Sign in to follow this  
Norfolknchance

First signing / The Manager

This is my opinion on things so i would like your feed back but no Slating please

I didnt really want to post messages like this due to my low post count and didnt think people would take my view serious , i can hear the cries he is a binner a sore losing rangers fan ,

time will tell but is hughton to nice ? he got kicked out of newcastle didnt  say a word !

joined birmingham told after a few weeks no money things went from bad to worse with owner again chris just got on with his work didnt say anything or leave

Now some might say wow what a Gentleman we dont want a trouble maker at Norwich ( i agree ) BUT has he the backbone we need ? i know time will tell but this first signing has me worried is he just a yes man ? i will buy cheap  not to upset anyone approach or ambitious i want the best we can afford push  like we are now used to before he came here , i know it was a rumour and nothing set in stone / paper talk but i can see people like leon best joining us and i am one worried !

MY TIN HAT IS ON !!!!!!!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Far to premature [/quote]i bet a lot of people on this forum have that problem in other areas of life too!

To answer one point, I would say that the way that Hughton departed Newcastle, says far more about the Newcastle Board then it does about Hughton! Sometimes you do not need to say anything..................................

Didn''t he get sacked by Newcastle because he wasn''t a yes man, and wanted to deal with the team his way rather than the way their board wanted him to?

This was the Whittaker is the first signing because he is a free agent and the deal could get sorted quickly, I''m sure any higher profile signings we are going to make will take longer to sort out. Hughton has only been at the desk a week, pretty impressive that we''ve already got someone in already if you ask me!

To my mind Hughton has all the right credentials to take on a job at Norwich.   Has conducted himself well all his career and is highly respected by everyone in the profession (except apparently the Newcastle board).    He is able to get the best out of players he is charge of  and that alone should appease the bedwetters who can''t handle the fact that we may not get any ''big money'' players in.     We already have a good squad - which of course needs to be strengthened - but even if we don''t get many in before the new season - we should have every confidence that he will bring a  more assured and settled look to the Norwich City side and instill confidence from the word go.    

Whatever the nature of Hughton, he took some very good players to Newcastle, some unknowns like Ba have been prolific. Perhaps he lisyened to scouts, and others, but he signed them. He also produced a near miracle at Birmingham, in Europe and in the play-offs to the Premiership, with little money.He is highly regarded by supporters at both clubs. I don''t care if he is a quiet man, so long as he achieves for our side. Many people who played under him found him very sympathetic and also helpful, and were able to play better as a consequence.

From everything said about him, he seems to be a very good tactician, as well as a judge of a player and an encourager. I would prefer this in the long term to some high-profile managers who see theier team as a way to promote the manager. Time will tell if he achieves what we all want, but don''t be put off by his quiet dignity. Didn''t someone in politics say "Don''t underestimate a quiet man"?

Don''t worry about the tin hat OP, everyone has an opinion and there is always someone out there ready to ridicule you for yours.I have to say i disagree with that you have said. Firstly Hughton was very unlucky at Newcastle, knowone knows exactly why he left, however the official reason given at the time was that they wanted someone with more prem experience, strange considering they were in 12, but a deicion whioch proved right in the end. Secondly, the way Hughton departed can only be praised, he didn''t say a bad word about his employees (also clever sicne if he had i am sure it would put of potential suitors) despite the public support he got.I don''t see any evidence of him being a yes man, he did a very good job in at Birmingham where he walked into a job which was not the one he could ever have expected it to have been. He didn''t complain, got on and did a solid job despite the club being owned by criminals.the first signing is also quite expected, i think over half of Hughton''s signings over the past have been free transfers and as another poster pointed out, this type of transfer is far easier to sort out than one where you have to agree a price with the club. We have also done well to fight of interest from several other clubs.

I think it is a huge shame that his first signing is Whittaker - it is just unfortunate that he is a free and therefore our first of the closed season.

Were he to be our 4th or 5th signing, I don''t think anyone would particularly have a problem with it. We now have people looking at his transfer policy and how unimaginative/unimpressive it seems to be. All because his first signing was a useful utility player on a free.

It all depends whether all of our signings will be of this nature (obviously not IMHO) or if we sign 3 or 4 quality signings with a number of back up/utility players to cover for suspensions, fatigue and injuries.

"I think it is a huge shame that his first signing is Whittaker - it is just unfortunate that he is a free and therefore our first of the closed season. "

Lucky we don''t play a match till early August eh ?

The free transfers are always going to be the first to arrive - as soon as the previous contracts run out.

I suggest people wait until, oh I don''t know, next March before getting all worked up about whether Hughton is right for the job...

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I think it is a huge shame that his first signing is Whittaker - it is just unfortunate that he is a free and therefore our first of the closed season.

Were he to be our 4th or 5th signing, I don''t think anyone would particularly have a problem with it. We now have people looking at his transfer policy and how unimaginative/unimpressive it seems to be. All because his first signing was a useful utility player on a free.

It all depends whether all of our signings will be of this nature (obviously not IMHO) or if we sign 3 or 4 quality signings with a number of back up/utility players to cover for suspensions, fatigue and injuries.[/quote]Muddy i think that is exactly what we will do and what we should do. Sign 3-4 players to improve the starting 11, then 3/4 squad players to. However if Holt or Wes move we may need to make that 4/5 quality players and 2/3 squad fillers

People can be rest assured that there will be further signings and that Hughton will spend all the cash at his disposal - he''s an extreme lefty and they are King at spending other peoples money.

well some really good points made and have to admit i may have been alittle quick off the mark and wrong with somethings maybe alitte disapointed by the first signing ( i will always give them a chance when playing )

i hope i am wrong about CH it is just my first impression Norwich are in really good shape and we just need a few good signings to continue upwards and to safeguard the clubs future , if his first signing had been say naughton my thoughts would have been wow !!! good we really do mean business this year.

just abit flat after signing a squad player but you have to sign them when they are available not in any order !

star_manic wrote the following post at 30/06/2012 3:54 PM:

sorry, but the idea that anyone could start this thread is beyond a joke. it is totally disrespectful to hughton. 

hardly disrespectful / more my opinion  ( i have nothing against hughton or the club )

"Lucky we don''t play a match till early August eh ?

The free transfers are always going to be the first to arrive - as soon as the previous contracts run out.

I suggest people wait until, oh I don''t know, next March before getting all worked up about whether Hughton is right for the job..."

Er....that was my point Blah....I think you need to read it again without your supercilious glasses on.

For what it is worth, a great squad signing as we have lost Drury, Whitbread and will probably ship out Barnett. We need cover and to get this you cannot buy everyone at £4m to sit on a bench at Norwich.I hope this is the scenario and look forward to our major signings, with this quality as our back up. Think this, Wilbraham, Lappin, Martin was our squad cover last summer, now Whittaker is the quality of our back up. Stronger and stronger all over the squad.Just my opinion though,,,,,

[quote user="willo2"]For what it is worth, a great squad signing as we have lost Drury, Whitbread and will probably ship out Barnett. We need cover and to get this you cannot buy everyone at £4m to sit on a bench at Norwich.I hope this is the scenario and look forward to our major signings, with this quality as our back up. Think this, Wilbraham, Lappin, Martin was our squad cover last summer, now Whittaker is the quality of our back up. Stronger and stronger all over the squad.Just my opinion though,,,,,[/quote]Spot on post! 100% correct, good to see some common sense on this board once in a while :p

"Er....that was my point Blah....I think you need to read it again without your supercilious glasses on."

Damn ! Now who am I going to argue with ?

Sorry mate ! Post in haste etc...

[quote user="Shyster"]People can be rest assured that there will be further signings and that Hughton will spend all the cash at his disposal - he''s an extreme lefty and they are King at spending other peoples money.
[/quote]

So,if he was a tory he wouldn''t be signing anyone.In fact he''d probably be laying off a load of players to save money!

"People can be rest assured that there will be further signings and that Hughton will spend all the cash at his disposal - he''s an extreme lefty and they are King at spending other peoples money."

Hahaha! Very good, Shyster.