Sign in to follow this  
PaulLambertsSon

Connor Wickham!!!

Not going to post under my usual account incase it doesn''t go through and i look like an idiot.

BUT.. I have a very reliable source within Sunderland who tells me we''re very close securing Wickham on a 1 year loan deal!

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]Not going to post under my usual account incase it doesn''t go through and i look like an idiot.

BUT.. I have a very reliable source within Sunderland who tells me we''re very close securing Wickham on a 1 year loan deal![/quote]Not only do you look like an idiot, you also sound like one.It would be like feeding Christians to the Lions.And there I was, thinking blood sports were banned.

Now that would have great comedy value as they adore him down the road and they have been rumored for a year loan themselves. Not sure we really need a striker that does not score though , how the Binners managed to get £8 million for him will always be a mystery . Still see we are linked with Leon Best and somebody on Twitter posted we see Chris Wood as Holts replacement , all very uninspiring .

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]Seems odd that we would loan a player from a team who finished below us...

3 things..

Steve Bruce

Martin O''neil

8 million pounds[/quote]well I''m none the wiser for that info.If Sunderland want to give him playing time best they loan him back to 1p5wich.He''d be on a hiding to nothing at CR.

It really isn''t rocket science friend.

Steve Bruce signed Wickham for 8 million pounds. Bruce was sacked, O''neil came in. O''neil has his own plans and Wickham isn''t part of that next season. Which brings you back to the 8 miilion and why Sunderland want to loan him out.

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]It really isn''t rocket science friend.

Steve Bruce signed Wickham for 8 million pounds. Bruce was sacked, O''neil came in. O''neil has his own plans and Wickham isn''t part of that next season. Which brings you back to the 8 miilion and why Sunderland want to loan him out.[/quote]

Well time will tell and stranger things have happened but personally I think there is more chance of being struck by lightening than for your scenario to play out.[;)]

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]It really isn''t rocket science friend.

Steve Bruce signed Wickham for 8 million pounds. Bruce was sacked, O''neil came in. O''neil has his own plans and Wickham isn''t part of that next season. Which brings you back to the 8 miilion and why Sunderland want to loan him out.[/quote]

Wickham might have looked decent playing for your team, at  Portaloo road, but let''s face it, i would look good playing for 1p5wich, and i''m 65!

Go back and post threads to yourself on Tw@ted! 

Yes being an Ipswich fan I love linking players that we were hoping to sign ourselves with Norwich.

Get real. You wouldn''t see me dead in an Ipswich shirt.

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]Not going to post under my usual account incase it doesn''t go through and i look like an idiot.

BUT.. I have a very reliable source within Sunderland who tells me we''re very close securing Wickham on a 1 year loan deal![/quote]AKA this post is complete bull***t but you thought it''d be funny because you''re 12. Grow up. If it was true you''d do it on your main account and admit you were wrong if (which it will) it doesn''t come true.

AKA this post is complete bull***t but you thought it''d be funny because you''re 12. Grow up. If it was true you''d do it on your main account and admit you were wrong if (which it will) it doesn''t come true.

Ok we''ll just wait and see. I''ve seen all the abuse the rumour mongers get on here, personally i didn''t fancy it.

My point wasn''t why would Sunderland want to loan him out (that''s kind of obvious what with him doing very little last season but still having a lot of potential and needing game time). It''s why would we loan a player who couldn''t get in to the team, or even the bench of a team that were worse than us last season.

[quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]It really isn''t rocket science friend. Steve Bruce signed Wickham for 8 million pounds. Bruce was sacked, O''neil came in. O''neil has his own plans and Wickham isn''t part of that next season. Which brings you back to the 8 miilion and why Sunderland want to loan him out.[/quote]

So you think Sunderland hate us that much,

There''s a difference between selling and loaning, if we were talking about buying him then that would be a different matter.

If we start loaning players from teams that finished below us then yes, we should start to worry.

Before last Season Kyle Naughton was on loan at Leicester in the Championship.

Remind me where we finished in the league and where Leicester finished again?

What a good idea.

Wickham was bought for £8M and is now worth how much?

The only way his value can increase is to get some other club, Premiership or even Championship, to give him lots of games, hope he produces the goods and raises his profile......... and raise his value. And if he does really well the club responsible for increasing his value won''t be able to afford to  buy him. (Naughton anyone?)

Some clubs suffer greatly by using other club''s players. Sturridge was sorely missed at Bolton as was Wilshere. Wellbeck left Sunderland and they plumetted. Frimpong got injured, Wolves got relegated.

Keep your loan players ....... I don''t want them at Norwich.

Sturridge single handedly saved Bolton from relegation. Welbeck was awesome for Sunderland as was Wilshere at Bolton and Frimpong done sweet FA at Wolves before he was injured anyway.

Could you possibly write any more cr*p.

BUT.. I have a very reliable source within Sunderland who tells me we''re very close securing Wickham on a 1 year loan deal![/quote]I heard this too, and it''s because we''re ditching Aviva and signing a 1 year sponsorship deal with Clearasil.

"PaulLambertsSon"Sturridge single handedly saved Bolton from relegation. Welbeck was awesome for Sunderland as was Wilshere at Bolton and Frimpong done sweet FA at Wolves before he was injured anyway. Could you possibly write any more cr*p.

You are quite right - Sturridge single handedly saved Bolton - then they lost him - and got relegated. A short term answer solved by a loan player.

The Premiership has become a two tier competition where for 5 or 6 teams it''s complete failure to finish 5th and for 12 or so teams it''s success to finish 17th.

The loan system allows the richest clubs to retain their wealth and their position by getting the poorer clubs, like us, to increase the value of their players and keep their place amongst the richest. A squad of 25 is meaningless if clubs have 50 or 60 players signed on and loan out 15 to 20 of them to maintain their financial superiority.

Clubs like Norwich have historically bought players who have been unable to break into first teams, train them, coach them, develop them and reap their own rewards for the work they put in. They were rewarded by having good players who could be sold at a good profit after giving good service.

Naughton joined us from Tottenham, just as in the past John Polston, Ian Crook, Ian Culverhouse, Mark Bowen, Martin Peters, Martin Chivers and quite a few I have missed did. The difference is that by our own hard work, coaching, training, developing the younger players or giving older players the chance to resurrect their careers we benefitted as we should have. Our work with Naughton has been short term. We have raised his profile, given him exposure and improved him so much that his value has rocketed to such a degree that we probably can''t afford him. Spurs are laughing all the way to the bank as are the other rich, top clubs in the Premiership.

The only way a club can compete now is to allow itself to become a plaything of a megarich owner. But that can, and will prove to be a very dangerous thing to do, as we all know that the toys gets disgarded one day. Then what happens?

How about trying to have a level playing field.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Now that would have great comedy value as they adore him down the road and they have been rumored for a year loan themselves. Not sure we really need a striker that does not score though , how the Binners managed to get £8 million for him will always be a mystery . Still see we are linked with Leon Best and somebody on Twitter posted we see Chris Wood as Holts replacement , all very uninspiring .[/quote]

One of the NCFC management team has previously tried to sign Chris Wood but failed.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PaulLambertsSon"]It really isn''t rocket science friend. Steve Bruce signed Wickham for 8 million pounds. Bruce was sacked, O''neil came in. O''neil has his own plans and Wickham isn''t part of that next season. Which brings you back to the 8 miilion and why Sunderland want to loan him out.[/quote]

Well time will tell and stranger things have happened but personally I think there is more chance of being struck by lightening than for your scenario to play out.[;)]
[/quote]

I think there is more chance of us signing Des O''Connor.