Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes as goal music?

No way. Goal music is really nauseating and tinpot. It needs to be got rid of asap. One of the best things about scoring away from home is the silence in the ground while your fans go mental. We should want to create that atmosphere with the whole of Carrow Road involved rather than singing along to the goal music like some performing seal at a zoo.

I am 100% sure this will be used along with the other Dum Dum Dum Dum no GCSE required sing alongs football fans tend to adopt.Personally I thought it sounded bloody aweful , hate the White Stripes as well. Just dont see how humming that is supporting your team ?

It WAS a decent song for about a year after it was released what must be not far off a decade ago. But it has been totally and utterly beaten to death by countless dodgy remixes, released on a more than yearly basis, and of course on the terraces.

It has become to the White Stripes what Bohemian Rhapsody became to Queen!

So er, what I mean by that is, for the love god NO!

How about we go the whole hog and have the UEFA-sanctioned ''Countdown to Kick-Off'' as well

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 *tap, tap, punt ball out for a throw*

There is one time above all others in a game of football where there is no need to artificially hype up the atmosphere - that time is when a goal has just been scored!

[quote user="a1canary"]It WAS a decent song for about a year after it was released what must be not far off a decade ago. But it has been totally and utterly beaten to death by countless dodgy remixes, released on a more than yearly basis, and of course on the terraces.

It has become to the White Stripes what Bohemian Rhapsody became to Queen!

So er, what I mean by that is, for the love god NO![/quote]And that''s if you ignore the fact that the bass progression underpinning White Stripes "7 nation Army" first came out as "The Subway Song" by The Cure in the late ''70''s .......

Why on earth do we need goal music?I''m sure the old one''s amongst us can remember the 60''and 70''s we had no need for it then so why now, its all down to Sky tv showing Yank''s bad attempt to play Rugby and call it football, and go with all the razamataz that comes with it so silly people here think its a good idea to play music as well, Why music its a bloody Football match not a bloody disco.

How about corner music as well? and throw in tunes?A lot of fans laugh at us and the few other clubs that persist in this small time habit because of the fact we play goal music. It''s a bit silly really

[quote user="judderman"]How about corner music as well? and throw in tunes?A lot of fans laugh at us and the few other clubs that persist in this small time habit because of the fact we play goal music. It''s a bit silly really[/quote]Haha this made me lol :D - I agree, goal music is silly and we should ditch it

We already have a countdown...to OTBC! I think we should go back to singing it right as it''s kicked off rather than just before. Always liked it when the stadium was quiet then just as the ball gets kicked it erupts into OTBC, more intimidating or the opposing team that way.

[quote user="Jez"]We already have a countdown...to OTBC! I think we should go back to singing it right as it''s kicked off rather than just before. Always liked it when the stadium was quiet then just as the ball gets kicked it erupts into OTBC, more intimidating or the opposing team that way.[/quote]

Could work, but I remember when the buzz in the ground started 20 minutes before the kick off, singing and chanting,  building and building to the kick off almost in a frenzy of atomosphere.    A cauldron of expectation leading up to the whistle.   Nowadays the would be chanters have succumbed to the throwing down the throat of alcohol right up to the kick off.....................I wonder which is better way of doing things???

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Maybe it''s ''coz some parts of the ground require a countdown to sing OTBC !

[/quote]

I don''t believe we need a count down fot OTBC before kickoff, We can all see them come out the tunnel, we all cheer, that cheer could burst into the OTBC, which some of us in the Barclay do anyway