Scottish football.. give it 3 years and there will be a different name on the SPL title, different sides competing in Europe and greater interest in Scottish football with it being "anyones game".

[/quote]I definitely agree with that. But I think that scenario is FAR from certain. It''s on a knife edge and the alternative is the demise of the SPL.Bold and brave by the other teams - they stand to have a chance in fighting for second place between 3/4 clubs for this opportunity they''ve put their entire league at stake.