Sign in to follow this  
Captain Canary Jr.

Norwich to continue their legacy of producing great goalkeepers...

Apparently Hughton''s interested in bringing Dave Watson, goalkeeping coach at BCFC and England. From what I''ve heard, he''s played a big role in the development of keepers such as Joe Hart, Ben Foster and Jack Butland, and is very highly rated at his job.

What''s everyone''s views on this potential appointment?

Have we actually ascertained whether rudd is still under contract. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and i''ve missed it but i read somewhere that his contract expires next month.

Hope he does join because he''s credited with bringing Hart on leaps and bounds (literally?) when at B''ham. And obviously Butland is now the next big thing and has worked with him so he must be doing something right. Sign him up! Would love for Ruddy et al to have a coach with his reputation.

I honestly can''t see why he wouldn''t want to come here if we made the approach, and it certainly fits better with his role at England to be at a premiership club.Surely if Hughton wants him - we''ll get him.Butland is being massively over-hyped at the minute as well, so would be good for him to come here and realise how good Rudd and Steer could be...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Have we actually ascertained whether rudd is still under contract. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and i''ve missed it but i read somewhere that his contract expires next month.[/quote]I think the consensus is he has another year to go.

which"great" goalkeepers have we produced?Green is the only one.Gunn, Keelan, Kennon, Woods were all purchased by the club.