Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Celtic Game Moved

Train tickets for 9 people bookedHotels bookedDays of work bookedAn absolute f**king disgrace from Celtic and Norwich City to not be able to organise a pre-season match without the need to move it.http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2819659,00.htmlI don''t give a f**k if Celtic are greatful to NCFC, what about the fans of both clubs who have made arrangements?

Weird that conversations with the SFA didn''t happen before the initial date was set. Very inconsiderate. It isnt exactly a stroll down the road.

Very very p1ssed off! Non refundable hotel booked and paid for. Minibus booked. Time off work booked. My kids were so excited don''t know if affordable now with changes. Feel like the fans have been shafted

Just phone up and say you have died (obviously call posing as a relative!) They won''t be heartless bastards and will cancel the booking and refund the money....

Then just get somone else to book everything in their name.... Jobs a goodun, hotel non the wiser and you not out of pocket.....

Tomorrow I teach you how to get free sky sports.....

You''re lucky then! 3 of us were going up for a few days now this has messed it up a bit.

Emailed both NCFC and Celtic however I only expect the normal "oh we''re so sorry response"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Just phone up and say you have died (obviously call posing as a relative!) They won''t be heartless bastards and will cancel the booking and refund the money....

Then just get somone else to book everything in their name.... Jobs a goodun, hotel non the wiser and you not out of pocket.....

Tomorrow I teach you how to get free sky sports.....[/quote]The bit in brackets might be worth remembering while you''re on the ''phone....[:D]

Just had a look at the Olympic schedule to see what event that the city of Glasgow isn''t able to cope with on the same day as the Celtic v Norwich match..

Wedsnesday 25th July

Hampden Park.

Womens football preliminary round

USA v France

Colombia v N.Korea

I too have been screwed over by this. Non-refundable train tickets. Unbelievable incompetence from, I suspect, all parties.

Perhaps it might be appropriate if Norwich City were to refund the fans who are now significantly out of pocket through no fault of their own using the £20,000 prize the club were awarded last month for the good behaviour of those very fans over the season. Just a thought.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Train tickets for 9 people booked
Hotels booked
Days of work booked

An absolute f**king disgrace from Celtic and Norwich City to not be able to organise a pre-season match without the need to move it.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2819659,00.html

I don''t give a f**k if Celtic are greatful to NCFC, what about the fans of both clubs who have made arrangements?
[/quote]

Thats not nice Matt, might be worth tweeting McNally and see what he says.

Play the dead card.....trust me... It will work....

This is coming from the chap who once enjoyed 1st class on a train from ipswich to Norwich on just a day ranger ticket...

McNally just tweeted it was a move it or cancel it situation. So I suppose for those of you who can change it is the better deal, otherwise everyone would of lost out.

Really fuming about this, total cock up from all parties. I had trains

and a hotel booked for me and a mate. Managed to change the train

tickets up to Glasgow from Wedneday to Tuesday for a cost of £36, and booked

another night in the hotel for £47. As Wednesday in the hotel was non-refundable we''re now going to stay 2 nights in Glasgow. At the very least all of us who are out of pocket should get free entry to the game. Might go along to the womans Olympic football at Hampden and sing On The Ball City for 90 mins as a protest!

Not City''s fault. They can''t be expected to know what''s going on in Glasgow when they''re agreeing to pre-season friendlies.

Fact is, few people up here are bothered with the Olympic football anyway - wouldn''t be surprised if they ended up giving tickets away. Moving this match won''t make much difference to the attendance at Hampden.

You''d better get use to this we''re in the Premiership now and all the fixtures that were released this week, I ''m willing to bet probably 40% will be changed from the dates announced.

For god sake You''re only Fans. 

Seriously feel sorry for those of you who are trying to support the team away from home. I have been invited to attend the Spurs away game but can''t commit until Sky announce there schedule.

Why don''t sky just say what games they want when and work the other fixture around this?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

You''d better get use to this we''re in the Premiership now and all the fixtures that were released this week, I ''m willing to bet probably 40% will be changed from the dates announced.

Seriously feel sorry for those of you who are trying to support the team away from home. I have been invited to attend the Spurs away game but can''t commit until Sky announce there schedule.

Why don''t sky just say what games they want when and work the other fixture around this?

[/quote]Different situation.If we want the TV companies money we have to do what they say but that''s no excuse for a friendly being moved.

Just finished sorting out the Capital Canaries travel, cost a total of £267.45 in fees and additional fares.  Now it''s time to look at the hotels....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

Different situation.

If we want the TV companies money we have to do what they say but that''s no excuse for a friendly being moved.
[/quote]

I fully accept that this is different the point I was trying to make is that arranging anything to do with matches nowadays is risky as with European competitions and television companies ( probably the same this actually) fixture lists can only be used as a rough guide to when games are being played.

Completely ballsed up my plans, now won''t be able to go to the game, but luckily I was going to drive up and stay with the inlaws (Celtic season ticket Holders) so I''m not out of pocket.

Luckily didn''t get round to booking this. Reminds me of the Sunderland situation last season with the game changed with 19 days notice. Already had flights and hotel booked.

Fans come second as we all know by now...