Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Many people will not want to hear this

Nice to see that  me repeating some details of a telephone conversation has  brightened the lif eof so many  :) You have to admit it ...... it has given you all a purpose for a few hours !!

Sorry but several things don''t entirely add up here.

First of all if Hoolihan was buying the house we have nothing to worry about. As far as I am aware Hoolihan is not currently on our books as a player.

Plus he is likely to be one of the bigger earners at the club these days. If he is just about to get a new and improved contract offer he may just be looking at a bigger property now rather than whatever it is you are selling.

On top of that if he has an ounce of sense he would invest in property to rent out to give him an income when his playing days are over. If I had the ready cash it is exactly what I would do. If you play your cards right the return is far better than any pension scheme and with two or three properties already paid off it earns a nice tidy little sum.

As for Holt - lets just see shall we.

[quote user="chicken"]

Sorry but several things don''t entirely add up here.

First of all if Hoolihan was buying the house we have nothing to worry about. As far as I am aware Hoolihan is not currently on our books as a player.

Plus he is likely to be one of the bigger earners at the club these days. If he is just about to get a new and improved contract offer he may just be looking at a bigger property now rather than whatever it is you are selling.

On top of that if he has an ounce of sense he would invest in property to rent out to give him an income when his playing days are over. If I had the ready cash it is exactly what I would do. If you play your cards right the return is far better than any pension scheme and with two or three properties already paid off it earns a nice tidy little sum.

As for Holt - lets just see shall we.

[/quote]

??????????????????????[:^)][:^)][:^)][:^)][:^)]

Can Joanna Gray please provide more info concerning the ''OP'' getting badgered.

I do like a good badgering...

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Anyone with genuine ''inside'' information would never post what they know for fear of losing a friend/legal challenge/being subject to ridicule.[/quote]this is the interesting thing for me...if someone has 100% genuine information then they have nothing to fear, name their source and post what they knowif its 100% accurate then surely their will be no legal grounds or ridicule as the other party wouldnt have a leg to stand on?

[quote user="Number 9"]Can Joanna Gray please provide more info concerning the ''OP'' getting badgered. I do like a good badgering...[/quote]

Although a lot of people seem quite "sett" against it....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]this is the interesting thing for me...if someone has 100% genuine information then they have nothing to fear, name their source and post what they knowif its 100% accurate then surely their will be no legal grounds or ridicule as the other party wouldnt have a leg to stand on?[/quote]The lad who posted the pic of the new kit had 100% genuine information...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ncfcstar"]

Anyone with genuine ''inside'' information would never post what they know for fear of losing a friend/legal challenge/being subject to ridicule.
[/quote]

this is the interesting thing for me...

if someone has 100% genuine information then they have nothing to fear, name their source and post what they know

if its 100% accurate then surely their will be no legal grounds or ridicule as the other party wouldnt have a leg to stand on?
[/quote]

I think there could well be disciplinary/legal action against the source and the person publicising what their source had told them. Depending on how the source had got their information and what it was about, they might well at the very least be breaking company rules by passing it on, and not just if it was financially sensitive information. The apparent aim of the club''s ban on BBC East was to try to uncover the source behind the story, presumably so disciplinary action could be taken.

Equally, depending on the subject matter, anyone publishing information from a source on a messageboard could find themselves sued for defamation. The information might be true, but you would have to prove it was true, which is a whole different kettle of fish. There might also be a case for the source and the poster to be sued for breach of confidence.

Not to mention that any source that got named here, even if they didn''t end up being sued or fired, would probably decide that was the last time they told anybody anything. And it would probably be the last time anyone told the poster anything. The key to keeping sources of information is precisely not to reveal them.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ncfcstar"]Anyone with genuine ''inside'' information would never post what they know for fear of losing a friend/legal challenge/being subject to ridicule.[/quote]this is the interesting thing for me...if someone has 100% genuine information then they have nothing to fear, name their source and post what they knowif its 100% accurate then surely their will be no legal grounds or ridicule as the other party wouldnt have a leg to stand on?[/quote]

Sorry Jas but it doesn;t work like that. Often people do have bit of info passed on to them but it is passed on the basis that it is confidential or alternatively that the source does not want it getting back to them.

I used to have a contact who worked at the club and who from time to time used to tell me OTR bit of info. They were always spot on and they were always given to me on the basis that the contact trusted me and knew I would not go posting them on here or generally shooting my mouth off. if I had done it would have at the very least been very embarrassing for the contact or at worse got them into trouble at work. Unfortunately they no longer work there so i no longer have access to the bits of info I used to. I do, however, have a mate who is well connected with various football agents and who again sometimes gives me off the record bits of info or rumours. Again these are normally accurate and again he normally makes it clear they are not for the messageboards as often it would be very obvious where i have got my info from. If i do ever put anything on here i certainly don''t reveal my source.

I therefore agree with the post above that says that people with 100% genuine info normally wouldn;t post anything at all. However, sometimes if people do feel the need to post and share their info with the rest of us it is perfectly reasonable for them to be coy about who their source is because they do not want to get said source into trouble or stop them telling them things again in the future.

UPDATE- the OP is telling the truthSorry, got bored with this thread a couple days ago and assumed it was rubbish anyway, however i have just heard almost the same thing so can confirm what the OP says but hopefully it will make better sense.We are (my parents are) currently looking to move homes and are using the same estate agents as Wes and have been told that Wes had been looking for a new house in Norwich beleiving his future lied here, however for whatever reason he has now stopped searching and is selling his house. When my parents asked the agent why, he claimed that Wes has been told he was not getting a new contract and was looking to move on. I am afraid that is all the information i have and i can guarantee it''s 100% true, i was as shocked as anyone when heard it from my parents, especially after seeing it on here and dismissing it.Sorry i wish i could have clearer details, i wasn''t actually there for the conversation but my parents told me what they had heard, but neither of them are huge football fans so didn''t ask any more probing questions. There doesn''t seem to be any talk of a transfer offer or anything, i have just heard that he is 100% looking to move

[quote user="lake district canary"]

This is still only a rumour handed down, originated by an estate agent..........................need I say more.

[/quote]A good estate agent who has little reason to lie though, he himself has been working with Wes looking for a new house, so it''s not as if it''s something which has just been heard in the office and turned into a rumour.I guess we can all believe what we want, but i think people should be prepared to see him leave

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Can you let me know which estate agents so I can make a note never to use them. Big mouthed, disrespectful cnuts.[/quote]Haha, i aint saying no more, got me worried now our paperwork for the new house may get ''lost'' in the filling pile.

Sorry chaps, Wes is replaceable.Will kinda be glad to not see him beat 4 men then scuff his shot or go for number 5 and lose the ball when he could have passed it

Great, our new manager is being accused of being a liar already?!!!

Why would Wes put his house on the market before leaving? He isn''t out of contract for starters.

This is all very sad, a rumour being re-inforced by someone else who is, at least it would appear that way, to be trying to wind everyone up even more.

Again - lets wait until Hughton has spoken to him. It''s clear he is working through the team with the finances he has and giving those he wants to stay an improved contract unless they are already on a recent and good one like Howson.

Hope its true Hoolahan is the most overated player we have ever had, fed up watching him spin round and round trying to get/keep the ball on his left foot

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="lake district canary"]

This is still only a rumour handed down, originated by an estate agent..........................need I say more.

[/quote]

A good estate agent who has little reason to lie though, he himself has been working with Wes looking for a new house, so it''s not as if it''s something which has just been heard in the office and turned into a rumour.

I guess we can all believe what we want, but i think people should be prepared to see him leave
[/quote]

Yep a great professional estate agent telling everyone else other peoples business, might be true might be BS, either way the estate agent shouldnt be telling you anything, doesnt do anything for the common perception of estate agents.

[quote user="city4eva"]Hope its true Hoolahan is the most overated player we have ever had, fed up watching him spin round and round trying to get/keep the ball on his left foot[/quote]

Tripple Huzzah! [Y][Y][Y]

[quote user="city4eva"]Hope its true Hoolahan is the most overated player we have ever had, fed up watching him spin round and round trying to get/keep the ball on his left foot[/quote]That''s a pretty amazing thing to say really.  He was brilliant in League One, brilliant in the Championship and played a pretty key role last season when required, adding work rate and tracking back to his undoubted eye for a pass and close control.  To say he is the "most overrated player we have ever had" suggests you don''t really know your history.

Those slating a player in our hall of fame, who hasn;t asked to leave the club and has been an integral part of our rise need to have a long, hard look at themselves. They also, in my opinion, don''t know a good player when they see one.

As for the estate agent well he''s not very consistent since he told the OP that Hoolahan has had his head turned by an attractive offer from elsewhere but then told the other posters parents he''s off due to not being offered a cotract! What with those two conflisting reports and the media reports saying hughton is desperate to keep him and offering him a new contract I don''t know what to believe! My money would be on the latter!

Pricey is just trying to wind people up by adding to the falsity of the original statement.

Jim - I think we just need to conceed that this forum is now full of youngsters of whom some like to make crud up. It is very, very, very rare that anyone has any genuine ''inside'' knowledge to share on here. Most of it is hearsay or just made up.