Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

What is Hughton doing?!

[quote user="The ambassador"]Well, there''s always the one negative bast-

Ha, got me there. But wait until wiz comes on for the good old windup![/quote]And me haha!Even if he did only have 2 good years left, the cost of his contract would be outwayed by the income generated from the goals he scores that keeps us in the Premier Division - that is, if he continues to score like last year...

Holt has earned that 3rd year and deserves it! Look how long Dion Dublin went on effectively playing up front (and in defence). Holt is absolutely essential to City staying up again this year and the money available next year will dwarf any amount paid for that third year. Well done Mr Hughton for intervening in time! OTBC!

[quote user="Wiz"]If Holt keeps us up for two more years his new contract will in terms of costs, be small change to us.[/quote]

Isaid that a few weeks ago when they were haggling and got buried for it bet its a great deal now he is staying, got to laugh at this forum sometimes.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Wiz"]If Holt keeps us up for two more years his new contract will in terms of costs, be small change to us.[/quote] Isaid that a few weeks ago when they were haggling and got buried for it bet its a great deal now he is staying, got to laugh at this forum sometimes.[/quote]

A lot of us said it Ricky. I think it''s been handled poorly by the club. I am not going to criticise Holty''s part in it. He has never given anything but his best since we signed him and it must be obvious to everyone that his value increased once he was a proven premier league striker. Not just his transfer value but his value to Norwich City. I''m glad the club seems to have recognised this but this should have been nipped in the bud weeks ago. And it was McNally''s job to do so.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Wiz"]If Holt keeps us up for two more years his new contract will in terms of costs, be small change to us.[/quote] Isaid that a few weeks ago when they were haggling and got buried for it bet its a great deal now he is staying, got to laugh at this forum sometimes.[/quote]

A lot of us said it Ricky. I think it''s been handled poorly by the club. I am not going to criticise Holty''s part in it. He has never given anything but his best since we signed him and it must be obvious to everyone that his value increased once he was a proven premier league striker. Not just his transfer value but his value to Norwich City. I''m glad the club seems to have recognised this but this should have been nipped in the bud weeks ago. And it was McNally''s job to do so.

[/quote]

I''ve always given Holt the benefit of the doubt in that  one can just imagine the  conflicting personalities involved - a no nonsense chief exec and a poor example of an agent.     A better way of dealing with contracts between a player (who may lack the know how of how to deal with such a situation) and the club would be to have an independent figure as a go between instead of an agent - someone who could ensure any negotiations were fair and reasonable to both parties.    One gets the feeling that half the time these so called agents are not up to the job with dealing with tough negotiators.   

As for Holt, he is a footballer and any criticism that has come his way is best answered on the pitch - he''s never let us down there and I don''t think he ever will.   I don''t think it''s in his nature to let anyone down.    Now all our strikers have something to get their teeth into.  Holt Morison Vaughan and Jackson have all for different reasons got something to prove.    Holt - that he can carry on scoring as before, Morison - that he is not lazy and can match Holt, Vaughan - that he is match fit and can score, Jackson - that he can step up to the next level.   

4 hungry strikers.  

Excellent.

[:)]

WOW this makes a change a nice a negative!!!

Grant got his 3 years so he knows he has more secruity for his Family.

I for one would want the same for my family in that situation!  cant blame him really for wanting that???

[quote user="whitebeard"]

WOW this makes a change a nice a negative!!!

Grant got his 3 years so he knows he has more secruity for his Family.

I for one would want the same for my family in that situation!  cant blame him really for wanting that???

[/quote]look more closely and notice the -------> [;)] <---------

By the sounds of it Wiz seems happy now with Chris Hughton!

Wonders will never cease

Fantastic news for us today!!