Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Many people will not want to hear this

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Matt Juler"]I''ll wait for the translation
[/quote]

what Matt said !
[/quote]

I''m guessing, but Hoolahan was going to buy a house but has now pulled out?
[/quote]

I heard from a credible source (cousin of a friend of the estate agent) that he was gutted at the size of the indoor swimming pool and didn''t realise that he wasn''t going to get a tenth bedroom.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]

I''m just pleased no ones mentioned Holt or Lambert yet.

Doh [:$]

[/quote]I''m more disappointed at the lack of references to Nazis. They''ve been let off too lightly recently.

Time will tell if the OP is telling the truth.

I once came on here to tell of investment, and was badgered and slated because I didn''t expose in public my source.

So if I ever get information now I keep it to myself. By the way my source was 100% reliable.

I for one will remain calm about this until the famed divulgee issues full foreclosure of Hoolahan''s articles of incorporation in unequivocal language. Before that I will remain unconvinced that Wesley''s inordinately liquid equity contradicts the imputed act imprese in regime forfetario. Where are the safety pins?

I have a friend who owns an estate agency in Birmingham and she has confirmed that Wesley has not been in touch seeking a des res in the west mids so at least we now know that he won''t be following, Lambert, Holt, Ruddy, Naughton Karsa, Culverhouse and that foreign bloke I''d never heard of ''til today to Aston Villa.

I came on here and mentioned hughton before he arrived and also hinted that deity was leaving.... Both those things happened.... My source is a local business man....

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]I for one will remain calm about this until the famed divulgee issues full foreclosure of Hoolahan''s articles of incorporation in unequivocal language. Before that I will remain unconvinced that Wesley''s inordinately liquid equity contradicts the imputed act imprese in regime forfetario. Where are the safety pins?
[/quote]

Brilliant, Kolin. But I do think that you could have been more oblique and used more gobbledegook, if you''d tried....

The OP whines on about not being taken seriously, and at least one other poster has criticised the tendency for people to act incredulously when these sort of threads are started, but from my point of view at least, if people like Barclay 48 and his ilk want this sort of stuff to be treated with less scepticism, then, at the very least, he can firstly provide some sort of proof (names , locations, verifiable quotes , that sort of thing) . And, secondly, couch the posting in plain , straightforward language that we can all understand, without resorting to smoke and mirrors type innuendo.

There may be some truth in this story. Who knows ?  But , with the "nod''s as good as a wink " manner in which it''s been presented, then can the author be in any way surprised that a good number of posters are dubious about it ?

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]I for one will remain calm about this until the famed divulgee issues full foreclosure of Hoolahan''s articles of incorporation in unequivocal language. Before that I will remain unconvinced that Wesley''s inordinately liquid equity contradicts the imputed act imprese in regime forfetario. Where are the safety pins?
[/quote]

Brilliant, Kolin. But I do think that you could have been more oblique and used more gobbledegook, if you''d tried....

The OP whines on about not being taken seriously, and at least one other poster has criticised the tendency for people to act incredulously when these sort of threads are started, but from my point of view at least, if people like Barclay 48 and his ilk want this sort of stuff to be treated with less scepticism, then, at the very least, he can firstly provide some sort of proof (names , locations, verifiable quotes , that sort of thing) . And, secondly, couch the posting in plain , straightforward language that we can all understand, without resorting to smoke and mirrors type innuendo.

There may be some truth in this story. Who knows ?  But , with the "nod''s as good as a wink " manner in which it''s been presented, then can the author be in any way surprised that a good number of posters are dubious about it ?

[/quote]

WHINE ? INCREDULOUS ? ILK ?   I don''t think any of these descriptions are accurate or correct ! I cannot  name names ,,for very obvious reasons , and if people want to ridicule the information , then that too is fine , I was just giving  a recount of a telephone conversation which took place yesterday afternoon , which had nothing to do with  NCFC in its context , until I was told  two things to clarify a point that was being discussed , 1) An offer has been made good enough  to make WH pull out of a deal , almost with pen in hand ( thats an analagy ) 2) The house belonging to GH is to go up for sale .

Finally , no , I  am not suprised that regular posters on here treat my post in this manner ,, after all ,, I  am  not  one of the " In Crowd " , seems you have to post  obnoxious insults to others on  a regular basis to be included .. I really  dont have any interest in that .

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Time will tell if the OP is telling the truth. I once came on here to tell of investment, and was badgered and slated because I didn''t expose in public my source. So if I ever get information now I keep it to myself. By the way my source was 100% reliable.[/quote]

You got badgered and slated because you were playing stupid "I know something you don''t know" games with Wiz as far as I recall.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]

I''m just pleased no ones mentioned Holt or Lambert yet........until now

Doh [:$]

[/quote]

If true, I''m sure the Estate Agency is about to lose a lot of business through abusing client confidentiality laws and someone might lose their job.

I''d just like to state for the record that we live in the same small Italian hill top town as Grant''s aunt and we haven''t even asked her if she knows what is going on with Grant''s situation. I''d like to think that is what''s known as integrity but honestly if she even knew she wouldn''t be indiscreet about it. There you go, it''s out there now and it''s off my chest.

So 3 pages in and i don''t think anyone has actually discussed if they would mind losing Wes.He''s 31 now and his price is only going to go depreciate come September, i think the club would be wise to off load him now for a couple of Mill if they can. He is a quality player and can be a game changer, unfortunately we don''t see it enough and in all honesty i doubt he''s going to start too many games next season- mainly because Hughton likes playing wingers and he''s not enough of a goal threat to play just behind the striker, IMHO.I appreciate what Wes has done for the club, he has been around the club for a while so it would be sad to say bye, but i think we could get a fair price for him this summer and hopefully use that to fund another signing, someone like Snoodgrass or perhaps this Burke player from Birmingham.

I have heard the lucrative off to turn is head. Was playing a dwarf in snow white, apparently it is a staring role.

Why else would he leave Norwich .... Hi ho hi ho !!!!

Well, time will tell as they say, but just to clarify barclay you are saying -

1. An offer has been made for Grant Holt by another club that is so good, West Ham (who splash money like confetti) have been scared off.  If that''s the case, then we must be talking at least £7m!

2. Grant Holt has put his house up for sale.

If we link those two pieces of information as was obviously done by your source, then we can rightly or wrongly assume that this massive offer has been accepted by the club.  The problem with this is that Hughton has reiterated very recently that he hasn''t yet spoken face to face with Holt, but that he will do soon, with the aim of hopefully resolving the matter.  If the club has accepted an offer for Holt, then Hughton''s comments are either a smokescreen by the club, or the club is undermining their new manager.

3. Wes has pulled out of a deal to buy a house.  Is this all you were told or were you also told the reason why he pulled out of the deal?  If Wes pulled out of the deal because he is off, it will be interesting to see when this all happened, seeing as Hughton has been on holiday and the players still aren''t back from pre-season. 

I don''t think Villa would be interested in signing Wes and I can''t see there being a queue of Prem clubs lining up to sign him and I also can''t see him dropping down to the Championship.  He wouldn''t be sold for peanuts so someone would have to be prepared to stump up several millions for the 30 year old.

IF there were anything in this, the only club that I would think would be a remote possibility would be Celtic.  But do they have that kind of money unless it was part of a swap deal?

But yet again we come back to the point, that if this was true, then Hughton, without having even met with the players personally, would be in agreement to sell such players.  Unless we believe that Hughton is little more than the Yes Man Puppet that some on here proclaim?[:^)]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Time will tell if the OP is telling the truth. I once came on here to tell of investment, and was badgered and slated because I didn''t expose in public my source. So if I ever get information now I keep it to myself. By the way my source was 100% reliable.[/quote]

You got badgered and slated because you were playing stupid "I know something you don''t know" games with Wiz as far as I recall.

[/quote][Y] but lets not get in the way of WAY''s self righteousness.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote]

[Y] but lets not get in the way of WAY''s self righteousness.
[/quote]

Or that we got the ''close to administration'' tip off spot on, as confirmed by MacNally some weeks later.

[quote user="barclay seats 48/49 "]

Finally , no , I  am not suprised that regular posters on here treat my post in this manner ,, after all ,, I  am  not  one of the " In Crowd " , seems you have to post  obnoxious insults to others on  a regular basis to be included .. I really  dont have any interest in that .

Barclay 48, you are not the first, and doubtless will not be the last ,to bleat about there being an "in crowd" on this or other forums . Of course, by definition , if there is an " in crowd", everyone else must therefore  be the "out  crowd".

You will not be surprised to learn that I do not for one minute believe that these divisions even exist on this forum. In the main, though there are people who post most regularly, it''s pretty free of the clique mentality.It is true that many people become exasperated with attention-seeking posters who put half-baked unsubstantiated  rumours in the public domain, and often , as you''ve done, mistake that exasperation for the existance of the said "in crowd".

But let us just imagine for a moment that these "crowds" do exist, I''d suggest to you that a sure-fire way of getting yourself in the "out crowd", and incurring the wrath of the "in crowd" is to post in a vague, smoke and mirrors way , using this method to try and dress up some dubious rumour you''ve heard down the pub or over the phone as the gospel truth. ?

As for the question re Hoolahan, I think I''ll wait until I hear something a bit more reliable than Barclay 48''s story before I give it consideration.

What also irritates me about the OP beside his obscure language and "I''ve got a secret" stance is that despite apparently being a City fan, he cannot even spell the name of our longets serving player correctly.   It''s disrespectful and after some 6 years, Wes HoolAhan is entitled to respect.

All ye, worry not. The little man is going nowhere.

Don''t ask me how I know. Please, do NOT ask me how I know

[quote user="Larry David"]

All ye, worry not. The little man is going nowhere.

Don''t ask me how I know. Please, do NOT ask me how I know

[/quote]How do you know?Sorry, it just slipped out...[:$]

Not really news as is just stating the obvious but:

"Hughton keen to tie Hoolahan down to new deal at Carrow Road"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2166171/Chris-Hughton-wants-Wes-Hoolahan-Norwich.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

- Interesting comment about Dave Watson though. Anyone know what''s happening with Cully?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[/quote][Y] but lets not get in the way of WAY''s self righteousness.[/quote]

Or that we got the ''close to administration'' tip off spot on, as confirmed by MacNally some weeks later.

[/quote]Actually it was around 18 months later, not weeks, but hey...And if we really were that close to administration how did we managed to get ££,£££s out of the NotW for a false story???You must have loved that - even though it all was total nonsense and could only be broadcast once NotW had been folded.But let''s not allow facts to guide opinion.

[quote user="LQ"]And if we really were that close to administration how did we managed to get ££,£££s out of the NotW for a false story???[/quote]It''s all to do with the timing LQ. At the time of publication by NOTW we were not teetering on the brink of administration. Whether we were before or after is/was wholly irrelevant to that particular libel action

I think people need to actually take a step back here and use some common sense here. Put yourselves in the shoes of a club buying him. In order for the transfer to be worthwhile you would essentially need to build your entire side around him. He cannot play as an orthdox central midfielder and he is not a left winger. He has to play either at the tip of a diamond formation or supporting a lone front man. There is no doubt Wes is a fine footballer and one of the most technically gifted players we have. But can a club higher up the food chain than us seriously justify building their entire team around him. As good as he is I dont think you can justify it. I don''t think he weighs in with quite enough assists or goals. On that basis how can a club offer a big transfer fee and wages for him?

Funny thing for me is that I believe both Wes and Holt won''t be a big part of this season, hang on I will phrase that slightly different, shouldn''t be a big part of the season! Both should end up being squad players.

I hope that Hughton get''s enough funds and buys another better striker (young and hungry with potential) we have lost Wilbraham and it looks like Martin is ging too so we are short in the attacke department.

As for the midfield, well how can you overlook as starting 4 from Pilkington, Howson, Fox, Surman, Bennett, Johnson and again I would hope that Hughton is targetting this area too.

Unlike some fans on here I can see Hoolahan being sold, it woudn''t bother me too much as I believe Howson will be played with a holding midfielder and we will have width as that''s pretty much how Hughton sets his teams out when you look at Newcastle and Brum.