Sign in to follow this  
JammyYellow

Keeping our squad & Relegation (or) Spending Millions & Champions League

In a fantasy world where this could be possible. Would you rather; Keeping our squad as it stands now, obeying to our club ethics of ''living within our means'' and ultimately facing relegation. (BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING THIS WILL HAPPEN. THIS SEASON OR EVER!) orTaken over by a billionaire foreign owner who completely strips our squad. Buys in players like Tevez, spending excessive amounts on wages. Upgrades our stadium within months of ownership with a plan to move our club nearby to a new build stadium with a capacity of 100,000. We are expected to challenge for title and guarenteed champions league football year on year.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]What the........[/quote]

Well there arn''t many clubs in the premier league that can field a full squad of Englishmen, that is what I want to keep hold off, there are many tallented young English players out there good enough with out the need to go over sea''s, if the rest of the league had the same view perhaps England might do better under pressure.  

Or how about this for a scenario, i presume yours arnt the only two outcomes allowed in this fantasy world.

We have a billionaire come in he personally loans us (just like Chelsea), saddling the club with huge debts. We all pray he maintains his interest. However things dont go as expected the club doesnt qaulify for europe as the new FFP rules mean our budgets break their rules. He gets bored and leaves selling the club to woefully inadequate owner. We get relegated after they appoint the village idiot as manager, no one wants us, we sell our stadium and rent it back to cover short term debts. We are docked 10 points . Fans protest in their thousands outside the club, asking for our club back before administrators are called in.

Or

We continue to build a young squad of talented british with maybe a few well chosen foreign players. Those players movtivated by their chance bond together building a bright young team that competes on it''s day with everyside it plays against. The fans are proud of the fact that the club is debt free, the stadium is upgraded to 35,000. We stay in the premier league getting stronger year on year, sometimes finishing as high as 6th with strong cup runs but even in the event of relegation the clubs long term future is never in doubt.

Given the problems caused to several clubs when the plug was pulled because the investor wanted a return on his money, or for the same reason he suddenly witholds money, or interferes the the squad composition, I would much prefer the former, to risk relegation and keep a semblance of control. (I think the Lambert may have regrets when after a time he is denied players.)

Much probably depends on the commitment of the billionaire, I suppose - Chelsea seem to be OK, but there were troubles at ManUre. The second option would be more attractive if the benefactor were committed like Delia.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

Or how about this for a scenario, i presume yours arnt the only two outcomes allowed in this fantasy world.

We have a billionaire come in he personally loans us (just like Chelsea), saddling the club with huge debts. We all pray he maintains his interest. However things dont go as expected the club doesnt qaulify for europe as the new FFP rules mean our budgets break their rules. He gets bored and leaves selling the club to woefully inadequate owner. We get relegated after they appoint the village idiot as manager, no one wants us, we sell our stadium and rent it back to cover short term debts. We are docked 10 points . Fans protest in their thousands outside the club, asking for our club back before administrators are called in.

Or

We continue to build a young squad of talented british with maybe a few well chosen foreign players. Those players movtivated by their chance bond together building a bright young team that competes on it''s day with everyside it plays against. The fans are proud of the fact that the club is debt free, the stadium is upgraded to 35,000. We stay in the premier league getting stronger year on year, sometimes finishing as high as 6th with strong cup runs but even in the event of relegation the clubs long term future is never in doubt.

[/quote]

Totaly agree with the second Or, we should both be on the board

When Man City fans were asked how they felt about their takeover, at first many were upset and felt it was tearing the heart out of the club they loved. After they won the Premier League I have a feeling many of them couldn''t care less. Isn''t there a famous quote how ''it is better to live one day as a lion rather than a lifetime as a sheep'' and I wonder if this is how Man City fans feel now - screw the potential consequences, live in the moment. I suppose you have to judge the highs against the lows, would Portsmouth fans give back the FA Cup to return to the Premier League with healthy finances? Probably.

Something I don''t really understand is all the people saying they want a ''British team'' (or even an English one, so bye Martin, Morison, Jackson, Ayala and Hoolahan). I don''t understand why people would be happier with a less talented British player than a talented overseas player. I think Holt (amoungst many others) have shown that British doesn''t mean loyal or less ''in it for the money'' and even megastars like Ageuro show commitment, desire and passion for their new English clubs.

well i agree that i would rather see us maintain premier league status. but like bethnal says, the live for the moment must be sooo tempting for clubs to sell their club and spend millions on some instant silverware. Im sure Man City fans are loving the fact they are champions at the moment and dont really care that one day it will all come to an end.

Thanks for who ever answered. I was just interested on what people would say and how they would react if suddenly a billionare was interested in buying Delia out.

Would hate our club to turn into a play thing for some rich moneybags.

It''s ruining the game in many ways, so my decision is based on that more than specifically for our club. And for that reason i''m out!

As long as we''re giving it a go, and we have a core passionate team who play reasonable football i will forever be happy.

As for foreign players, i think when most of us refer to ''foreign'' players negatively it''s for the many mercenaries that land on these shores with very little passion for clubs other than the Manchesters/Liverpool''s etc that they''re aiming for..

But when you see the love someone like Pacheco has for us that really, changes my (ignorant?) perception.

It''s easy to say you love something when your on the crest of the wave, for a better answer you''d be better to ask fans whose clubs have lived way beyond their means and are now feeling the consequence, do you honestly belive if Man city folded next year those Man City fans would go ''oh well at least we won the league, no game on saturday or ever again but hey-ho it was worth it''. People who live for today often do it for two reasons either tomorrows outlook looks alittle grim for them or it''s an excuse to behave irresponsibly to please yourself.