Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

WHITTAKER.LOVE EM....After extensive

Research into various forums going back to pages from 2008 to last year,

It seems he had a shakey start but steadily got better,though he still had doubters who seemed to be the same posters who never forgave him for that shakey start..

I particularly like the comments from last year (at bottom)

Player Rater - Rangers 2 - Hearts 2

#1   Canadaready  

Administrator

Group: Admin Topics: 6,161 Posts: 75,974 Rep:27 Joined: 15-December 06 Gender:Male Location:Canada

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Crap yet again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Googlebot

register to remove me

Group:Loyal BluenosePosts:1,872Rep:0Joined:14-August 08

Posted Today, 04:21 PM

I''m the googlebot, only guests see me. Register to remove me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2   papaguy51  

Lionel Nessi

Group: Moderator Topics: 1,650 Posts: 57,142 Rep:378 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:North Lanarkshire

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

Is there a ''minus'' option for Boyd?

#3   simplythebest  

Jim Baxter

Group: True Blue Topics: 236 Posts: 13,934 Rep:173 Joined: 02-August 07 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow

McGregor - 6Whittaker - 7Daily - 4McCulloch - 4Papac - 6Davis - 6Mendes - 5Ferguson - 5Beasley - 6Lafferty - 6Boyd - 1

Team selection - 5Tactics - 1Subs - 2

#4   Stuart_RFC  

The cry was No Surrender

Group: True Blue Topics: 245 Posts: 12,685 Rep:3 Joined: 18-January 07 Gender:Male

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

Boyd shouldnt be in it, he isn''t a player

#######################################################################################

How much in total can selling make us this summer?

#1   simplythebestest  

Andy Goram

Group: True Blue Topics: 31 Posts: 1,448 Rep:55 Joined: 20-December 08 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow West End

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

How much in total can selling players make us this summer? And who would you keep or sell? Then, who would you bring in with it?

I can imagine something like this being possible

If we sold this lot for roughly this much;McGregor - 4milBroadfoot - 500kFerguson - 2milMiller - 1.5milNovo - 1milMcCulloch - 500kAdam - 500kHemdani - 500kVelicka - 300kDailly - 0=10.8mil

We''d still have this very strong starting 11 & 6 or so decent subs

Alexander

Whittaker Tonel(1.5mil) Bougherra Papac

Davis Thomson Mendes Beasley

Boyd Lafferty

A very strong defence with whittaker and papac the strong foundation and adding tonel is the cherry on top.Boyd is showing us again what he is about with lafferty at last showing consistancy

Subs:

New GK from SPL (500k?)WeirEduAaronFleck

Misc:

WilsonEfremShinnie FurmanVelicka

Promising Youth:WyldeBagci& couple more

with maybe 4 or 5 million left to spend on a couple of strong players with a couple of decent bosmans after paying 4million back towards debts with a smaller squad size to lower wages also.

####################################################

Since we sold Hutton many people have regarded the right back spot as a major weakness in our team. However it appears that the void left by Hutton is slowly being filled by Steven Whittaker, a player who is growing into the role week in, week out.

Having been (unfairly) junted from pillar to post by the management team he was finally (albeit through another players misfortune) given a chance to show what he can do in his "preffered" position and he really hasn''t looked back since.

He attacks with so much more vigour and purpose than Broadfoot does and ultimately it''s helping us get results with his fantastic goal, and excellent through ball to Velicka the other day being testiment to that.

If I want to be negative I would say that yes, he is a bit weak defensively, but I''m trying to stay positive here so all I will say is that there are plenty of posters on here talking about how we should be making the other team think about how to combat us, and Whittaker certainly does that.

It''s well known that Broadfoot is liked by our management team, but if he wants his shirt back he is really going to have to work for it as Whittaker has been our best player over the past six weeks.

Let''s hope it continues.

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   disgruntled_bear  

Bill Struth

Group: True Blue Topics: 1,156 Posts: 41,751 Rep:96 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:The Establishment

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

I''m just glad Whittaker has had a run of games at RB and he hasn''t disappointed.

Long may it continue

#3   papaguy51  

Lionel Nessi

Group: Moderator Topics: 1,650 Posts: 57,142 Rep:378 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:North Lanarkshire

People looked at the Hibs game and have him pelters for not closing his man down quickly enough for the goal, but they conveniently forgot his absolutely brilliant goal-saving tackle about ten minutes after that.

In all fairness, Whitty at right-back is something that the fans have been asking for now for such a long time. I think we''ve been proven correct on this one

#4   Jadams  

Bill Struth

Group: Admin Topics: 2,765 Posts: 70,489 Rep:103 Joined: 15-December 06 Gender:Male Location:London

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

There are still some flaws defensively, but going forward he is doing really well. Offers us something different, willing to take on a man, growing in confidence each week.

The last couple of months he''s been excellent, he was our best player for those two disastrous results vs. ICT and Hearts.

####################################################################

Arthur Numan

Group: Rangers Fan Topics: 9 Posts: 364 Rep:0 Joined: 27-August 07 Gender:Male Location:linwood

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

" a bombscare! McGeady will run him ragged   " ? Give me a break. He may not be the best defensively but not even close to those descriptions. He plays with more grit and determination than anyone else on our team and that will do me just fine on Saturday thank you very much. And if he pops up with one of his wonder goals, I will be elated. One of our better and consistant players in the past six weeks. I keep hearing how fast Dailly is but I''ll take Whittaker at right back anyday

##############################################################Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 43 Posts: 2,102 Rep:0 Joined: 17-December 06

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

WTF? Am I the only person who thinks he''s been playing very well recently?

############################################################

Rangers Football Club Season Ticket Holder

Group: True Blue Topics: 1,237 Posts: 32,569 Rep:104 Joined: 11-March 07 Gender:Male Location:Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hes the best RB we have, attacking and defensively

#############################################################

Whittaker Do I hear no faint praise for him?

#1   papaguy51  

Lionel Nessi

Group: Moderator Topics: 1,650 Posts: 57,145 Rep:378 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:North Lanarkshire

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

For the second game in a row, Wiggy has performed well defensively and offensively against attack-minded teams. What did we think of his performance today?

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   Kev  

Sexiest Male ''04,''07,''08,''09,''11

Group: Admin Topics: 1,528 Posts: 64,437 Rep:488 Joined: 16-December 06 Gender:Male Location:East Kilbride

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

An improvement again, even if he wasn''t a stand out.

#3   RoboProd  

Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 248 Posts: 3,180 Rep:117 Joined: 16-November 09 Gender:Male Location:Govan

Think he plays well at right back when Davis is on the right wing - the pair have a good partnership in that position although I agree that ideally we would have Davis in the middle. 

#4   EuanC  

Banned

Group: Banned Topics: 123 Posts: 4,962 Rep:0 Joined: 05-February 09 Gender:Male Location:Leven, Fife.

Was excellent today, as was the whole of the back 4

0 ###########################################

gordo7  

Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 1 Posts: 2,816 Rep:0 Joined: 03-August 09 Gender:Male Location:Renfrew

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

markybear, on 26 September 2010 - 02:14 PM, said:

I thought broadfoot really sorted out the defense today when he came on. We where all over the place up until then. Whitty might find he''s given a midfield role on wed if Davis is out

Seriously???

#12   markybear  

Bear for Life

Group: True Blue Topics: 224 Posts: 6,813 Rep:91 Joined: 27-May 09 Gender:Male Location:glasgow

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

gordo7, on 26 September 2010 - 02:15 PM, said:

Seriously???

Deadly serious mate

#13   Goianegra  

★★★★★

Group: True Blue Topics: 127 Posts: 10,009 Rep:98 Joined: 28-September 08 Gender:Male Location:Scotland

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

Personally, I''d play the both.

#14   MasterD  

Ally McCoist

Group: True Blue Topics: 23 Posts: 11,284 Rep:113 Joined: 04-July 09 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

Broadfoot for me

#15   adam2102  

Terry Butcher

Group: True Blue Topics: 52 Posts: 4,165 Rep:97 Joined: 29-July 08 Gender:Male Location:Edinburgh

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

whittaker. broadfoot has poor judgement and very poor ball skills. at least whittaker can put in a cross. lets just hope to fuck foster tunrs into alan hutton over night 

#16   Bazza  

WATP

Group: Admin Topics: 934 Posts: 16,378 Rep:15 Joined: 16-December 06 Gender:Male Location:Lockerbie

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

Has to be Whittaker if he''s fit. Broadfoot an able deputy but no more.

#############################################

ThePeopleWeAre  

Step Up and Play. 

Group: True Blue Topics: 38 Posts: 4,692 Rep:116 Joined: 22-May 09 Gender:Male Location:Prestwick, Scotland

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

Aye, the over protection of Weir is costing us big time! Bartley did well at centre back so I''d like to see him be given more of a chance. Whittaker is also pish at mo,was looking a 6 mill player recently now seems to be going through the motions with poor clearances to boot.

Muff  

Fight & No Surrender

Group: Rangers Fan Topics: 2,058 Posts: 64,694 Rep:242 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:Under a Union Jack

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

Weir is a year older, Whittaker has gone backwards, Bougherra hasn''t been anywhere near as good as he can be. Papac has been p poor. 

##########################################

Steven Whittaker

#1   ScottVirginTadger  

Davie Cooper

Group: True Blue Topics: 262 Posts: 8,964 Rep:430 Joined: 18-May 09 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow, Castlemilk

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

He has his critics, and more often than not he deserves the stick he gets, but my god, WHAT A PERFORMANCE! At Right back he hardly put a foot wrong, and if it wasn''t for a lucky deflection Ledley wouldn''t have gotten his goal. At Centre Back, he was a rock. We didn''t miss Bougherra when he went off, and Whittaker was even on hand to cover for Edu (who was brilliant going by his recent standards).

Steven never looked out of place today, not once. Izaguirre? Shite. Commons? Who!? We need to do this more often. The whole team put in a shift, and Davis probably just edged MOTM over Whittaker, but the big man was a mountain today.

More of the same please!

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   Zappa6995  

Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 2 Posts: 1,724 Rep:29 Joined: 28-August 10 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow G52

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

Whittaker had a cracking game. We might just have found a new Centre Back

#3   Jamie1807  

It''s the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Group: Banned Topics: 292 Posts: 31,226 Rep:143 Joined: 01-August 08 Gender:Male Location:Near, far, wherever you are.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Whittaker was fucking brilliant

#4   rfc_no1fan  

Ally McCoist

Group: True Blue Topics: 296 Posts: 11,686 Rep:9 Joined: 16-December 06 Gender:Male

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

What do you mean he deserves the critisism he gets? He has been one of our best players this season.

Sounds quite positive.

Obviously some a*sehole posters on there just like on here bashing players and trying to ruin their confidence, but he seems to have won many people over towards the end. Hopefully he does well for us and proves to be a valuable addition. Welcome aboard!

A full back who moves into the centre half position and looks very classy? Shades of Russell Martin perhaps?

One could argue Whittaker is better than Cafu seeing as they compete for the same role in the Scotland side...

I was underwhelmed when this signing was announced but I am beginning to warm to it. Clearly he is a full back that likes to get forward.

Now Brighton have an attcking full back, Calderon, and my Brighton supporting friends tells me that he was able to get forward because one Elliot Bennett was extremely effective at dropping to right back to cover him when he did.

So Whittaker and Elliot could prove to be an effective combination.

Too much negativity over this signing. We should be positive until we have evidence in a NCFC shirt to the contrary.

COYY

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

It seems he had a shakey start but steadily got better,though he still had doubters who seemed to be the same posters who never forgave him for that shakey start..

#1   Canadaready

Administrator

Group: Admin
Topics: 6,161
Rep:27

Crap yet again.

Googlebot

register to remove me

Group:Loyal Bluenose
Rep:0

I''m the googlebot, only guests see me.
 Register to remove me.

#2   papaguy51

Lionel Nessi

Group: Moderator
Topics: 1,650
Rep:378

#3   simplythebest

Jim Baxter

Group: True Blue
Topics: 236
Rep:173

McGregor - 6
Whittaker - 7
Daily - 4
McCulloch - 4
Papac - 6
Davis - 6
Mendes - 5
Ferguson - 5
Beasley - 6
Lafferty - 6
Boyd - 1

Team selection - 5
Tactics - 1
Subs - 2

#4   Stuart_RFC

The cry was No Surrender

Topics: 245
Rep:3

#######################################################################################

#1   simplythebestest

Andy Goram

Topics: 31
Rep:55

How much in total can selling players make us this summer? And who would you keep or sell? Then, who would you bring in with it?

If we sold this lot for roughly this much;
McGregor - 4mil
Broadfoot - 500k
Ferguson - 2mil
Miller - 1.5mil
Novo - 1mil
McCulloch - 500k
Adam - 500k
Hemdani - 500k
Velicka - 300k
Dailly - 0
=10.8mil

Alexander

Boyd Lafferty

A very strong defence with whittaker and papac the strong foundation and adding tonel is the cherry on top.
Boyd is showing us again what he is about with lafferty at last showing consistancy

Subs:

New GK from SPL (500k?)
Weir
Edu
Aaron
Fleck

Misc:

Wilson
Efrem
Shinnie
 Furman
Velicka

Promising Youth:
Wylde
Bagci
& couple more

with maybe 4 or 5 million left to spend on a couple of strong players with a couple of decent bosmans after paying 4million
 back towards debts with a smaller squad size to lower wages also.

Since we sold Hutton many people have regarded the right back spot as a major weakness in our team. However it appears that the void left by Hutton is slowly being filled by Steven Whittaker, a player who is growing into the role week in, week out.

Having been (unfairly) junted from pillar to post by the management team he was finally (albeit through another players misfortune) given a chance to show what he can do in his "preffered" position and he really hasn''t looked back since.

He attacks with so much more vigour and purpose than Broadfoot does and ultimately it''s helping us get results with his fantastic goal, and excellent through ball to Velicka the other day being testiment to that.

If I want to be negative I would say that yes, he is a bit weak defensively, but I''m trying to stay positive here so all I will say is that there are plenty of posters on here talking about how we should be making the other team think about how to combat us, and Whittaker certainly does that.

It''s well known that Broadfoot is liked by our management team, but if he wants his shirt back he is really going to have to work for it as Whittaker has been our best player over the past six weeks.

Googlebot

register to remove me

Register to remove me.

#2   disgruntled_bear

Bill Struth

Topics: 1,156
Rep:96

I''m just glad Whittaker has had a run of games at RB and he hasn''t disappointed.

Long may it continue

#3   papaguy51

Lionel Nessi

People looked at the Hibs game and have him pelters for not closing his man down quickly enough for the goal, but they conveniently forgot his absolutely brilliant goal-saving tackle about ten minutes after that.

In all fairness, Whitty at right-back is something that the fans have been asking for now for such a long time. I think we''ve been proven correct on this one

#4   Jadams

Bill Struth

Topics: 2,765
Rep:103

There are still some flaws defensively, but going forward he is doing really well. Offers us something different, willing to take on a man, growing in confidence each week.

The last couple of months he''s been excellent, he was our best player for those two disastrous results vs. ICT and Hearts.

Arthur Numan

Group: Rangers Fan
Topics: 9

" a bombscare! McGeady will run him ragged   " ? Give me a break. He may not be the best defensively but not even close to those descriptions. He plays with more grit and determination than anyone else on our team and that will do me just fine on Saturday thank you very much. And if he pops up with one of his wonder goals, I will be elated. One of our better and consistant players in the past six weeks. I keep hearing how fast Dailly is but I''ll take Whittaker at right back anyday

##############################################################
Richard Gough

Topics: 43

Topics: 1,237
Rep:104

#1   papaguy51

Lionel Nessi

For the second game in a row, Wiggy has performed well defensively and offensively against attack-minded teams.

What did we think of his performance today?

Googlebot

register to remove me

Register to remove me.

#2   Kev

Topics: 1,528
Rep:488

#3   RoboProd

Richard Gough

Topics: 248
Rep:117

Think he plays well at right back when Davis is on the right wing - the pair have a good partnership in that position although I agree that ideally we would have Davis in the middle.

#4   EuanC

Banned

Group: Banned
Topics: 123

###########################################

gordo7

Richard Gough

Topics: 1

I thought broadfoot really sorted out the defense today when he came on. We where all over the place up until then.

Whitty might find he''s given a midfield role on wed if Davis is out

Seriously???

#12   markybear

Bear for Life

Topics: 224
Rep:91

Seriously???

Deadly serious mate

#13   Goianegra

★★★★★

Topics: 127
Rep:98

#14   MasterD

Ally McCoist

Topics: 23
Rep:113

Broadfoot for me

#15   adam2102

Terry Butcher

Topics: 52
Rep:97

whittaker. broadfoot has poor judgement and very poor ball skills. at least whittaker can put in a cross. lets just hope to fuck foster tunrs into alan hutton over night

#16   Bazza

WATP

Topics: 934
Rep:15

ThePeopleWeAre

Step Up and Play.

Topics: 38
Rep:116

Aye, the over protection of Weir is costing us big time! Bartley did well at centre back so I''d like to see him be given more of a chance.

Whittaker is also pish at mo,was looking a 6 mill player recently now seems to be going through the motions with poor clearances to boot.

Muff

Fight & No Surrender

Group: Rangers Fan
Topics: 2,058
Rep:242

Weir is a year older, Whittaker has gone backwards, Bougherra hasn''t been anywhere near as good as he can be. Papac has been p poor.

Steven Whittaker

#1   ScottVirginTadger

Davie Cooper

Topics: 262
Rep:430

He has his critics, and more often than not he deserves the stick he gets, but my god, WHAT A PERFORMANCE!

At Right back he hardly put a foot wrong, and if it wasn''t for a lucky deflection Ledley wouldn''t have gotten his goal. At Centre Back, he was a rock. We didn''t miss Bougherra when he went off, and Whittaker was even on hand to cover for Edu (who was brilliant going by his recent standards).

Steven never looked out of place today, not once. Izaguirre? Shite. Commons? Who!? We need to do this more often. The whole team put in a shift, and Davis probably just edged MOTM over Whittaker, but the big man was a mountain today.

More of the same please!

Googlebot

register to remove me

Register to remove me.

#2   Zappa6995

Richard Gough

Topics: 2
Rep:29

Whittaker had a cracking game.
 We might just have found a new Centre Back

#3   Jamie1807

Group: Banned
Topics: 292
Rep:143

#4   rfc_no1fan

Ally McCoist

Topics: 296
Rep:9

What do you mean he deserves the critisism he gets?

He has been one of our best players this season.

Wow, that was one of the longest posts I have seen on this Forum. Hang on, this must be now, sorry for wasting five minutes of you life Wiz.

[/quote]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

#1   Canadaready  

Administrator

Group: Admin Topics: 6,161 Posts: 75,974 Rep:27 Joined: 15-December 06 Gender:Male Location:Canada

Crap yet again.

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   papaguy51  

Lionel Nessi

#3   simplythebest  

Jim Baxter

Group: True Blue Topics: 236 Posts: 13,934 Rep:173 Joined: 02-August 07 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow

McGregor - 6Whittaker - 7Daily - 4McCulloch - 4Papac - 6Davis - 6Mendes - 5Ferguson - 5Beasley - 6Lafferty - 6Boyd - 1

Team selection - 5Tactics - 1Subs - 2

#4   Stuart_RFC  

The cry was No Surrender

Group: True Blue Topics: 245 Posts: 12,685 Rep:3 Joined: 18-January 07 Gender:Male

#1   simplythebestest  

Andy Goram

Group: True Blue Topics: 31 Posts: 1,448 Rep:55 Joined: 20-December 08 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow West End

If we sold this lot for roughly this much;McGregor - 4milBroadfoot - 500kFerguson - 2milMiller - 1.5milNovo - 1milMcCulloch - 500kAdam - 500kHemdani - 500kVelicka - 300kDailly - 0=10.8mil

Alexander

Boyd Lafferty

A very strong defence with whittaker and papac the strong foundation and adding tonel is the cherry on top.Boyd is showing us again what he is about with lafferty at last showing consistancy

Subs:

New GK from SPL (500k?)WeirEduAaronFleck

Misc:

WilsonEfremShinnie FurmanVelicka

Promising Youth:WyldeBagci& couple more

with maybe 4 or 5 million left to spend on a couple of strong players with a couple of decent bosmans after paying 4million back towards debts with a smaller squad size to lower wages also.

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   disgruntled_bear  

Bill Struth

Group: True Blue Topics: 1,156 Posts: 41,751 Rep:96 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:The Establishment

Long may it continue

#3   papaguy51  

Lionel Nessi

#4   Jadams  

Bill Struth

Group: Admin Topics: 2,765 Posts: 70,489 Rep:103 Joined: 15-December 06 Gender:Male Location:London

Arthur Numan

Group: Rangers Fan Topics: 9 Posts: 364 Rep:0 Joined: 27-August 07 Gender:Male Location:linwood

##############################################################Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 43 Posts: 2,102 Rep:0 Joined: 17-December 06

Group: True Blue Topics: 1,237 Posts: 32,569 Rep:104 Joined: 11-March 07 Gender:Male Location:Edinburgh, Scotland

#1   papaguy51  

Lionel Nessi

Group: Moderator Topics: 1,650 Posts: 57,145 Rep:378 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:North Lanarkshire

For the second game in a row, Wiggy has performed well defensively and offensively against attack-minded teams. What did we think of his performance today?

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   Kev  

Group: Admin Topics: 1,528 Posts: 64,437 Rep:488 Joined: 16-December 06 Gender:Male Location:East Kilbride

#3   RoboProd  

Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 248 Posts: 3,180 Rep:117 Joined: 16-November 09 Gender:Male Location:Govan

#4   EuanC  

Banned

Group: Banned Topics: 123 Posts: 4,962 Rep:0 Joined: 05-February 09 Gender:Male Location:Leven, Fife.

0 ###########################################

gordo7  

Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 1 Posts: 2,816 Rep:0 Joined: 03-August 09 Gender:Male Location:Renfrew

I thought broadfoot really sorted out the defense today when he came on. We where all over the place up until then. Whitty might find he''s given a midfield role on wed if Davis is out

Seriously???

#12   markybear  

Bear for Life

Group: True Blue Topics: 224 Posts: 6,813 Rep:91 Joined: 27-May 09 Gender:Male Location:glasgow

Seriously???

Deadly serious mate

#13   Goianegra  

★★★★★

Group: True Blue Topics: 127 Posts: 10,009 Rep:98 Joined: 28-September 08 Gender:Male Location:Scotland

#14   MasterD  

Ally McCoist

Group: True Blue Topics: 23 Posts: 11,284 Rep:113 Joined: 04-July 09 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow

Broadfoot for me

#15   adam2102  

Terry Butcher

Group: True Blue Topics: 52 Posts: 4,165 Rep:97 Joined: 29-July 08 Gender:Male Location:Edinburgh

#16   Bazza  

WATP

Group: Admin Topics: 934 Posts: 16,378 Rep:15 Joined: 16-December 06 Gender:Male Location:Lockerbie

ThePeopleWeAre  

Step Up and Play. 

Group: True Blue Topics: 38 Posts: 4,692 Rep:116 Joined: 22-May 09 Gender:Male Location:Prestwick, Scotland

Aye, the over protection of Weir is costing us big time! Bartley did well at centre back so I''d like to see him be given more of a chance. Whittaker is also pish at mo,was looking a 6 mill player recently now seems to be going through the motions with poor clearances to boot.

Muff  

Fight & No Surrender

Group: Rangers Fan Topics: 2,058 Posts: 64,694 Rep:242 Joined: 17-December 06 Gender:Male Location:Under a Union Jack

Steven Whittaker

#1   ScottVirginTadger  

Davie Cooper

Group: True Blue Topics: 262 Posts: 8,964 Rep:430 Joined: 18-May 09 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow, Castlemilk

He has his critics, and more often than not he deserves the stick he gets, but my god, WHAT A PERFORMANCE! At Right back he hardly put a foot wrong, and if it wasn''t for a lucky deflection Ledley wouldn''t have gotten his goal. At Centre Back, he was a rock. We didn''t miss Bougherra when he went off, and Whittaker was even on hand to cover for Edu (who was brilliant going by his recent standards).

More of the same please!

Googlebot

register to remove me

#2   Zappa6995  

Richard Gough

Group: True Blue Topics: 2 Posts: 1,724 Rep:29 Joined: 28-August 10 Gender:Male Location:Glasgow G52

Whittaker had a cracking game. We might just have found a new Centre Back

#3   Jamie1807  

Group: Banned Topics: 292 Posts: 31,226 Rep:143 Joined: 01-August 08 Gender:Male Location:Near, far, wherever you are.

#4   rfc_no1fan  

Ally McCoist

Group: True Blue Topics: 296 Posts: 11,686 Rep:9 Joined: 16-December 06 Gender:Male

What do you mean he deserves the critisism he gets? He has been one of our best players this season.

[/quote]