Sign in to follow this  
whitebeard

Lots of old grumpy negative people

After being on here for a little while im begining to notice far to much negativity, come on you grumpy prats lets be a bit more positive our fantastic club is in the best league in the world.

Seems to me like most people want us to be something we are not going to be over night!!

lets not forget where we have come from in the past 3 years! lets be positvie

OTBC!!!

I know we are all going to be a bit disapointed and we are going to have a moan but there is never any constructive critisism.

Just think if the team were to read half the Rubbish on here then the would want out!

Couldn''t agree more, and I want my side to STAY in the biggest league of the world...and that''ll take all the help the 12th man can give!!!

Im sure their is more than us few that are sick of the constant why arent we top of the league blah blah blah!

[quote user="whitebeard"]

would you care to tell me why it isnt?

[/quote]

Don''t be negative. You''re the one that made the statement. Chops didn''t say it isn''t. He simply asked you why you claim it is.

[quote user="whitebeard"]

[/quote] Well the Premier League only has 20 teams, the Championship, L1 and L2 has 24 teams, so surely they are bigger leagues?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Why is the Premier League the "best league in the world"?

[/quote]

whitebeard please tell

Old, grumpy negative person here. Some of us tend to be ''glass half empty'' kind of people, love the club but fear the worst while hoping for the best. Doesn''t make me any less of a fan. We all have different personalities. I do understand that others on here do not want to read doom and gloom all the time though............ ................Would you believe it, it''s raining again now...oh well perhaps it''ll clear up later....

[quote user="BGGYPOS"][quote user="whitebeard"]

[/quote] Well the Premier League only has 20 teams, the Championship, L1 and L2 has 24 teams, so surely they are bigger leagues?[/quote]The recognised best two players in the World play in the Spanish league.Notably there are currently no English players good enough to get a place in a top club in the Spanish, Italian or German league.

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"]The recognised best two players in the World play in the Spanish league.Notably there are currently no English players good enough to get a place in a top club in the Spanish, Italian or German league.[/quote]By that logic, if those same two players happened to play in the Bolivian league, that would make that the best league in the world...I think not.Based on overall quality of players/teams in the league, I feel the Prem is the best league in the world on that basis, followed closely by Spain then Italy, with Germany and Holland 4th and 5th respectively.

Watching Bilbao last season made me realise how good even mid-table Spanish sides can be.

They completely outplayed Man Utd in both legs of their European tie and were a joy to watch as well.

It suggested to me that the Premier League is below the level of the Spanish league.

Bilbao were just like Swansea this year, in that they could play great football and get results at times, but they were never serious challengers for the big boys.How about a fair comparison of the quality of teams like Mallorca, Getafe and Osasuna to similar placed teams in the prem...

Disregarding Bilbao''s two thrashings of Man Utd, the record of Spanish clubs in European club competition was way ahead of that achieved by any other nation last year:

European Cup seminfinalists: 2 out of 4 from Spain (Real Madrid and Barcelona)

UEFA Cup semifinalists: 3 out of 4 from Spain (Atletico, Athletic and Valencia).

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Rootin FerHooten"]The recognised best two players in the World play in the Spanish league.
Notably there are currently no English players good enough to get a place in a top club in the Spanish, Italian or German league.[/quote]
By that logic, if those same two players happened to play in the Bolivian league, that would make that the best league in the world...I think not.

Based on overall quality of players/teams in the league, I feel the Prem is the best league in the world on that basis, followed closely by Spain then Italy, with Germany and Holland 4th and 5th respectively.
[/quote]

Personally I think it is a bit too close to call at the moment between Spain and the Premier League. Obviously Madrid and Barcelona are the best two club teams in the world at the moment - Barcelona could be the best of all time. The bottom regions of La Liga aren''t great, but then neither is the EPL (or BPL). English teams are regulary shown up in Europe - but it is hard to know how hard they are really trying.

I would say though that the Bundesliga is streaks ahead of Italy at the moment and there is no way on earth that Holland is the 5th best League. France is way superior of a dutch league that is rapidly heading downwards as the best young dutch players leave at younger and younger ages. I would put the Supa Liga and the Championship ahead of the Eredivisie, especially after last season. The Jupiler League is proably equally as good at the moment.

For me I would rank the top 5 European leagues as;

1) La Liga

2) Premier League

3) Budesliga (although most enjoyable to watch)

4) Seria A

5) Ligue 1

[quote user="lake district canary"]

That''s the board for you - it''s the Pos''s versus the Negs.    

And BW.

[/quote]

You mean Trolls.

Crucially it''s not the respectable, competetive UEFA cup anymore but the Europa league where the only team that looked pleased to be there last season was Birmingham.

Tha said, it is close between the PL and la liga but purely for the fact there was more than 2 teams that people thought could win the Pl last season before it kicked off and that any promoted teams have a good chance of staying up, I''d go for the PL