Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hammers 6 million bid for Holt!

Whilst I would love him to stay and in general I think he would be better off staying two words.

Andy Carroll

Look at where Newcastle are now with Cisse and Ba

its a lottery (more for WHUFC than us) at least we know that Holty could probably do it for us again next year, in a new team ? who knows.

If he goes and we get it right and sign the right replacements we will go forward

Just getting bored waiting for our first signing !

[quote user="step"]CENTER PARCS is a great place to go with Holtys kids age''s. Might seem to be cheap but you try doing activities,hiring bikes, eating drinking out or buying from the supermarket...not that cheap.[/quote]

Not knocking it, My grand children love it there, just saying Holt don''t seem to be the Hey look at me type of guy and I believe he will stay with us, If he went to either Villa or Westham he would have to live miles out of the city for the comfort of a walk with his kids in the country side, they don''t have a nice envoiroment for kids to grow up, so he would be doing a lot of miles  every day.

I hope this is a readable way to post these West Ham focussed tweets.  They''re the ones who have been hammering away at this deal since it started (lame pun intended).[quote]

OFFICIAL: West Ham have ended their interest in Grant Holt...more as I get it

[/quote]

[quote]

are you sure about this one mate? Deal is very much on from my end

[/quote]

[quote]

As sure as I can be. Agent and club source saying same

[/quote]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Holt is very much of his home area. A move to Villa would suit him; but a move to London?

Money is one thing but sitting on the bench more and re-settling a young family and living in London or Essex are another.

If we agreed to sell Holt to West Ham it could be a case of him being more careful what he wished for?

[/quote]

Don''t think this is going to end yet, some rumour sites are sayinw we turned the bid of £6mil down and its £7mil or go away, but I think we will here what mr Hughton has to say to him on Monday, I expect an  announcement around Thursday one way or another, But his recent holiday makes me think he is not a money grabber, how many Premier league players do you know that go to Centre parks in Penrith for a family holiday. (two weeks log cabin £800) self catering. next week will be interesting

[/quote]

Last time i went to center parcs Frankie Dettori was there with his family so not sure what your point is

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Holt is very much of his home area. A move to Villa would suit him; but a move to London?

Money is one thing but sitting on the bench more and re-settling a young family and living in London or Essex are another.

If we agreed to sell Holt to West Ham it could be a case of him being more careful what he wished for?

[/quote]

Don''t think this is going to end yet, some rumour sites are sayinw we turned the bid of £6mil down and its £7mil or go away, but I think we will here what mr Hughton has to say to him on Monday, I expect an  announcement around Thursday one way or another, But his recent holiday makes me think he is not a money grabber, how many Premier league players do you know that go to Centre parks in Penrith for a family holiday. (two weeks log cabin £800) self catering. next week will be interesting

[/quote]

Last time i went to center parcs Frankie Dettori was there with his family so not sure what your point is

[/quote]

Never mind, But I meant He''s not Motivated by big megga bucks. bet I spent more on my annual two week trip to Kenya than he did.

I''ve just come back from Center Parcs and can say that it was fantastic.  Refreshing also was the fact that customer service from every member of staff I met was outstanding.  Seeing as this is something to do with my work it is difficult to impress me but I was.

A joy to visit and being my first time I didn''t know what to expect.  My daughter loved it and we will definitely return.

And not cheap!

James Nursey@JamesNursey

Hughton v keen for Holt to stay. Told CH has looked around at who for 5-6m could replace Grant & his 17 goals and thought:.. err!

GH is only worth that figure, he is not worth anymore. He has now become aware of that.His wage demands are ridiculous in my eyes, will he repeat his 17 goals or 10 goals this season? We don''t know, one thing we know is that we need another striker to replace Wilby and that striker needs to be better than what we have and play alongside GH. GH has two years left at this level if we stay in the premiership because at that stage we could have more financial clout to bring in a few players of more quality.I don''t think he can warrant and push us in a corner for a three year contract on more money. There will be players brought in on better contracts, due to their football schooling, potential and current ability.If we can keep GH, then great but I do not think he warrants to much more, if he had a good season could we sell him if he wanted to go again? I don''t think so as he would only have one more season in the prem at this level and even then he would play a bench warmer role. He is probably at a team where he can reach and no further.I can understand how CH wants to keep him here, short term you have a striker who can get us goals next season as long as he doesn''t get injured.

Grant has earned the right to be one of if not the highest paid player at this club, I think the fact that WHU were talking about tripling his wages shows that he is worth a lot more than we play him now. I''m not saying we should offer him 40k, or even 30k, but deserves a third year. If he and is agent hadn''t handled this so badly I doubt anyone wouldn''t have jumped at the chance of locking him down for the rest of his top flight career.

His game doesn''t rely on pace and as long as he keeps in shape I reckon he could easily do a job in the Premiership for the next 3 years. CH wants to keep him because he''s one of the best forwards in the Premiership.

[quote user="smooth"]GH is only worth that figure, he is not worth anymore. He has now become aware of that.His wage demands are ridiculous in my eyes, will he repeat his 17 goals or 10 goals this season? We don''t know, one thing we know is that we need another striker to replace Wilby and that striker needs to be better than what we have and play alongside GH. GH has two years left at this level if we stay in the premiership because at that stage we could have more financial clout to bring in a few players of more quality.I don''t think he can warrant and push us in a corner for a three year contract on more money. There will be players brought in on better contracts, due to their football schooling, potential and current ability.If we can keep GH, then great but I do not think he warrants to much more, if he had a good season could we sell him if he wanted to go again? I don''t think so as he would only have one more season in the prem at this level and even then he would play a bench warmer role. He is probably at a team where he can reach and no further.I can understand how CH wants to keep him here, short term you have a striker who can get us goals next season as long as he doesn''t get injured.[/quote]Are we going back to doubting Holty again?He has proved people wrong time and time again. We should have just given him the 3rd year imo.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I have also been to Kenya.....[/quote]......so have a lot of people, me included. was sitting in the thorn tree cafe in the new stanley hotel and an old school mate and canary fan[;)] walked past. this was 1975.

I don''t and have not doubted Holty in the past in his ability to score goals. Read my posts over the last two seasons. I am talking in 2 years time he may well not be a starter at this club or producing the amount of goals etc he has now. It is more likely he will go down rather than up from where he is at the moment in time. He is at his pinnacle and is testing his contract.I thought he would do fine in the premiership last season. I even got shot down for saying that we needed our two top strikers to hit a certain number of goals in that season, along with every other position. Holty did exactly what I thought he would do and our club needed. two strikers scoring 10+, three midfielders scoring 6+ and we did that.I believe Holty can play for us as a starting striker for next year, possibly 2 seasons. However if we stay up in the premiership I expect us to look at players who can come in and move our first 11 to the bench as we look to continually improve our squad over time.I do think his current two years remaining on his latest deal is fair. In a years time we can consider an extension, but not now. He may want a little more money but the length of the contract is not up for debate in my eyes otherwise we will have a guy on big wages wrong side of 30 and difficult to sell.I also feel he has now realised that no club would have given him the wages he wanted and guaranteed strating position he apparently wanted so much here at CR. If he was at WHU, he would get the money but he would be a starter in every game, Carlton Cole would be ahead of him and Holty would have had to fight for that second striker position.His best decision is to continue to play hard this coming season and re-negotiate then, prove to the rest of the prem. he can do it again and then our board will have to consider an extension then.

Look he has gone it''s obvious, i know it''s hard but we all have to try and get over it.

Paul Moy if only we had cody right to take over for holty

I hate it when i find myself agreeing with BW (good to have you back btw, in your real identity) but i expect Holt is as good as gone.another question to people, if he left under these circumstances, the way he has gone about it, would you want him taken out of the hall of fame or not?Also i wonder if he will receive death threats, sorry horrible thing to bring up, but it happens to a lot of loved players when they leave their club, i remember Gerrard got some horrendous ones before he almost went to Chelsea. Anyone reading this who is a fool (prob a fair few people) don''t be stupid and send any threats! let him go and his name never mentioned again around carrow rd (we could call him ''The Fat twat''!!!), he wont deserve it, but doesn''t deserve having his personal life interfered with either.

The more you cal for me to be banned for ridiculous reasons such as stating my opinion the more unlikely it is Peter will ban me.