Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Taking a lead from Spain

If Holt leaves then s*d it lets just play with 6 midfielders. After all thats where our real stregth in depth seems to lie right now!

Ruddy

Martin Ayala Bennett Tierney

Fox

Bennett Howson Butterfield/Surman Hoolahan Pilkington

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Didn''t Rodent try this trick - and everyone slated him for it?[/quote]

Was tongue in cheek suggestion although the 6 midfielders we could put out now are of far better quality than those Roeder used during those dark, dark days!

I actually think if Holt goes then Morison, Jackson and (if he can stay fit) Vaughan will step up to the plate. people forget that Morison was keeping Holt out of the side at the start of last season and if it wasn;t for his mid season wobble he probably would have got more goals that Holt. Whatever the club might say i am convinced something went on off the pitch that caused that wobble so if we can get his head right this season i think we could get him back banging the goals in. Fingers crossed Hughton is the man to sort him out.

We would obviously also need another striker brought in but based on Hughton''s approach at his previous clubs I can also see us playing Wes/Howson/Butterfield (if he is signing) off a lone striker quite a bit next season.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]I thought Spain''s trick was that they could pass the ball and score.[/quote]

Well with those 6 we could definitely pass the ball! Not so sure about the scoring side of it.

they dont actually play with 6 midfielders...David Silva is more of a "forward" than a striker... he played up front for Valencia quite a few times.Also, if you look how spain line up at the start its definately 4-3-3 as Del Bosque has said. its just hard working midfielders in those positions..

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Didn''t Rodent try this trick - and everyone slated him for it?[/quote]

Was tongue in cheek suggestion although the 6 midfielders we could put out now are of far better quality than those Roeder used during those dark, dark days!

I actually think if Holt goes then Morison, Jackson and (if he can stay fit) Vaughan will step up to the plate. people forget that Morison was keeping Holt out of the side at the start of last season and if it wasn;t for his mid season wobble he probably would have got more goals that Holt. Whatever the club might say i am convinced something went on off the pitch that caused that wobble so if we can get his head right this season i think we could get him back banging the goals in. Fingers crossed Hughton is the man to sort him out.

We would obviously also need another striker brought in but based on Hughton''s approach at his previous clubs I can also see us playing Wes/Howson/Butterfield (if he is signing) off a lone striker quite a bit next season.

[/quote]

I did spot the tongue in cheek comment!