Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Howson bid

Not been deleted, both tweets (about the rejected bid and the subsequent one about a transfer request being handed in) are still there

https://twitter.com/ITK_TRANSFER

I would take anything on there with a massive pinch of salt - probably a 15 yr old kids having a bit of fun.  They will post 80% made up stuff and the other 20% will be recycled from somewhere else.  Then eventually they will get one right and will crow about it for weeks afterwards 

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Fozzie"]Howson left his hometown club for us.

The club he supported as a child. Played for his entire career.  Was made permanent captain and a fans'' favourite (sounds familiar).

Howson was looking to leave that club he has so much history with on a Bosman transfer, refusing to sign a new contract because he wanted Premier League football.  He came here, to a club with no real history just to play in the Premier League.

I think he has three years left on his contract and unless we''re consistently finishing in the top 8 of the Prem I can''t see him staying past that.  In fact, I think he''ll be handing in a transfer request before he makes it half way through.  January will be a bigger test of his willingness to stay here than this summer.

Wouldn''t expect to get more than £5m for him.  We don''t attract large transfer fees.

[/quote]

What do you mean we dont attract large transfer fees, we sell players for their value, not forgetting NCFC were the first club to sell a player for 1 million ( I think)

[/quote].......no, trevor francis was the first million player, birminghan to forrest. sutton was the first £5M player to blackburn.

I wonder if there is something in this, but as part of the games over the Lambert compensation "negotiation".

I believe such compensation packages tend to have a clause in saying something along the lines of no bids for the manager''s previous club''s players for a specified period, say 12 months.

With no compensation deal in place then there is nothing to prevent such raids for players. So a bid for a valued player could be part of a a stategy to encourage NCFC to reach agreement on compensation at an early date and for a lesser sum than they might otherwise hold out for.

Just a thought.

OTBC

Reading the other tweets by the ITK_TRANSFER guys, it is basically rehashing rumours that are going round with a few "calculated" links e.g. X manager has signed this player before...

They have also changed their profile name since yesterday. Yesterday it said something about their focus being on Wolves, Villa and a few other clubs

Unless it goes viral on twitter I take no notice - Holt went viral and then it turned out to be true

Howson apparently handed in a transfer request around 21 hours ago, yet the club have yet to confirm or deny it? Sounds like garbage to me.

[quote user="Gareth"]Howson apparently handed in a transfer request around 21 hours ago, yet the club have yet to confirm or deny it? Sounds like garbage to me.[/quote]That would be friday at 10pm. Yeah right!

According to ITK Lambert has given up on getting Howson and now going after Whittingham from Cardiff. We will see if this is true or not.

[quote user="colneycanary"]According to ITK Lambert has given up on getting Howson and now going after Whittingham from Cardiff. We will see if this is true or not.[/quote]

This may be a strange question but why do you bother to read this sh**e ?