Sign in to follow this  
TRAVIS ASKEW

Jarvis from Wolves

Anyone else think he would be a useful addition on the wing. Thought he was very lively last season and scored a few too.

There was some reports a while back saying we were interested with a few other teams.

Thoughts?

I don''t think we have money to spend in areas that are OK at the moment. With EB, Pilks, Wes, Surman, Crofts, Johnson etc we should be concentrating on boosting the weaker areas in my book.Jarvis is really good and if it didnt mean we couldnt get more in up front or at the back then cool but midfield seems well stocked to me.

Yellow Shirt, we only have two proper wingers. It is an area that needs addressing. Surman, Johnson, Hoolahan and everyone else bar Pilks and Bennett are not proper wingers. Surman might be able to play out wide, but it makes the midfield narrow as he drifts in.

Agree with Ginger here, we do need another winger and would add compeition for places which is something we are missing here. Also if we start with two wide men and one of them isn''t playing all that well we''d have to switch the way we''re playing if we took one of them off. In addition, we were quite lucky last season that neither Pilks or Bennett got injured. A new winger is a must.

Same, I like the idea of another proper winger as opposed to just a wide midfielder. Of course, there''s the chance of a new winger and Jarvis isn''t a bad choice, but I''m almost certain it won''t happen and we''ll end up getting someone else in. Not so sure as to who, mind. Bulking up in just about every position, bar the goal, is something we should consider.

Will cost more than we are prepared to pay and will be headed to Stoke in any event.

Sadly I think he''s good enough to go to a higher club than us. Would love him there, great out and out winger

After we have signed:

A centre back

A left back

A fast mobile striker to play alongside either Hot or Morrison

and if there is enough funds, Jarvis would be a very good side signing (if we could afford his wages). In The Premiership last season  he scored 8 goals in about 32 starts.