Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

HOLTY STAYS

he wanted to leave and there were tears grant holt grant holthe wanted to leave and we had fears grant holt grant holthe wanted to leave and there were tears but then he signed for 3 more yearssuper grant holt norwich''s no 9

Not many things get me and the kids dancing around the living room - but this news did!!WFLGH !!!

This is absolutely brilliant news, I am chuffed to bits.

Fact is that Holt is a talisman and a leader for our club and thats been almost as important as his goals over last 3 years.

Guy is a legend to me and my kids!

One thing that I would say however is that we still need at least one more striker now- and a quality one at that. This whole episode has kind of shown how exposed we were if Holt did leave. We now need to get in a top quality striker who can challenge Holt week in week out for his starting position. This will mean that when he does go or if he throws  his toys out the pram again (as he and his agent sadly did here) that we have a ready made replacement to step up.

Now obviously this still could be Morison or Vaughan but for me we still need another to challenge as the first name of the team sheet striker.

But hell, for now lets just again start fing loveing Grant Holt :)

Great news. 

Repays the faith that some of us have had in him that he would stay - and that common sense would prevail.  

All the bedwetters can relax now - and those that threw their toys out of the pram even though they didn''t know the full circumstances can apologise to mummy and ask if she will pick them up and put them back (until the next time they throw them out).

Rudolph, i`ve always had alot of time for your posts but i think you are being a bit unfair here. None of us know what the fall-out behind the scenes was, but one thing we do know is that our captain could have got a juicy signing-on fee and higher wages at several other Prem clubs who were interested in him.  Backtracking and signing a new deal after all that has gone on must have been a hugely difficult decision and i wouldn`t mind betting he`s a tad embarrassed about it all. Moaning and pointing the finger when we don`t really know what went on serves absolutely no purpose on a brilliant day for the club. We really have now gone a long way to setting ourselves up for next season.

"I''m delighted to be here"

Ive heard these words from someone else...however I believe them from the horses mouth !

The blokes a legend, regardless of what went on, we don''t and never will know the full story, i''ll simply judge the guy for on his on the pitch performances for us which have, so far, been impeccable.

I have to say that I am very happy with this!! Ive got a plastic gooners fan in the office taking the p!ss out of me because i''m so happy about our "marquee" signings,normally I would bite and give him some sh!t but i''m too chuffed to even bother with him after this news!! OTBC.

I''m absolutely delighted. There were wrongs on both sides (including McNally or whoever it was who said that he was ''too old'' for a new contract). Yes, Holty could have handled it better as well, but his staying is absolutely critical to City staying up this year, and those who were preaching ''good riddance'' had to be kidding themselves.

I''m glad he has decided Norwich is the best place to be for the next few years and hope his agent has learned a lesson about knowing when to keep his mouth shut and not to spout off in public when it''s not appropriate.

This news is excellent and definately our best signing for several seasons in terms of signing the Premier League''s second highest English goal scorer!  As I mentioned elsewhere, Grant Holt''s importance to our team cannot be under estimated, I believe that he has made a bigger contribution as a player to our great club than ANY other player over the last ten years, including Hucks, and that''s saying something! As mentioned by others, it''s not just the goals he scores. Now, I just hope that CH starts him, when fit, for ALL the big games unlike PL who did occasionally get things wrong (yep, not often but he did) by putting him on the bench!   

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Mixed views on this TBH - fact is Holt DID want to leave (and confirmed his intention after negotiations). He and his agent handled this badly from a PR perspective. Yes it would have cost us a shedload to sign at least one new striker but if we could have landed £4M+ (possibly up to £6M) I would have snapped that up for a 31 year old.

Many fans will now demand Holt steps up to justify all this stuff (to say nothing of his new £20k + per week deal!). There will be no ''easy ride'' as he is the ''talisman'', ''old hero'' etc. If he struggles for form I can see fans quickly losing the faith with him. That would NOT happen had Holt and his agent shown more common sense and patience.

On the plus side, Holt has proved himself in the Premier League and can do it again assuming he stays fit and motivated.

[/quote]

Really???.........aftet all thats happened some people STILL have to moan!

I''m chuffed that Holty wanted to stay (someone would have snapped him up straight away if he really wanted to go!) He''s just a family man who wanted security for his family.

I reckon he''ll score 20+ for us next season to prove the point!

Fantastic news. We couldn''t have replaced Holt''s goals with £6m let alone his influence on the crowd and team. From what we can see as outsiders, the situation might have been better handled but the outcome is what matters in the end.

Keep calm and bring on Grant Holt for another three seasons! 

It is great news that it all got sorted, it will all be largely forgotten when he starts banging in the goals again :-)

It is rather daft that it got to the stage it did, so publicly (Imo Holt''s ''adviser'' gave very odd advice) but CH coming in brought a new impetus to getting it done (and who knows, maybe Mrs Holt helped too as I doubt the family was keen on moving).

Feels like things are starting to come together.I feel much happier about the season ahead now. I think its going to be chuffing hard going but having Holty on board is a massive plus.