Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Lee Clark.

Nice to see that Lee Clark has returned to football as the new boss at Birmingham, possibly having been recommended by Chris Hughton. He was very unlucky to be kicked out by Huddersfield after taking them to the verge of promotion to the championship. Maybe he can continue his training at Birmingham and one day in the far distant futurebe a viable candidate as  manager at Carrow road.

I was interested to read that not only did he fall out with his chairman at Huddersdfield, it seems that he also managed to fall out with the local media as well. Good to see that one of his mentors, Glen Rodent, has passed on a few tips.

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

Nice to see that Lee Clark has returned to football as the new boss at Birmingham, possibly having been recommended by Chris Hughton. He was very unlucky to be kicked out by Huddersfield after taking them to the verge of promotion to the championship. Maybe he can continue his training at Birmingham and one day in the far distant futurebe a viable candidate as  manager at Carrow road.

I was interested to read that not only did he fall out with his chairman at Huddersdfield, it seems that he also managed to fall out with the local media as well. Good to see that one of his mentors, Glen Rodent, has passed on a few tips.

[/quote]

There is a total contradiction between the two paragraphs of your post Armchair.  Why would we want the man you describe in your second paragraph as a manage?

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

[/quote]

So you''d appreciate NCFC appointing a manager who lacks relationship-building skills?

Leeds have been our feeder club for players recently, is Birmingham now our feeder club for future managers?

Nice to see these smaller clubs provide a service for a bigger club............................................

Ok, my paragraphs do contradict each other !. But as I said if he continues his managerial training at Birmingham and learns from his mistakes he may be considered a viable candidate at Carrow Road , hopefully in the far distant future. He will learn that it is not wise to fall out with the local media etc or indeed the fans, as Rodent found out here. However you can''t really dispute the fact that Lee Clark was doing well at Huddersfield and was then sacked whereas Rodent was c**p in his second season here and was deservedly sacked, had he been succesful here, would he have been sacked because he lacked relationship skills?. I seem to remember than when Clark was here, it was said that he was good in his relationship with the players and  was a go-between with Rodent and the players ?.