Sign in to follow this  
holt_till_I_die

ON A FREE??

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11682/7847943/Wigan-stand-by-Rodallega-call

What do people think about this for a free?? i feel a good player, good speed and scores a few too. However, again wages may be a issue!!

Talented player but a poor season,  if the rumours of a match is clause is in Holts contract I am sure he would welcome a  Grant hugo strike force..  

Very good player and could provide the pace and goals we need. A lot like a larger stronger Simeon Jackson and would link uip very well with Holt. Shouldn''t have too high wage demands as he only played for Wigan and they can''t hand out huge wages so could be worth a shout.

He''s not a good a goalscorer as some reckon, 24 goals in 112 appearances is hardly prolific.
He had a very poor season, mainly because his head was turned after one decent season, and hasn''t performed since. When your third choice striker behind Franco Di Santo and Conor Sammon in a team that was struggling for large parts of the season, there''s something wrong IMO.  

I would definitely take him on a free! I''d have paid for him too.

Only stumbling block would be his wages.

But a duo of him and Holt could be great.

Might not be a bad option, a signing on fee would make up any wage issue.

I do think there will be several comings and goings quite soon, including guys we as supporters might think we''d want to keep....but this happens every year, and no one really foresaw Lambert releasing Zak. We have a new manager now, so if Holt and/or Wes are to go in a shake-up, then so be it, they will be replaced.