Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Welcome, Steven Whittaker

Welcome to NCFC Steven.

If you happen to stumble across this site (pinkun message boards) will find 90%

of its posts are negative, from people

who moan and groan and find it difficult to be positive once in a while, probably

find they have their right-side of the bed against a wall.

Anyway welcome again as it’s a fantastic club to play for and fine place to

live.

I will reserve my judgement for duration of the

season, I wish many more would do the same.

There''s no doubt I will now be hit with negative posts for being too

positive.....

WTF happen there.

Anyway.

Welcome to NCFC Steven.

who moan and groan and find it difficult to be positive once in a while, probably

live

[quote user="Dibs"]

WTF happen there.

Anyway.

Welcome to NCFC Steven.

live[/quote]

I will reserve my judgement for duration of the

season, I wish many more would do the same.

There''s no doubt I will now be hit with negative posts for being too

positive.....

I agree with everything you say Dibs, and I think most do.

The negativety surrounding this signing has been surprising. If the poor bloke reads this forum, and there is every reason to assume that he might now, he would be wondering just what he had committed himself too.

This is a win-win situation for NCFC.

We have a very experienced and versatile player for free for an area in which we are noticeably weak. He can''t be that bad with international caps and hundreds of first team appearances for top Scottish clubs. The SPL might not be that good these days, but it ain''t that bad either.

We have had various nefarious reasons from the critics From the poor level of Scottish football, to some negative vibes from Rangers supporters, from Grant''s signings through to the hapless S. Smith signed by Lambert. YouTube analysts have scrutinised his every move and deduced that he is too slow or whatever.

I suppose it demonstrates just how far we have come so quickly that a Scottish international is viewed as a dubious acquisition for our Club. Wake up and smell the coffee my friends, this chap is more than decent. My analysis is that he is a full back with good attacking instincts and a bit of a shot to match who would add solidarity to our defense when called upon.

I say that it is a good sound, if unspectacular signing that has cost zilch and might well turn out to be a managerial masterstroke. Apparently Moyes liked him, amongst others.

As I said elsewhere, if he had been Hughton''s third/fourth signing, then it would have not garnered so much attention or negativety.

I think this has been talked to death... lets move on to a possible signing tomorrow, Holts situation and who knows as training starts.SW has come in on a free, to a poor defensive group that will only get better with experience and leadership. Someone who is a winner, who has been demanded to win and knows how to close out games.I think that is SW a great player to have on the bench and at the training ground, to pass this wisdom on to a young group.He is welcomed here, but with bad blood with Lambert and Holt in the air it has led to some silly comments. I would rather Whittaker was on the bench than Drury. So he can take that place as he will be here for 4 years and be able to bring our better players on.Lets move on to more pressing needs, GH and his wage demands which will cripple any further move if he fails to deliver next season. Please grant if you want to stay play under your current contract terms agreed 12 months ago and we will discuss in another 12 months about a 1 year extension with maybe more money.Lets look at another leading striker, that combatative central midfielder, wide player, starting centre half and starting right back.

Welcome Steven.Don''t know anything about you,as like the majority of posters,i haven''t watched Scottish football for years so i won''t pass judgement untill i see you play,and a couple of youtube clips are no help whatsoever.Good luck!

I have nothing negative to say about the signing of Steve Whittaker.The squad needs strengthening defensively and it also requires experience [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]